Madonna prepares for new album?

Guest dicktracy

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

she needs some air of inspiration.. guetta is a very bad idea. musicians used to send her their sounds, whats up with that? did she stopped receiving music from the unknow?

Well she's not exactly at her peak influentially. When unknown artists want to get their shit out there, Madonna isn't the golden ticket anymore. It's not a bad thing, she's just passed that stage of her career i think.

Hopefully she gets something fresh for the new album though. I want her to stand out again.

Unknown artists will always want to get her attention, whether she's popular at radio or not....she's still Madonna.

In any case Madonna is and has always been a COMMERCIAL artist. Some of you young ones need to get over the whole queen of the underground mythology. It's laughable and annoying. It's not even confirmed that she's even working with David Guetta, but so what if she is? If it's good it's good, and that's all that matters. Do I hope she works with someone more interesting? Yes....but then people would complain about that producer. Madonna fans live to complain. :wacko:

Wrong. Madonna is a fan of "Rock". In her first band she totally ripped of The Pretenders sound, a band she deeply admired at one point. Madonna has on several occasions mentioned her love for Led Zeppelin. She's especially fond of "Whole Lotta Love", which she reportedly blasted on the stereo while filming "Body of Evidence". Madonna is famous for loving David Bowie's earlier rock albums. It was one of her first concerts I believe. In 1999, she also told Rolling Stone that her favorite somg of the year was "Ava Adore" by the Smashing Pumpkins. Have you heard that song? It's Rock. And don't get me started on how she re-invents her songs into rock & roll anthems during her shows.

Madonna may just be a "casual" rock fan but she IS a fan of it.

Who ISN'T a fan of Whole Lotta Love? He's singing about pushing his BIG DICK into a person... yummay!

Unknown artists will always want to get her attention, whether she's popular at radio or not....she's still Madonna.

In any case Madonna is and has always been a COMMERCIAL artist. Some of you young ones need to get over the whole queen of the underground mythology. It's laughable and annoying. It's not even confirmed that she's even working with David Guetta, but so what if she is? If it's good it's good, and that's all that matters. Do I hope she works with someone more interesting? Yes....but then people would complain about that producer. Madonna fans live to complain. :wacko:

Offcourse Madonna has always been a commercial act, I don't think anyone ever questions this.

But she was still a frontrunner. She never was "underground", but she did indeed take sounds that weren't exposed to the general public as much and made it commercial... and I think this is what people refers to when/if they ever call her "underground".

Even at the times when she didn't necessarily release something that was "so fresh" (compared to the rest), it was atleast something that was still "in time" so to say...

The problem now is that it seems she's lacking interest... she doesn't seem to bother if what she's releasing is even dated sounding... and that is not the Madonna I fell in love with...

Offcourse Madonna has always been a commercial act, I don't think anyone ever questions this.

But she was still a frontrunner. She never was "underground", but she did indeed take sounds that weren't exposed to the general public as much and made it commercial... and I think this is what people refers to when/if they ever call her "underground".

Even at the times when she didn't necessarily release something that was "so fresh" (compared to the rest), it was atleast something that was still "in time" so to say...

The problem now is that it seems she's lacking interest... she doesn't seem to bother if what she's releasing is even dated sounding... and that is not the Madonna I fell in love with...

Madonna is 51 years old. She is no longer at the forefront of pop music, and hasn't been for quite a while now. I don't know what people expect of her, when she can't even get her songs played consistently on the radio. You can't be a successful pop star in the United States, and not have strong radio support. The masses of ADD teens are not interested in a 51 year old woman, no matter how awesome she is. They aren't looking at her to bring them fresh new pop sounds, or elements from the so called "underground". Madonna has nothing left to prove, and perhaps that reads to some as lack of interest, but I really don't agree with that. I think Hard Candy is great (particularly the work with Pharrell), but others think it was lazy and uninspired (a word that really is over used on this forum).

Opinions are opinions, and we all have one. I have never hated any Madonna record. Some I definitely love more than others, but none I can't listen too and enjoy.....because at the end of the day, it's all about HER. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next, no matter who she decides to work with. I just want good music.

she is doing what she wants. she wants to work with who she likes.

i see nothing wrong with it.

i have not been disappointed yet, and i dont think i will.

Madonna is 51 years old. She is no longer at the forefront of pop music, and hasn't been for quite a while now. I don't know what people expect of her, when she can't even get her songs played consistently on the radio. You can't be a successful pop star in the United States, and not have strong radio support. The masses of ADD teens are not interested in a 51 year old woman, no matter how awesome she is. They aren't looking at her to bring them fresh new pop sounds, or elements from the so called "underground". Madonna has nothing left to prove, and perhaps that reads to some as lack of interest, but i really don't agree with that. I think Hard Candy is great (particularly the work with Pharrell), but others think it was lazy and uninspired (a word that really is over used on this forum).

Opinions are opinions, and we all have one. I have never hated any Madonna record. Some I definitely love more than others, but none I can't listen too and enjoy.....because at the end of the day, it's all about HER. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next, no matter who she decides to work with. I just want good music.

Here I disagree. First of all I don't see why age is a problem in trying to create something new and fresh. I mean she's not senile or anything!? Either you have the interest or you don't.

Actually, I think working with "the hot producer of yesterday" is EXACTLY the things you just mentioned, a desperate move to try to become hip with the teens and pro-youth American radios... and we both agree that it doesn't work for Madonna anymore so why even bother? And also Madonna's biggest market is not the US anyway and hasn't been for a long time now... she tried it with HC, it didn't work, and the Europeans seems more interested in quality music from Madonna than some teen-oriented desperation... so she should focus on that...

And just because of her status, and the fact that she doesn't have "anything left to prove", she has much more freedom than many other artists to try new things and experiment some more. Hiring this "trendy at the moment" producers is actually a sign that she feels she has indeed something to prove, not in terms of being in the forefront, but to prove herself to the teens and especially the US teens. She should just drop that and do interesting music again...

Here I disagree. First of all I don't see why age is a problem in trying to create something new and fresh. I mean she's not senile or anything!? Either you have the interest or you don't.

Actually, I think working with "the hot producer of yesterday" is EXACTLY the things you just mentioned, a desperate move to try to become hip with the teens and pro-youth American radios... and we both agree that it doesn't work for Madonna anymore so why even bother? And also Madonna's biggest market is not the US anyway and hasn't been for a long time now... she tried it with HC, it didn't work, and the Europeans seems more interested in quality music from Madonna than some teen-oriented desperation... so she should focus on that...

And just because of her status, and the fact that she doesn't have "anything left to prove", she has much more freedom than many other artists to try new things and experiment some more. Hiring this "trendy at the moment" producers is actually a sign that she feels she has indeed something to prove, not in terms of being in the forefront, but to prove herself to the teens and especially the US teens. She should just drop that and do interesting music again...

I never said age had anything to do with her creating something fresh and new....and what exactly is fresh and new anyway? Musical innovation is not what made her a legend. The kids who jumped on board with ROL seem to think of her as Bjork with a budget. She's not....never was....and never will be.

Europe clearly is her biggest market financially, but is it her most important? I don't think so. If she wanted, she could have stayed in the UK, and enjoyed a Kylie Minogue level of fame, while performing on endless variety shows, and battling for the #1 single position against the Sugababes, and Bob the builder soundtracks.

She's a global superstar, but very much an american icon. She will never give up on this market, because it's the biggest in the world, and this is her home. She'll probably cry tears of joy if she gets another #1 single here. She admitted to crying when COADF reached #1.

Madonna will probably always try to appeal to the masses, but it doesn't mean she can't make interesting music as well.

I never said age had anything to do with her creating something fresh and new....and what exactly is fresh and new anyway? Musical innovation is not what made her a legend. The kids who jumped on board with ROL seem to think of her as Bjork with a budget. She's not....never was....and never will be.

Europe clearly is her biggest market financially, but is it her most important? I don't think so. If she wanted, she could have stayed in the UK, and enjoyed a Kylie Minogue level of fame, while performing on endless variety shows, and battling for the #1 single position against the Sugababes, and Bob the builder soundtracks.

She's a global superstar, but very much an american icon. She will never give up on this market, because it's the biggest in the world, and this is her home. She'll probably cry tears of joy if she gets another #1 single here. She admitted to crying when COADF reached #1.

Madonna will probably always try to appeal to the masses, but it doesn't mean she can't make interesting music as well.

THANK YOU! When the hell did this start?? lol. It's so tired. She and Paul McCartney are probably the "biggest" living "pop" artists and some fans want to act like Madonna is underground...lol. Madonna's biggest hits and MOST INFLUENTIAL (from a pop culture standpoint) are some of the simplest she's ever done. Holiday, LAV, MG, ITG, Vogue, Music, HU all are not her most brilliant lyrically but with all the elements together, they are some of the most highly regarded pop songs of the past 30 years or so. Secret Garden,Bedtime Story, Mer Girl, Paradise and Intervention etc. did not make Madonna "MADONNA". She's able to go more "left field" like that at times more than most pop artists BECAUSE of the massive success she's had. She can afford risks here and there but she's still a "pop artist"....always has and always be. Also let's not forget many of her "signature" songs (and some of the highest regarded) were with "hot" producers of the time. Whether she works with Guetta or "John Doe" that we don't know about yet for the next album, I don't see why it can't be both commercial and artistically satisfying for fans of her "deeper" work.

Like them or hate them, HC...COADF....AL....Music....ROL....BS etc all sound completely different than one another. I'm sure this will be no exception. Maybe it's the younger fans who aren't familiar with the process as well as someone who has been following M for 20 years, but just chill the fuck out people. It will be fine...lol. You may hate the next record then the one after that will be the favorite album you've ever listened to by any artist. That's part of the fun of being a M fan....it can be a rollercoaster ride. :)

I didn't jump on board with ROL, I was a fan prior this. You must have not read my post though because I didn't say that she was ine forefront all the time, but atleast she wasn't dated. I never pointed her out as some sort of Björk or whatever... read my comment before you answer it please.

Oh, I expected an ignorant answer from you on this one and I got one. You seem to think UK is whole Europe or what? Because looking at your answer, that is exactly what you seem to think. Kylie is not big in most Europe anymore, nor is Sugababes and Bob the fucking Builder?? That's some local UK fun-act... why do you take these UK local acts and think that they are ruling the charts of all Europe? Both Kylie and Sugababes had their eras, when they were big in most of Europe, but that was pretty long ago now.

I never said she should give up on the US market, but she would be dumb to turn her back on her biggest market. Why do you think most of the shows for S&S were in Europe? If you think she doesn't care about these stuff then think again.

I never questioned her commercial appeal, but you seem to mix things up. Read my post again, I never called her underground or whatever.

To me, Madonna was never underground or avant garde, but she wasn't a totally mainstream pop diva either. She occupied that middle ground between the two. That is my favorite kind of music. I don't like really inaccessible unmelodic things, but I don't like boring manufactured assembly line songs either.

But I guess the problem for her is that the music business has changed so much there's not room for someone who's sort of in between, to have success anymore like there was in the 80's and the 90's. You sort of have to choose to survive now it seems. I guess she has chosen to be mainstream.

But I wish she could find that happy medium again.

To me, Madonna was never underground or avant garde, but she wasn't a totally mainstream pop diva either. She occupied that middle ground between the two. That is my favorite kind of music. I don't like really inaccessible unmelodic things, but I don't like boring manufactured assembly line songs either.

But I guess the problem for her is that the music business has changed so much there's not room for someone who's sort of in between, to have success anymore like there was in the 80's and the 90's. You sort of have to choose to survive now it seems. I guess she has chosen to be mainstream.

well said!

this is exactly my point of view...

Guest Danny86

maybe it will begin as a collaboration with Guetta and end up with a completely different collaborator like her previous albums :thumbsup:

But in all those cases it was always starting as a collaboration with the producer of the *previous* album and then she bumped into someone else along the way. I believe she never really abandoned someone "new", it's just that in several cases they never managed to start, like Robert Miles in 1997 or Calderone in 1999 or Air in 2002. I'm sure at least a few Guetta tracks will make the album, unless Live Nation allows her to completely take 2010 out. Otherwise she doesn't really have much time to "try" out stuff with many different people. Most likely he was asked to submit tracks to her and Madonna liked several of those.

I didn't jump on board with ROL, I was a fan prior this. You must have not read my post though because I didn't say that she was ine forefront all the time, but atleast she wasn't dated. I never pointed her out as some sort of Björk or whatever... read my comment before you answer it please.

Oh, I expected an ignorant answer from you on this one and I got one. You seem to think UK is whole Europe or what? Because looking at your answer, that is exactly what you seem to think. Kylie is not big in most Europe anymore, nor is Sugababes and Bob the fucking Builder?? That's some local UK fun-act... why do you take these UK local acts and think that they are ruling the charts of all Europe? Both Kylie and Sugababes had their eras, when they were big in most of Europe, but that was pretty long ago now.

