Full GMAYL DEMO leak! discussion continued

Apples388

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Just heard this for the first time. Color me underwhelmed. Yes, it's catchy, but it seems so beneath her. It's a song that someone like Selena Gomez should be singing. bad.gif

Just heard this for the first time. Color me underwhelmed. Yes, it's catchy, but it seems so beneath her. It's a song that someone like Selena Gomez should be singing. bad.gif

it's a demo. My local radio DJ on VIRGIN Montreal said yesterday that he has heard that the new Madonna song is killer and is different from the demo that they played last week . So i have hope for this one.

i didn't like the song at all at first but i found myself singing it this morning while i was getting ready for work

who knows maybe it's a song we will grow to love

I think its all about Madonna's amazing unique voice. She has something different whem she sings that instantly grabs you no matter how utterly dire the lyrics or the production can be. :manson:

Guest bluejean

I admit I listen to it once daily. But this is the case with any new decent Madonna song. Hung Up I played on repeat 10 times a day and 4 Minutes probably 5 times a day. This track to me is still weaker than Celebration.

You see, I don't think it's really that catchy.. the hook is very basic and monotone, it's not layered and there aren't different bits to like. This is from the woman who used to give us the best middle 8s in pop, now all we get is "give me all your lovin, give me your lurve" repeated ad nauseam, plus a "don't play the stupid game" guitar strummy bit and an extra shit Britney breakdown to mask the fact they can't find a proper bridge hook.

All it does is make me want to sing "Over and Over" and "Run" (a much better Beautiful Stranger clone that really was good enough for release).

That said, I don't think it's horrible.. I give it a cautious 5 or 6 out of 10. But I could only play it on repeat for a few times before I needed some insulin.

Oh and that cheerleader chant is the most cringeworthy moment in a Madonna song EVER

Have i missed something or are people talking about a rough early demo like it is the final new lead single ?! Hasn't it been stated officially that this is just a rough early demo and that the real deal will be very different ?!

it's a demo but we haven't heard how different it will end up, some fans assume not much at all.

Have i missed something or are people talking about a rough early demo like it is the final new lead single ?! Hasn't it been stated officially that this is just a rough early demo and that the real deal will be very different ?!

Yes, but some don't buy it. They think since "Music" didn't sound much different from what was leaked back in 2000, the same is here. But of course, all is forgotten when we've gotten a butt load of demos since then from various albums which prove to be a far cry from the album versions.

Fans are going by history. And back in 2000, when Music leaked, Liz R made a statement on what leaked was a demo, and that the finished version sounded completely different. She obviously said to let the buzz die down till the single was actually released.

You see, I don't think it's really that catchy.. the hook is very basic and monotone, it's not layered and there aren't different bits to like. This is from the woman who used to give us the best middle 8s in pop, now all we get is "give me all your lovin, give me your lurve" repeated ad nauseam, plus a "don't play the stupid game" guitar strummy bit and an extra shit Britney breakdown to mask the fact they can't find a proper bridge hook.

All it does is make me want to sing "Over and Over" and "Run" (a much better Beautiful Stranger clone that really was good enough for release).

That said, I don't think it's horrible.. I give it a cautious 5 or 6 out of 10. But I could only play it on repeat for a few times before I needed some insulin.

Oh and that cheerleader chant is the most cringeworthy moment in a Madonna song EVER

:thumbsup::thumbsup: esp that part in bold LOL

I instantly liked the track when I first heard it, but come on Madge!! First single in 4 years to a very important album, I want something that goes HARD, something that I can lose my shit to when i'm rolling something that I can have hard hard sex to, something that would set the world on fire, example (Le Disko by Shiny Toy Guns) I would LOVE for Madonna to do something like that

I instantly liked the track when I first heard it, but come on Madge!! First single in 4 years to a very important album, I want something that goes HARD, something that I can lose my shit to when i'm rolling something that I can have hard hard sex to, something that would set the world on fire, example (Le Disko by Shiny Toy Guns) I would LOVE for Madonna to do something like that

:thumbsup: in every way imaginable

Actually, my favorite part is the breakdown. Especially the 'M-A-D, DON'T MAKE ME' bits, only because I can picture M screaming those lines into the mic. GMAYL live is gonna be CROWTASTIC! :clap:

PrinceJron, a dancer on the Sticky and Sweet Tour, tweeted the following:

"Just got done listening to Madonna new song wit Nicki Minaj..she should have sum footworkers dancing to it...just my opinion..."

PrinceJron, a dancer on the Sticky and Sweet Tour, tweeted the following:

"Just got done listening to Madonna new song wit Nicki Minaj..she should have sum footworkers dancing to it...just my opinion..."

Oh Vadge..sexy but old it is, I guess. :fag: