2015 tour discussion: in anticipation of the Queen's return to the stage.

Apples388

Guest bluejean

Can we not turn this thread into another discussion about Australia? I really don't care if she comes here or not. If I want to see her I'll travel overseas. Who cares what the general Australian public want? The real fans will travel far and wide.

Can we not turn this thread into another discussion about Australia? I really don't care if she comes here or not. If I want to see her I'll travel overseas. Who cares what the general Australian public want? The real fans will travel far and wide.

Bluejean, you are completely wrong here. We should not have to travel overseas to see Madonna in concert when she is the most successful female singer here ever. I consider myself to be one of her biggest fans and I have only seen one of her concerts - the one at the MCG. I don't see why I should have to make plans to go overseas to see her when she could perform here.

Bluejean, you are completely wrong here. We should not have to travel overseas to see Madonna in concert when she is the most successful female singer here ever. I consider myself to be one of her biggest fans and I have only seen one of her concerts - the one at the MCG. I don't see why I should have to make plans to go overseas to see her when she could perform here.

She does it so you can come and meet us!! Music, makes the people come together!

Shame she doesn't pay for the flight tickets :(

Guest bluejean

So BlueJean because I don't travel I'm not a real fan?

That is so fucked up - that's like me only real fans have massive collections.

Wake up.

I'm not actually rating people's fandom, my point is only that the discussion about "will she or won't she" year in year out just feels pointless at this point. Either she'll come or she won't come. But I'm not going to sit about hoping and praying and then throwing a tantrum when she once again doesn't.

Although I do wonder if you're willing to spend so much on your collection what is afew grand to go and see her in concert? Or is it too hard to get out of work? I just think no matter what I'm seeing her this time in whatever country she goes to. I'm doubtful it'll be this one :lol:

I was listening to Rescue Me today and listening to the lyrics and seeing the current estate of mind that Madonna is in lately (#artforfreedon, #revolutionoflove, #rebelheart, etc) I suddenly had a hunch that it could be performed or used as an interlude (in the veins of Sorry in CT and NKM in MDNA)

It would be amazing! :wow:

The only Australia thing I disagree with is the 'she has 2 do the hits'. She's never done that anywhere, the general

public wants TIC era hits, even if they love ROL & MUSIC, when u say M hits they think TIC.

& she's never done more than 5-esque 'big' singles.

It won't b any different when she lands there...

My point is I am a real fan - I missed the opportunity to see her overseas due to the terminal illness of my father, buying houses and for MDNA I signed a contract at work just two weeks before she cancelled Australia - if she announced tickets on sale tomorrow I can book flights and fly to London - this time I will quit my job if I have to and get a new one when I get back.

I cop all the "real fan" shit from idiots on Twitter and Facebook because I own one of the most extensive Madonna collections in Australia - that's 27 years worth of dedication and they still say I'm not a real fan.

What a lot of people overseas don't realise is Madonna's brand in Australia is not good at the moment and hasn't been since she dropped plans to bring the Confessions Tour here and each time she has promised and never toured, it's impacted her legacy here peaking with the vile casual fan and media backlash she copped when she cancelled the MDNA plans - it was like the final nail and it's sad that the most successful singles artist and female artist in Australian chart history hasn't been here in over two decades. Only a tour will rebuild her brand - I choose to stay positive - yes I could make a video compilation of every promise in an interview since 1999 and subsequent news report of not touring to prove my points but it would be of no value. I forgive her and I'm going to London.

And BlueJean - I was one of the few fans who didn't throw a tantrum when she cancelled the last tour. It is what it is and I don't expect her to tour here

Guest Rachelle of London

Sticky and Sweet wouldve been perfect for Australia!!! Australia is one of Ms biggest markets, she is so successful down there it is a bit silly for M to keep snubbing it like that in all honesty. If they can open a Hard Candy Fitness down there, they can certainly do a few shows. Maybe because I'm a new devotee of Real Housewives of Melbourne but Australia is so frikkin awesome. Ms tour would do so well, imagine all the Tourak and South Yarra ladies going to the shows!

Guest bluejean

My point is I am a real fan - I missed the opportunity to see her overseas due to the terminal illness of my father, buying houses and for MDNA I signed a contract at work just two weeks before she cancelled Australia - if she announced tickets on sale tomorrow I can book flights and fly to London - this time I will quit my job if I have to and get a new one when I get back.

