I wish She would make another Ray Of Light

Guest rocketman

Okay, I like HC but this going a little too far, don't you think? :D

Honestly, no :lol:

Of the 2000's era, 3/4 of her albums were extensions of ROL, musically: electronic beats, philosophical lyrics, dark & moody tone... ALL OF THAT IS FINE AND DANDY, I just feel that HC (like TFA, LAV, WTG) dealt with her personal life without being as preachy, lyrically. And the return to a more funky, poppy, uptempo sound was a much needed break from the electro kick she's been on.

HC is classic Madonna, & classic Madonna is what I'm here for.

Honestly, no :lol:

Of the 2000's era, 3/4 of her albums were extensions of ROL, musically: electronic beats, philosophical lyrics, dark & moody tone... ALL OF THAT IS FINE AND DANDY, I just feel that HC (like TFA, LAV, WTG) dealt with her personal life without being as preachy, lyrically. And the return to a more funky, poppy, uptempo sound was a much needed break from the electro kick she's been on.

HC is classic Madonna, & classic Madonna is what I'm here for.

YES! I think I love you. :inlove:

I like the way you put that, "extensions of ROL". That's very true and I guess that's why HC was a breath of fresh air for me. It was time for her to switch it up a bit! In terms of studio albums, COADF to HC was her most drastic musical reinvention since BS to ROL....ironically enough.

Guest Rachelle of London

You sure do spend a lot of time talking about that "useless budget album" though. Just admit it, you love it really!

Guest Rachelle of London

I ain't no bandwagon jumper. And why so many of you are annoyed by my thought about that shit album? I'm sure all of you hated it the moment the Candy Shop and Beat Goes On leaked back in 2007. :lol:

I adored Hard Candy the first time I heard it, I never jumped on any bandwagon thank you very much! I was happy for Madonna to be changing up her musical style and actually releasing music that was fun and exciting. you keep harping on about how much you hate the album, everyone on Madonna Nation knows you hate the album, we get it! For something you dislike so much it seems to be the only thing you post about. There are many members of Madonna Nation that dislike Hard Candy aswell, yet they actually post about other things, you seem so adamant to convince people that its a bad album, in fact you come across as obsessed!

With Gang Bang i instantly felt that "new" path where she could explore. Before hearing Gang Bang for the first time i dont remember when was the last time i was so impressed by her actual music. Of course that by now after hearing Gang Bang for a bilion times im totally used to it but at the time it felt really fresh. She should step out of the usual formulas and twist her sounds, vocals and lyrics to create something really inovative.

I so agree, it was so refreshing because it was unlike anything she's ever done before. I love it. I'm so glad that her catalog of work is so diverse musically and lyrically. I can see why JML (the song) was popular among fans and still is today. Unlike no other.

And IsaacHarris keeps it real fyi and btw. :queenbitch:

That annoying shit WB released as her 11th studio album have no place in her flawless discography. I don't even consider it to be a proper album, more like some useless budget album. :lol:

Your description of Hard Candy belongs to MDNA.

Everyone knows that. They fight it, but they know it to be true, deep down. HC is THE Madonna album of the 2000-2010 era lyrically, musically, visually... I'm glad she ended the decade with a proper comeback to her funky/ spunky ways :wow:

M-Dolla >>> Veronica Electronica, Esther & especially ABBAdonna.

YES TO EVERYTHING!! HC 4EVER!

MDNA has some very REAL Madonna moments like:

GMAYL,

TUTR,

I DONT GIVE A F,

I FUCKED UP

I think its a bit underrated among fans coz the 2nd and 3rd singles flopped so bad

Guest Pud Whacker

ray of light is everything. but any real madonna fan knows it whats shes feeling at that moment. so to wish for a past album is just dumb.

otherwise id wish for another first album. aint gonna happen.

