I've heard a lot of Madonna fans say they're over her

Guest Madlover033003

Guest ursaminorjim
Oh yes lets all going and enjoy the wonderful album that is Hard Candy, NOT!!!!!

Wait - did you just do a "NOT!" joke? :blink:

Uhh...party on, Garth. :lol:

But yeah, I think Hard Candy is easily her best album this century.

Why should we not expect great work from Madonna now she's 50? It's not even retirement age! At 50 if anything she should have more of life's experience to draw upon and inspire her.

Well, it's not her age. It's the amount of time she's been in this business. Look at anyone else who's been making music this long. Most have fallen off the wagon or are completely uninteresting. I don't think it's a thing of not expecting something great from her, but she's probably not going to bring her A game every time unless it involves a tour.

I disagree M is not interesting anymore, lazy sometimes but still very into it, at least as of late. Example

A lazy uninterested M would have just extended the same old tour and not change a thing, she dosent have to people would still go see her but no

She's adding 3 to 4 new songs and changing some costumes, if she did't give a shit anymore I don't think she would go to this trouble. In fact she's never done this before so she is breaking new ground as far as her track record is concerned.

oh, and to answer your question, im not over madonna, in the LEAST bit. i was there for the beginning and i plan on sticking around until she doesnt give anymore. and ill still have the love.

:thumbsup:Pud you can relate to this, this has been going on with her historically from the beginning. I remember people saying they were over her after her first album came out---the public/fans are so fickle and that's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion - but - if you are of the mind-set that we have where we are fans of her and her music no matter what shape it takes a lot of people can't or won't understand why..? Too bad, it is what it is---do Springsteen fans go through this, Billy Joel fans, Elton John's or Frank Sinatras----it's not a bandwagon that I'd like to jump on any time soon, I'm a fan-for-life and NOT just of Madonna but most of the music that I truly enjoy and feel passionate about!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
:thumbsup:Pud you can relate to this, this has been going on with her historically from the beginning. I remember people saying they were over her after her first album came out---the public/fans are so fickle and that's fine everyone is entitled to their opinion - but - if you are of the mind-set that we have where we are fans of her and her music no matter what shape it takes a lot of people can't or won't understand why..? Too bad, it is what it is---do Springsteen fans go through this, Billy Joel fans, Elton John's or Frank Sinatras----it's not a bandwagon that I'd like to jump on any time soon, I'm a fan-for-life and NOT just of Madonna but most of the music that I truly enjoy and feel passionate about!!!!

:inlove:

of course. i dont expect the borderline madonna. i dont expect the true blue madonna. i dont expect the like a prayer madonna, i dont expect the justify my love madonna. i dont expect the ray of light madonna. lived through (AND LOVED) it already. its nice when we get those glimpses but all i expect is what madonna is into today.

it will be so cool when shes an old lady being interviewed like bette davis and being as sharp as tack. :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

other artists go through it, i read this great interview with francis ford coppola and it reminded me of this very subject:

http://www.laweekly.com/2009-06-04/film-tv...e-conversation/

Madonna had her time, and its time for her to let go and let other, more beautiful and talented women take the spotlight. :tongue:

she's not standing in anyone's way - if they can bring it and hold onto it, then they can take the prize. i have noticed that gay fans are not to much into her - there is no excitement, she's done everything already, the biggest thrill lately is when she shows up somewhere looking hot, that is what is unexpected.

Guest Madlover033003
I disagree M is not interesting anymore, lazy sometimes but still very into it, at least as of late. Example

A lazy uninterested M would have just extended the same old tour and not change a thing, she dosent have to people would still go see her but no

She's adding 3 to 4 new songs and changing some costumes, if she did't give a shit anymore I don't think she would go to this trouble. In fact she's never done this before so she is breaking new ground as far as her track record is concerned.

i think shes just after the money really. she lost 90 million to Guy, gotta get it back somehow! :lol:

Where do you stand? Is her latest behavior too forced and contrived? Is her music a little thoughtless and generic?

Personally, her work (besides her tours) seems half assed to me. Her songs are completely produced and written as demos and shes just recording them, there is no promo, barely any videos are filmed and those that are are just blah and forgettable.

What do you think?

I'm inclined to agree with you. I've been a fan since the early 80's. She hasn't done anything particularly interesting since 2005 and instead she has become quite superficial with the half-assed Hard Candy album, all the surgery and being too focused on the financial profiteering/exploitation of her fans (particularly through touring). She doesn't seem to have anything interesting or relevant to say in this day and age and there are many other more interesting artists out there at the moment producing music that is CURRENT. She needs time out to work on her vocals and to nurture some creativity and inspiration to bring to her work. Her creative juices have dried up and it seems she is living off of past glories hence her recent behaviour seems contrived. Maybe she'll come back with some quality work, who knows...

:inlove:

of course. i dont expect the borderline madonna. i dont expect the true blue madonna. i dont expect the like a prayer madonna, i dont expect the justify my love madonna. i dont expect the ray of light madonna. lived through (AND LOVED) it already. its nice when we get those glimpses but all i expect is what madonna is into today.

it will be so cool when shes an old lady being interviewed like bette davis and being as sharp as tack. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::inlove: luv pud!!

UUUURGGGGHHH FAG Just LEAVE already.

please MAKE sure the door smacks you hard in the head on your way out, suga!

i think shes just after the money really. she lost 90 million to Guy, gotta get it back somehow! :lol:

Exactly my point! Then she could just extend the same old tour with no effort at all but no

She's adding new songs, clothes and even doing a bit of a new song(rumored)! As well as taking flamenco lessons. :thumbsup:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
what is this thread doing in an M fans board?

doesn't make any sense

Where else would it go? it IS about M :lol:

Anyone over her Was a Flip-FLOP Fan to begin with.

She does one album you don't like and you dump her?

IM SURE MADONNA IS HEARTBROKEN! :nocomment:

20qdli1.jpg

of course they'll dump her. they're now hanging out with that tramp with cheap clothes and bad songs to sing! :thumbsup:

Personally, I think that she's got a lot to draw from that will enrich her work. Nobody knew she was capable of something like "Ray of Light" during the "Evita" period, so why do we continue to underestimate her ?

if people underestimate her she keeps giving them little surprises! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
of course they'll dump her. they're now hanging out with that tramp with cheap clothes and bad songs to sing! :thumbsup:

:demonic: