Kristin Scott Thomas and the perfect Ciccone part.....

acko

In 'Only God Forgives'

movies-only-god-forgives-still-6.jpg

I just saw the movie, I loved it...& I must say I loved Kristin as mother Crystal.

Her acting part was pure choreography, slightly camp, kinda stiff but in a good way, posing

all the way through...kinda like Madonna acting in a music video :wow:

This shit would have worked 4 M, new face & everything.

Yes please...

tumblr_mi0pjd4bq01qjumzho1_500.png

I saw her in Francois Ozon DANS LA MAISON and I think she's a really great actress. I'd like to see Madonna play this kind of character...

I saw her in Francois Ozon DANS LA MAISON and I think she's a really great actress. I'd like to see Madonna play this kind of character...

Obviously Madonna has nothing on her, in the acting talent department. But It was great role that could work 4 her.

Julien: It's a little more complicated than that. He raped and killed a 16-year-old girl.

Crystal: Well, I'm sure he had his reasons.

I haven't seen the film yet, but she seems to have really given herself over to the role in a way she hasn't for a long time, like she did for The English Patient. So often I feel with KST she's just making a film because it's a laugh, not because the character really thrills her, but when it does she is incredible.

It does look like it could have been played by M... but I really am not here for the movies so.

theres oscar buzz for her performances. is she good?

Well I think, it's more the explicitness of the role...& it goes 2 show how a good director

with a vision can make something work. With different music/editing/pace her performance

would have just been a step up from a soap opera.

Love Kristen's French stuff.

Madge couldn't even really pull off rich bitch Amber wasserface from Swept Away. So no, that ship has well & truly sailed.

Love Kristen's French stuff.

Madge couldn't even really pull off rich bitch Amber wasserface from Swept Away. So no, that ship has well & truly sailed.

That is true but I think some of that may have had something to do with it being a "labour of love". Husband and wife teams are notorious, and she really should have learnt her lesson from Shanghai Surprise. I truly can't understand what possessed her to do Swept Away, when she's always claimed to be about "never doing the same thing twice". And let's face it, even though it was a niche favourite with some of her hardcore fanbase, the "What it Feels Like for a Girl" video did not have a great reception so she should have interpreted that as a harbinger of what was to come...

True enough, that collab was always destined to be a disaster. I don't know what was actually on the table for her after Evita, but those choices she made.....jeez.

But just the actual acting, in some scenes she did ok and in others just a basic failure to even emote properly. Without Abel Ferrara or someone there to beat it out of her then what's the point? Just hire an actress that can act.

Just hire an actress that can act.

What u mean people like Demi Moore & Sandra Bullock?

'I'm not insanely jealous of the movies they're making...it's not cinema...it's not art.'

But then J.Lo said:

'Don't spit on my craft'

:rotfl:

What u mean people like Demi Moore & Sandra Bullock?

'I'm not insanely jealous of the movies they're making...it's not cinema...it's not art.'

Then the silly bitch follows up Evita with that masterpiece of cinema, TNBT!

Still saddens me to this day that Madge & Demi's female cop buddy movie LEDA & SWAN never went ahead.

Well I certainly hope so acks!

I recently watched some old 80s tosh called Masquerade with that other fine acting legend MEG TILLY and Rob Lowe. God, he was a fine specimen in his prime!

Well I certainly hope so acks!

I recently watched some old 80s tosh called Masquerade with that other fine acting legend MEG TILLY and Rob Lowe. God, he was a fine specimen in his prime!

mmm hmm, We recently cleared out our press photo archive at work & I came across the slides (yes slides :D) from

his sex tape...fine ass indeed.

In 'Only God Forgives'

movies-only-god-forgives-still-6.jpg

I just saw the movie, I loved it...& I must say I loved Kristin as mother Crystal.

Her acting part was pure choreography, slightly camp, kinda stiff but in a good way, posing

all the way through...kinda like Madonna acting in a music video :wow:

This shit would have worked 4 M, new face & everything.

Yes please...

tumblr_mi0pjd4bq01qjumzho1_500.png

bitch please..Madonna deservers 100 Oscars from her video performances, how anyone let alone a fan can deny it?