I ain't no bandwagon jumper. And why so many of you are annoyed by my thought about that shit album? I'm sure all of you hated it the moment the Candy Shop and Beat Goes On 'demos' leaked back in 2007. Just like you all do now to GMAYL. :lol:/>

I loooooved the Candy Shop and the Beat Goes On demos that leaked in 2007! I was so excited to hear that R&B/Hip-Hop tune from Madonna! (I was really obsessed with Timbaland and Nelly Furtado at that time :D) I listened to them everyday! I still like Candy Shop and Beat Goes On (both versions) a lot. I like Candy Shop, probably not as much as I did before, but I still like it. I do think it's not one of her best, though. It can't really compare to most of her other songs. What I thought was really disappointing about the HC era, not the album itself, was, that the singles, in my opinion were poorly chosen and promoted. HC was a really commercial album and it was played at a lot of parties I went to. She's Not Me, Beat Goes On, Devil, Heartbeat all of those songs could've been released as singles and believe me if Warner cared a little bit more about promoting M for one last time, HC would've been a major success. I mean we got two and a half singles and one proper video. That is not Madonna standard, in my opinion.

I adored Hard Candy the first time I heard it, I never jumped on any bandwagon thank you very much! I was happy for Madonna to be changing up her musical style and actually releasing music that was fun and exciting. you keep harping on about how much you hate the album, everyone on Madonna Nation knows you hate the album, we get it! For something you dislike so much it seems to be the only thing you post about. There are many members of Madonna Nation that dislike Hard Candy aswell, yet they actually post about other things, you seem so adamant to convince people that its a bad album, in fact you come across as obsessed!

Lmao this thread is so funny, everyone screams and shouts to defend his fav Madonna album as the best one and the "real Madonna" one ! Okay let me join then !

I WANT HER TO DO A NEW BEAUTIFUL STRANGER KIND OF TRACK AND VIDEO THIS WAS THE REAL MADONNA ALL THE REST IS A FAKE MADONNA STUFF THAT SHE HAS BEEN FORCED TO DO PERIOD LOLLLLLLLL

Exactly this! I don't know why it's so, but MDNA feels like a bunch of random songs that don't have anything to do with each other all thrown together. It doesn't s "feel" like an album.

I think this new standard of throwing 900 bonus tracks on everything is partly to blame. Don't get me wrong, love getting the extra tracks, but it kind of dilutes the original vision of whatever the album was intended to be. It's hard enough when everything is digital and most people don't even get physical copies of an album anymore. Luv it or hate it, HC was a very cohesive album that had a distinct image

Exactly this! I don't know why it's so, but MDNA feels like a bunch of random songs that don't have anything to do with each other all thrown together. It doesn't s "feel" like an album.

i love or like all the songs... just not together on one album. mdna doesn't feel like an album to me because it's not cohesive. there is too much going on. you can't have angry bitter divorce songs full of hurt but try to "bring back the fun in pop" at the same time.. well i don't believe so anyway.

Oh my god, people, really?

MDNA has very clear, distinctive themes of love lost, let go, and found again. Thematically, this album could not get any more cohesive because it has a very clear, distinct point that reflects a progression of who Madonna was from her last album. MDNA showcased the Madonna that had began to give less of a fuck during Hard Candy that now gave no fucks (see MDNA Tour). This album was more about Madonna than she's allowed her music to be in a long time. A raw, personal reflection of Madonna post-marriage. Every track (except maybe B'Day Song) tells that story. It is in no way disposable.

Even musically, it really isn't that incohesive. Aside from the three poppiest tracks (GMAYL, Superstar, and B'Day Song), everything else is just effortless, electronically tinged dance pop that Madonna does best. And even those three tracks aren't too far off from the sound of the rest of the album. Yes, it is rearrangeable, but is that really a bad thing? Any album is because every person hears it differently. I rearranged Erotica. Does that make it worth anything less than it was? No.

If any person doesn't like the album, that's fine. But don't try to pretend like it isn't an important album in the context of Madonna's life and discography. And if you got a problem with that

mia-gives-the-i-dont-give-a-shit-finger-during-give-me-all-your-luv-superbowl.gif?w=800