Madonna's role in history of electronic music?

SOS

That was her big thing to say she wanted electronic music to be emotional, yes.

And it was true

But Bjork did make emotional eletro music, did'nt she ?

I bought her Cds before ROL was released. She was all over MTV, winning awards at that time....

Madonna helped then, for sure ! She made hit singles out of electro.

Guest bluejean

I don't feel any emotion from Bjork but that could just be me. Like it doesn't move me.

But then again Torn Anus doesn't move me either. Neither does Gaga, Mariah and a lot of others that probably move other people.

It's the same thing over and over in these threads. Madonna gets praised. Someone tries to diminish it and give it to other artists. People start trashing those artists. This is why it's ridiculous and it all comes back to Madonna having to apologize for being immensely successful.

It's the same thing over and over in these threads. Madonna gets praised. Someone tries to diminish it and give it to other artists. People start trashing those artists. This is why it's ridiculous and it all comes back to Madonna having to apologize for being immensely successful.

I didn't see the part where the praises get diminished, sorry.

I hope it's not me, cause I didn't do that at all...

Honestly i feel the same. Everytime Madonna get praised for something, there's almost always someone saying "some other artist did it before".

Honestly i feel the same. Everytime Madonna get praised for something, there's almost always someone saying "some other artist did it before".

What if it's true ?

Is this about Bjork doing electronic music that were all over MTV before Madonna's ROL ?

That's fact.

Yes, some of us could be into eletro before M did it, because that was on TV... That doesn't take away the fact that M popularized electro music, making hits when Bjork didn't really manage at the same level and that no other superstar took the risk to re-invent the way M did with ROL.

Where is the big deal ???

I don't get it...