New Madonna Song?

TOUR2008

Heartbeat was a piece of embarassing garbage though, with Madonna squawking all over the place. It sounded better with Pharrell singing it for god's sake. This song sounds like a song that would sound better with Madonna singing it, and that's a good sign.

Well, the Heartbeat demo sounds the same as the final version.

Well, I would say it sounds very, very similar to the final version. But there WERE changes. She changed lyrics in places ("catch me/her under the light" became "catch me on the floor" and so on), and there were slight modifications to production. (Like, listen to the "see my booty get down like" break... There was a totally different vibe to that. Notwithstanding the rather robust female vocals which were replaced by M's less in-your-face, more coy delivery, there was also additional background voices going "UH!" etc.)

I know they're small details -- and you're right, the song really still had the same vibe. But I still think we can expect Madonna to add her own touches and not re-record someone else's demo on autopilot with no variation.

Heartbeat was a piece of embarassing garbage though, with Madonna squawking all over the place. It sounded better with Pharrell singing it for god's sake. This song sounds like a song that would sound better with Madonna singing it, and that's a good sign.

im with you 12:51..........i thought HEARTBEAT was garbage & i also thought INCREDIBLE was trash. serioulsy.

this new track is HOT & CATCHY.

i hope it materializes. :thumbsup:

Well, I would say it sounds very, very similar to the final version. But there WERE changes. She changed lyrics in places ("catch me/her under the light" became "catch me on the floor" and so on), and there were slight modifications to production. (Like, listen to the "see my booty get down like" break... There was a totally different vibe to that. Notwithstanding the rather robust female vocals which were replaced by M's less in-your-face, more coy delivery, there was also additional background voices going "UH!" etc.)

I know they're small details -- and you're right, the song really still had the same vibe. But I still think we can expect Madonna to add her own touches and not re-record someone else's demo on autopilot with no variation.

Yes but I was actually talking about production.I still think the Revolver demo sounds dated.

^ Cosmic, you may be right. I'd have to re-listen to it to make any more comments about it. I was just going off of my memory, which was from almost a year ago or so, when it leaked (not long after the album came out, if I recall correctly). I didn't know you were just talking about production -- thought you might be referring to lyrics, as well.

Speaking of lyrics, here's a stupid realization I just made:

Are the lyrics "My body's fully loaded and I got more and more" (as someone posted earlier -- pronounced more like "... mo' and mo' ") OR

is it "My body's fully loaded and I got more AMMO" ? I guess either one works...

I still really like the "bang bang" -- and also the "click click" is fun, too. (As much as I loved the "tick tock"s, I think she needs to find another fun sound to play with for a while! haha!)

REVOLVER LYRICS

My love’s a revolver

My love’s a revolver

Oops, I guess I shot ya

Finger’s on the trigger

I had a bullet with your name on it

Click-Click

I’m a sex pistol

My love should be illegal

Real deal, baby

I’m no counterfeit

Click-Click

Wind them up

Knock ‘em down

My lips can kill

E-o-e-o

My body’s fully loaded

And I’ve got more and more

Wind them up

Knock ‘em down

My lips can kill

E-o-e-o

You’re an accessory to murder, ‘coz

My love’s a revolver

My sex is a killer

Do you wanna die happy?

Do you wanna die happy?

I let it bang bang

You’ve been hit by a smooth criminal

A bad girl I’ve got you crying to your mama

Saying I cant believe it

I’ve seen your type Bring a knife into a gun fight

Caught up in love right

Think I’m in love right

Wind them up

Knock ‘em down

My lips can kill

E-o-e-o

My body’s fully loaded

Wind them up

Knock ‘em down

My lips can kill

E-o-e-o

My love’s a revolver

My sex is a killer

Do you wanna die happy?

Do you wanna die happy?

I let it bang bang

I’m only here to taste so now you’re here

Gone blow away

Once I got you on my gun

Know how to aim

One round of my love gun

Tell you a vest won’t help ya

Wind them up

Knock ‘em down

My lips can kill

E-o-e-o

My body’s fully loaded

Wind them up

Knock ‘em down

My lips can kill

E-o-e-o

My love’s a revolver

My sex is a killer

Do you wanna die happy?