I never said she should give up on the US market, but she would be dumb to turn her back on her biggest market. Why do you think most of the shows for S&S were in Europe? If you think she doesn't care about these stuff then think again.

I never questioned her commercial appeal, but you seem to mix things up. Read my post again, I never called her underground or whatever.

You were a fan prior to ROL? Really? You must have been like 5 then. :chuckle:

Where did I say the UK was the whole of Europe? Don't be thick. I used the UK as an example because that's where she lived for 8 years. :doh: The rest was pure sarcasm......which I'm sure most people got pretty clearly.

And I never said she should give up on the European market, but again most thinking people got that from just reading what I wrote. I'm well aware that most of her S&S dates were in Europe.....I'm also aware that her over saturation of that market was really about making the maximum profit in stadiums. She succeeded. :thumbsup:

You always seem to look for friction where it doesn't exist. I never specifically called you out as someone who considered her underground. I was speaking in broad terms to those who clearly do.

I don't care about who produces..I'm waiting 4 something that's musically organic, something that doesn't have 'a sound'

as the main focus. Mature is the keyword here. It's long overdue. A proper band & a good songwriting partner please.

& trust me that shit would shift millions.

& trust me part 2. People so don't wanna dance right now. They're waiting 4 THE MADONNA BALLAD.

Up yer vadge Anna.

You were a fan prior to ROL? Really? You must have been like 5 then. :chuckle:

Where did I say the UK was the whole of Europe? Don't be thick. I used the UK as an example because that's where she lived for 8 years. :doh: The rest was pure sarcasm......which I'm sure most people got pretty clearly.

And I never said she should give up on the European market, but again most thinking people got that from just reading what I wrote. I'm well aware that most of her S&S dates were in Europe.....I'm also aware that her over saturation of that market was really about making the maximum profit in stadiums. She succeeded. :thumbsup:

You always seem to look for friction where it doesn't exist. I never specifically called you out as someone who considered her underground. I was speaking in broad terms to those who clearly do.

Well, I was talking about Europe as a whole and you tried to make it look less important by using just one market as an example... this is what I reacted on.

Madonna needs Europe and we all know it. Europe has been Madonna's most important and supportive market for more than a decade now. She tried to gain back some of the lost ground in the US with Hard Candy, but it just didn't work out and with Guetta I just feel another desperate attempt. She doesn't need to cater to the people under 18. Offcourse it's cool if more people like her, but in the end of the day these will never be her main fans, and the general public expect quality music by Madonna and not just some teeny tweeny fluffy has-been stuff.

Actually I was like 5 or something when I started to listen to Madonna, so that's correct :chuckle: , but yes it was prior the ROL era and my first Madonna CD was Like a Prayer... but I got it years after its actual release date though...

I don't care about who produces..I'm waiting 4 something that's musically organic, something that doesn't have 'a sound'

as the main focus. Mature is the keyword here. It's long overdue. A proper band & a good songwriting partner please.

& trust me that shit would shift millions.

& trust me part 2. People so don't wanna dance right now. They're waiting 4 THE MADONNA BALLAD.

Up yer vadge Anna.

I agree...

I want maturity back. Nuff with the fluff... she's been trying to be the dancing/party queen for sometime now... it's starting getting boring... she's not Cher for c sake!!!

But if you wish for her to seek maturity... then you would actually have to care for who produces... with Guetta it'll be just a continuation with the useless fluff and it'll most probably even be sounding dated when released...

Well, I was talking about Europe as a whole and you tried to make it look less important by using just one market as an example... this is what I reacted on.

Madonna needs Europe and we all know it. Europe has been Madonna's most important and supportive market for more than a decade now. She tried to gain back some of the lost ground in the US with Hard Candy, but it just didn't work out and with Guetta I just feel another desperate attempt. She doesn't need to cater to the people under 18. Offcourse it's cool if more people like her, but in the end of the day these will never be her main fans, and the general public expect quality music by Madonna and not just some teeny tweeny fluffy has-been stuff.

Actually I was like 5 or something when I started to listen to Madonna, so that's correct :chuckle: , but yes it was prior the ROL era and my first Madonna CD was Like a Prayer... but I got it years after its actual release date though...