I cop all the "real fan" shit from idiots on Twitter and Facebook because I own one of the most extensive Madonna collections in Australia - that's 27 years worth of dedication and they still say I'm not a real fan.

What a lot of people overseas don't realise is Madonna's brand in Australia is not good at the moment and hasn't been since she dropped plans to bring the Confessions Tour here and each time she has promised and never toured, it's impacted her legacy here peaking with the vile casual fan and media backlash she copped when she cancelled the MDNA plans - it was like the final nail and it's sad that the most successful singles artist and female artist in Australian chart history hasn't been here in over two decades. Only a tour will rebuild her brand - I choose to stay positive - yes I could make a video compilation of every promise in an interview since 1999 and subsequent news report of not touring to prove my points but it would be of no value. I forgive her and I'm going to London.

And BlueJean - I was one of the few fans who didn't throw a tantrum when she cancelled the last tour. It is what it is and I don't expect her to tour here

Well of course I know you are a huge fan, I was just speaking generally that us most obsessed fans should keep our expectations low and plan to travel. I don't think I can handle another "Madonna cancels Australia" type thread, it's just gone well and truly beyond a joke. So I'm going to just go and see her in the first leg of the tour wherever that may be.

BlueJean thanks - to my knowledge, Madonna and her team are aware of the damage that was caused by the announcement and cancellation especially since the announcement featured Guy stating how overdue a tour was only for yet another tour to be cancelled - it was the first time I ever believed she was actually coming and it will be the last - until she steps on an Australian stage before my eyes, I will prepare for a cancellation - it's conditioning as an Aussie fan.

There won't be any premature announcement next time - the ticket sales date will be announced or Australia will not be featured on the itinerary - they will be careful this next time I'd say. I think her career in Australia is dead if she doesn't tour next time and that's simply because of the "she hates us" or "she can't be bothered" mentality of the casual fans. I personally hope she comes down here, does a heap of shows and blows us all away

Posted by Dance2nite in the MadonnaTribe forum:

"Frontier Touring Boss/Promoter Michael Gudinski who is currently working out dates for the rescheduled Rolling Stones tour spoke to Gold Fm Radio today & said he has heard whispers Madonna may also tour Australia in our next summer. Live Nation Australia is in charge so he has nothing to do with it but he thought this may be a busy coming Summer in the Australian touring market. Note : He the one who brought Madonna here on the Girlie Show."

Madonna touring Australia in early 2015 would make sense, especially if the new album is released later this year.

Guest bluejean

:rotfl:

I just can't participate in this. I'm seeing her in the opening city, wherever that may be.

I actually would rather not see her here because it's going to be so impossible to get good tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't believe Drowned World was ever conceived as nothing more than a tour of Europe and North America.

I need to see receipts because I don't believe she was going to open in Aus.

We need an Oceania and Asia leg. :wow:

Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide.

Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore, Seoul, Bangkok, Manilla.

Those are a must. Pretty much everyone has been visiting those cities.

Many pop artists now go to Shanghai, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur too but I don't know what's going on currently with censorship in those areas. If I remember correctly, JLO had to cover up back in 2012 when she visited Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. Shanghai seems to be OK.

• 3 months later...

Let's hope she'll sing her best songs Human Nature, Candy Shop, Hung Up, Vogue, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Music and La Isla Bonita again and ignores all the other songs from her catalogue. :dramatic: #queen #unapologeticbitch

Very funny. NOT.

I think January sounds a bit too early, considering the Tribe mod said it's likely going to be Q1 without precisely mentioning a month, it could very well be March as well. In any case, she should defo wait with coming over to Europe until summer! I want another concert summer just like with MDNA 2012! :wow:

Anyhow, I'm excited! :thumbsup:

Guest Rachelle of London

Let's hope she'll sing her best songs Human Nature, Candy Shop, Hung Up, Vogue, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Music and La Isla Bonita again and ignores all the other songs from her catalogue. :dramatic: #queen #unapologeticbitch

OMG I hope she does!!!!!!

Be careful what you wish for! I for one would love that to happen! :wow:

We need an Oceania and Asia leg. :wow:

Auckland, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide.

Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Taipei, Singapore, Seoul, Bangkok, Manilla.

Those are a must. Pretty much everyone has been visiting those cities.

:clap: