Two months later - MDNA is still an Album of Life.

Apples388

Still loving the album. Still listening to it in the car and in the gym. Still talking about it with my friends (none of whom are hardcore fans).

And oh my goodness, in just over 2 weeks I am going to the Abu Dhabi concert and will witness the MDNA live experience. Can you just believe this. I am dying.

I'm still not 'in2' the album :(

Really? I'm surprised. I just love it. I admit there is one big clunker ("Superstar") but otherwise it's great. I still stand by my original opinion that it's her best album since Music.

In fact, I'm going to rank all the albums again:

1. Like a Prayer

2. Ray of Light

3. Erotica

4. Music

5. MDNA

6. American Life

7. Confessions on a Dance Floor

8. True Blue

9. Madonna

10. Hard Candy

11. Bedtime Stories

12. Like a Virgin

I love Superstar, it's very euro/french cheese...& it actually works.

I just don't get an album vibe from it...I should really go out & get the LP.

But overall, I find it a collection of songs/ideas/B-sides from recording sessions rather than an album.

I enjoy it like a bootleg from Prince studio recordings circa 1987.

But honestly:

GGW

GMAYL

TUTR

r some of the worst recordings of her career

I'm a Sinner

I like a lot, but I kinda feel like she's joking & let Orbit remix a b-side from beautiful stranger

Love Spent is brilliant but the vocal mastering is beyond amateur.

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Falling Free

I Don't give A

I F*cked Up

Beautiful Killer

is :wow:

I removed GMAYL from the track list in iTunes and now the album is perfect. I wouldn't say it is her best (not even Top 3 in my book), but I definitely love it.

I love most of it but its not exactly all killer no filler. I think W.O was right, it shouldve been worked on more. Dont get me wrong, its better than H.C and there are a few amazing tracks and I cant wait for the tour.

Guest Not4Pussies

im finally INTO the album.

but i still think there's something missing.

dont know if its the album not being cohesive enough or that tracklisting that bugs me

I haven't listened to it in a couple of weeks (as I was away), but I'm listening to it again now.

I'd remove other tracks before GMAYL (which I still enjoy). And "Superstar" is fine as the one super-sentimental song that she sometimes has on her albums. I like the retro sound of it.

My least favorites would be "B-Day Song" and "Best Friend."

I don't LOVE "Turn Up the Radio" like some others do.

To me, GGW is not one of the greatest tracks of her career- but it's fun. And I like the "Act of Contrition" revisit.

Enjoy the show, Suedey. :D

I think some of the stuff on it is BRILLIANT and easily stands next to her other great songs (Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, LoveSpent, Falling Free). The middle part sags though and especially the Solveig songs. They're so... limp. Especially if you add in some of the bonus tracks it's clear he just WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

im finally INTO the album.

but i still think there's something missing.

dont know if its the album not being cohesive enough or that tracklisting that bugs me

The tracklist order (the worst to date) and the singles choices with no hype kills some of the excitment.

I love Superstar, it's very euro/french cheese...& it actually works.

But overall, I find it a collection of songs/ideas/B-sides from recording sessions rather than an album.

I agree with this. Too much going on doesn't feel like a solid album, that's why I said I love each song individually, not like a complete album.

I've only just started to get into some songs the album (ie; Gang Bang) but a lot of instant favourites were created (Queen of my iTunes Love Spent, I'm Addicted). I think there's a lot more to do with the album.

That there wasn't enough time because one of the engineers was shit and Madonna was caught up in other endeavours.

GSM is right (so was William) They shouldve had more time, he basically put it that judging young girls for her clothing line ect didnt leave them enough studio time. Some great stuff wasnt recorded and have been passed to other people.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i had to take a break from it for a bit but ive been spinning it 24/7 again and i think im even more crazy about it

her best? nah

but amazing for what it is :thumbsup:

I listen to MDNA everyday in my car. If this is what she does in a rush time to record an album i wonder what she can do if she had an entire year to work on it. MDNA is a great album that deserved better attention (promo).

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

*high heels walking sound*

I still enjoy it a lot, but it's not perfect and far from her best album ever. 2 months is pretty much the life span of a lot of "dancey/pop" albums for me, they get old fast, so i can't say i'm playing the album EVERY DAY, but.....it's still on rotation and will definitly be a highlight of the year for me.

It's a good mix of amazing songs and filler, it evens out. It's not as atmospheric and epic sounding as CONFESSIONS, but it has more personality and creativity than HARD CANDY. I prefer it to MUSIC.

The album makes me want to touch my pussy [Gang Bang, Addicted, Some Girls], it also makes me want to not be sexual, but enjoy a party...maybe possibly showing some cleavage [i'm A Sinner, Love Spent, Beautiful Sinner], sadly, it also makes me feel like the most sexless person on Earth [Give Me A Bucket] and also like someone who wants to kill themselves for being so phucking shit in every way possible [b'Day Song], but it's all good, there's more than enough to LUSH over. x.

*tries to lift extra 10 kilos on barbell, pulls a muscle*

^ No amor for Phalling Phree?

Stop lying to yourself.

Oops! Looks like you found yourself in the wrong thread again. Go here:

http://archive.org

Enter Madonnapower or Madonnarama.com in the search bar. Look for "2003." See if you can find anything. Read the threads. Reminisce. Leave.

Oh, and yes, this is one of my favorite Madonna albums. Confident, sexy, and best of all, full of soul. People who'd rather listen to American Life - I really feel bad for them.

ALBUM RANK OF ICONICA

RAY OF LIGHT

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

MDNA

MADONNA

MUSIC

LIKE A PRAYER

HARD CANDY

BEDTIME STORIES

EROTICA

AMERICAN LIFE

LIKE A VIRGIN

TRUE BLUE

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

^ No amor for Phalling Phree?

Oh it's nice. Very starry night sky. Very sit by myself in the dark and think of my life-esque, very Mila Kunis, but it's not something i play a lot tbh.

American Life (lol)

Honestly how dare you. Stop lying to yourself. Look at the powerful chemistry that translates onstage when she performs from that record. Omigod. I am dying. Compelling. Raw. Interesting. Experimental. Rap. Caucasian. Mommy. Volvo. Fame won't make you happy. Stoic. Crows.

Honestly I don't even HATE IT but when someone tries to constantly shove something down your throat you end up disliking it even more. It's fine if neurotica_blu has some sort of AL fixation but all this YOURE WRONG IM RIGHT YOURE DELUDED shit needs to STOP.