Do you wanna die happy?

I let it bang bang

I shoot em bang bang

I shoot em bang bang

Mirror mirror on the wall

Who’s the baddest of them all

I shoot em bang bang

I shoot em bang bang

I shoot them up and watch them fall

My love’s a revolver

My sex is a killer

Do you wanna die happy?

Do you wanna die happy?

I let it bang bang

Yeah, thanks, Moe. I really thought it was, "Line 'em up / knock 'em down..." And after listening again, I still think it's "and I got more ammo." (as in "ammunition" abbreviated). And also, I think it's "my LOOKS can kill" rather than "my LIPS" -- but I could be wrong.

At this point, unless we see an "official" lyrics sheet or something, it's all in how one hears it. (We still don't even have officially verified lyrics for HARD CANDY a year later. The lyrics for COADF were eventually available in PDF form through ICON. I don't think she's put the lyrics to songs in the pamphlet since RAY OF LIGHT. I still have no idea what a couple of the lyrics to "4 Minutes" are -- the part after "don't be a prima donna" -- "you gotta get 'em a -- ha" ?! or "gotta get 'em up -- huh" ?! Whatever... I guess it's more about the rhythm/sound of the words than the meaning for her in that song anyway.)

Well I just found them online don't know if they are 100% accurate.

Well, but that's better than nothing -- thanks for sharing them! And -- as has been said a million times now -- the lyrics might change from demo to finished track. So it might be a moot point, anyway.

Thanks again.

Guest thehiltonsuite

It's the best song on the album in my opinion.

Guest thehiltonsuite

I couldn't be happier with this song! I LOVE it! Her version needs to come out NOW! When is it going to be released??

it's a catchy song, i think it will do better than 4 minutes outside USA. as for resemblance to britney's radar. only the beginning reminds me of radar. actually radar is not as catchy as revolver. britney shouldve released amnesia or phonography as a single not radar.

Guest Danny86
it's a catchy song, i think it will do better than 4 minutes outside USA.

I know people tend to think "4M" was only big in the US, but in fact it was one of her very few German #1s, spent 4 weeks at #1 in the UK and sold above 400,000 and it basically topped all the iTunes charts and singles charts except in France, where it got stuck at #2 for weeks, it also went to #1 in Ireland while "Hung Up" didn't. Doing better than that is a "Hung Up" level with topping all EU airplay charts for months, can't really see that happening unless there's that much of a promo lined up.

Listening to the demo again. It just sounds like just another R&B pop tart's song trying to be Rhianna. I wonder if Madonna will 'black up' for the video? It's about the only look she hasn't tried yet. Whining and grining in a pair of batty riders.

I really like that song. She could do a scandalous video for it with Jesus ( think JML with Tony).

If the GH is out in September the June 30th is a bit to soon for the first single. I would prefer a fall release for both. Single in September, GH in October, S&S DVD in November, second single in December.

If she's planning to perform the song during her summer tour, then June 30th makes sense - perhaps she'll release two singles from the GH....one in June and the other in October to coincide with the album release? That would make good marketing sense. Revolver would already be a smash (hopefully) by the time the album is out and the second single (one of her collaborations with Paul Oakenfold) would be even more promotion for the album. I guess it all depends on when the album is going to be released.

I really like that song. She could do a scandalous video for it with Jesus ( think JML with Tony).

If the GH is out in September the June 30th is a bit to soon for the first single. I would prefer a fall release for both. Single in September, GH in October, S&S DVD in November, second single in December.

I thought the same thing about the video a hot one with Jesus!

It's not uncommon for artists to release lead off singles several months ahead of the album it's coming off of. It's actually a great promotion strategy to release this big monster of a hit before the album to generate interest for the new album. Though, it is known to back fire for some artists when the first single fails to become a hit. I suspect, she may attempt releasing two singles from the GH's. One soon and one when the GH's drops or soon after.