So it's all good....and we both just want a really good album. :thumbsup:

So it's all good....and we both just want a really good album. :thumbsup:

I guess we all do... but it seems there's a fan division of what's a good Madonna album though and what direction she should take.

I guess i'm just one of those who has higher expectations on Madonna than most artists, because of her record and what I know she's capable of.

With Madonna I either expect something that feels fresh/interesting (and I don't mean underground, but in comparison to the general commercial sounds at the moment) or something that is just instant classic...

Guest dicktracy

You have a valid point but to think that Madonna was not totally mainstream pop up until I'm Breathless is kind of a stretch. I guess if one equals mainstream pop as totally void of any "freshness" or "edge" (manufactured assembly line music) than you may have a stronger case because she was totally mainstream and YET fresh and edgy.

I believe that one of Madonna's greatest abilities that helped her shape up her career was that of being a great re-creator, re-inventor. She considers herself a sponge. She obviously has always been into all sorts of artistic expressions and has relied heavily on these inspirations. The thing that made Madonna unique over time was not that she had a trademark look, sound or way of life but the fact that she could impersonate any look, sound or way of life and make it mainstream. Being Madonna meant that she could be anyone. I find it interesting that Mark Romanek mentioned that up until the middle of the Erotica era, he thought that Madonna got a lot of her inspiration from the past (Marilyn, Disco, Motown, Gospel, Dietrich, "White Heat", Dita Parlo, Lempicka, "Metropolis", Garbo, etc...) and when he directed Rain he wanted her to be futuristic.

Madonna was always about conquering the world, being mainstream, appealing to the masses. But I think that Vogue had a lot to do with her image of an underground-inclined artist because she pilfered a circuit dance and made it a massive world hit. Yes, she did include gospel elements in LAP (but gospel was not underground) and her first album had many components borrowed from NY's underground club scene. But although she did allude to some touchy subjects in her earlier music, it wasn't until Hanky Panky that she explicitly incorporated an underground lifestyle in her lyrics (though musically it was as retro as it could be). Vogue on the other hand was house music, something still fresh at the time and more rigid than pop music. Then there was Justify My Love, then Erotica... all songs that were hardly mainstream but became hits. Musically, it seems that after I'm Breathless she was determined to repeat the feat of finding something thought of being new and/or underground and turning it into a mainstream commercial success. She managed to repeat that formula a few times.

Anyway, after AL became her first REAL flop it seems that she changed her game and went back to her early to mid 80's disposition: catchy songs, dance driven, and with the producer du jour. The fact that radio (at least in America) is based on surveys (and if a random small amount of people of a certain demographics doesn't like your song you're screwed as an artist when it comes to airplay) created an environment where there is no time for a song to catch on anymore, they are dead on arrival if they are panned but these unknowns. So I think she realized after AL and COADF that she needs to adapt in order to be played in America. And Guetta as a producer is no worse than Pettibone. In fact Shep's sound by 1992 was at least 5 years old (he remixed You Can Dance for those who didn't know). Guetta on the other hand is new to America's mainstream; he may be well known already in clubs or in the gay community but he's in the Top 10 now for the first time.

The problem now is that we've grown accustomed to the idea that Madonna is groundbreaking since a few times in her career she deserved that accolade. But she also acted in a few movies and no one calls her Madonna The Actress.

So until I hear something by her and Guetta, I will not throw any stones.

You have a valid point but to think that Madonna was not totally mainstream pop up until I'm Breathless is kind of a stretch. I guess if one equals mainstream pop as totally void of any "freshness" or "edge" (manufactured assembly line music) than you may have a stronger case because she was totally mainstream and YET fresh and edgy.

I believe that one of Madonna's greatest abilities that helped her shape up her career was that of being a great re-creator, re-inventor. She considers herself a sponge. She obviously has always been into all sorts of artistic expressions and has relied heavily on these inspirations. The thing that made Madonna unique over time was not that she had a trademark look, sound or way of life but the fact that she could impersonate any look, sound or way of life and make it mainstream. Being Madonna meant that she could be anyone. I find it interesting that Mark Romanek mentioned that up until the middle of the Erotica era, he thought that Madonna got a lot of her inspiration from the past (Marilyn, Disco, Motown, Gospel, Dietrich, "White Heat", Dita Parlo, Lempicka, "Metropolis", Garbo, etc...) and when he directed Rain he wanted her to be futuristic.

Madonna was always about conquering the world, being mainstream, appealing to the masses. But I think that Vogue had a lot to do with her image of an underground-inclined artist because she pilfered a circuit dance and made it a massive world hit. Yes, she did include gospel elements in LAP (but gospel was not underground) and her first album had many components borrowed from NY's underground club scene. But although she did allude to some touchy subjects in her earlier music, it wasn't until Hanky Panky that she explicitly incorporated an underground lifestyle in her lyrics (though musically it was as retro as it could be). Vogue on the other hand was house music, something still fresh at the time and more rigid than pop music. Then there was Justify My Love, then Erotica... all songs that were hardly mainstream but became hits. Musically, it seems that after I'm Breathless she was determined to repeat the feat of finding something thought of being new and/or underground and turning it into a mainstream commercial success. She managed to repeat that formula a few times.

Anyway, after AL became her first REAL flop it seems that she changed her game and went back to her early to mid 80's disposition: catchy songs, dance driven, and with the producer du jour. The fact that radio (at least in America) is based on surveys (and if a random small amount of people of a certain demographics doesn't like your song you're screwed as an artist when it comes to airplay) created an environment where there is no time for a song to catch on anymore, they are dead on arrival if they are panned but these unknowns. So I think she realized after AL and COADF that she needs to adapt in order to be played in America. And Guetta as a producer is no worse than Pettibone. In fact Shep's sound by 1992 was at least 5 years old (he remixed You Can Dance for those who didn't know). Guetta on the other hand is new to America's mainstream; he may be well known already in clubs or in the gay community but he's in the Top 10 now for the first time.

The problem now is that we've grown accustomed to the idea that Madonna is groundbreaking since a few times in her career she deserved that accolade. But she also acted in a few movies and no one calls her Madonna The Actress.

So until I hear something by her and Guetta, I will not throw any stones.

:clap:

Great post!

Guest Danny86

as the main focus.

Considering Madonna has been jumping from sound to sound since 1989 (when her musically organic singles were remixed into house/club stuff), I doubt she could pull that off. It's pure speculation but I think at this point she has a hard time writing music without actually hearing the sound first.

And no, it wouldn't sell "millions", unless she does a covers album for Susan Boyle's audience. And the "Madonna ballad" arrived in the form of "Miles Away" and not many cared outside of Japan. "People" as in those who buy music are mostly into dance now.

Considering Madonna has been jumping from sound to sound since 1989 (when her musically organic singles were remixed into house/club stuff), I doubt she could pull that off. It's pure speculation but I think at this point she has a hard time writing music without actually hearing the sound first.

And no, it wouldn't sell "millions", unless she does a covers album for Susan Boyle's audience. And the "Madonna ballad" arrived in the form of "Miles Away" and not many cared outside of Japan. "People" as in those who buy music are mostly into dance now.

Miles Away is shit though...

And Madonna should drop the fluff finally

listen to Siobhan Donaghys's "Ghost" album from 2007... that's the ROL of the 00's and it's something like that Madonna should be doing instead of some useless fluff that's old after a month... or in the worst scenario feels old already when it's released...

What "dance" music do you mean? And don't come with that "Lady GaGa is dance"... because it's not considered that outside the US... and those "people" you refer to are teens who just download songs but never buys a full album...

No one is saying Madonna should do some Susan Boyle shit though.. I think u misunderstand... are ballads or quality-mature music only granny musicals for you?

Guest SuperPop

Miles Away is shit though...

And Madonna should drop the fluff finally

listen to Siobhan Donaghys's "Ghost" album from 2007... that's the ROL of the 00's and it's something like that Madonna should be doing instead of some useless fluff that's old after a month...

What "dance" music? And don't come with that "Lady GaGa is dance"... because it's not considered that outside the US... and those "people" you refer to are teens who just download songs but never buys a full album...

No one is saying Madonna should do some Susan Boyle shit though.. I think u misunderstand... is ballads or mature music only granny musicals for you?

still most ballads flop nowadays..the most recent example is Rihanna (and RR is a truly great song)..its common sense that dance music is the most popular genre..see BEP, Guetta and Gaga (she is not pure dance..but she could definitely be considered pop/dance)..and their albums did very well considering the general climate in the music industry..