Madonna buying a townhouse on NYC's Upper ES

Bitch

That garden space in the back offers no privacy. I dont really understand why she didnt purchase a big house in Westchester or Hamptons. I guess she really wants to be in the city.

Personally i think she got sick of living in the CPW building, shes been there so long and also who knows maybe she has annoying and nosy neighbours. At least she has her privacy here and can hire her own security.

Most New Yorkers could only dream of living in a house like that in the city. I wouldnt mind living in the closet. I think people are jealous honestly.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009, by Joey

Given the slightly déclassé location of the 57-foot-wide East 81st Street townhouse that Madonna is reportedly buying, we knew that buttoned-up Upper East Side brokers would be making fun of Madge under their breaths and in private phone calls. But now they're actually repeating those insults to the Observer's Max Abelson (anonymously, of course). Said one, "It's one of the worst blocks in creation. It might as well be on the moon in terms of a great townhouse location." Madonna's longtime broker Wendy Maitland even reportedly tried to talk Madonna out of visiting the property. [NYO]

Source: http://curbed.com/archives/2009/04/14/brok...ock_madonna.php

Madonna Paying $40M for Upper East Side Double-Wide?

Pics of the townhouse:

http://curbed.com/archives/2009/04/14/mado..._doublewide.php

3441748038_0eaedc8943_o.jpg

Yeah right. All these brokers making negative remarks are just jealous because they didn´t cut the deal and got the commission.

Obviously this house offers some features that almost no house on or off the market in Manhatten has to offer. First of all it´s huge, well it´s actually two townhouses. Secondly it has this garden. Third, there is a garage. So why should she care that it´s on the wrong side of the street? It doesn´t look like a slum to me. If there would have been something more prestigious on the market with the same features in a more ritzy area she may have chosen it, who knows. But the ones I saw on the net had asking prices around 100 million. They were located on Madison Ave. (don´t know if that´s "better") and I don´t remember them having a garden.

Am familiar with the NY real estate market. The location is very good just not the best especially for that price. But what you pay for is the very very rare 2-car garage and 3,000 sq. ft. garden that Madonna is getting for this house. There's probably no other townhouse in the whole Manhattan that has both. A 3,000 sq. ft. garden is unheard of in the city and 99.9999% of NY apartment buildings and townhouses do not have its own private garage. Even her house in London is not the best location in London but she bought it anyway. I think it says a lot about Madonna's priorities when choosing a home. She's not a snob like most ultra rich folks who will not consider anything less than the best address in the city. Actually, when Madonna bought her Central Park West aparment in the 1980's, that area was not yet considered a great area either compared to the east side of Central Park (5th Ave., Park Ave.) but since then it has equalled if not surpassed 5th Ave. apartment prices. I'm sure the fact that Madonna bought in this new neighborhood has already raised the value of the homes in that area.

So now even the homes she buys calls for nastiness directed toward her. You'd think she's moving to section 8 housing the way they talk about it. Geez...

Some regular apartment buildings have section 8, but not the entire building is section 8, for example a section 8 person might be paying $500 a month while a regular tenant is paying $1,800.

I think Mayor Bloomberg is jealous too,

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg this morning said that he would not be sending Madonna a thank you card for her purchase, but does “plan to send her a bill."

He paid 40 mil for his townhouse and its not as big as hers

http://www.nme.com/news/madonna/44034

Mayor of All He Surveys

The Times today reports on Michael Bloomberg’s expansive residential needs. He owns an entire 7,500 square foot townhouse on 79th Street (17 E. 79th) less than a block away from Central Park, certainly worth at least $15 million, given its size, location and condition. For Mayor Bloomberg, that’s small potatoes — he’s worth $20 billion.

Bloomberg also owns most of one of the neighboring buildings (19 E. 79th), for a combined worth reportedly in the range of $30 million.

Some regular apartment buildings have section 8, but not the entire building is section 8, for example a section 8 person might be paying $500 a month while a regular tenant is paying $1,800.

I think Mayor Bloomberg is jealous too,

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg this morning said that he would not be sending Madonna a thank you card for her purchase, but does “plan to send her a bill."

He paid 40 mil for his townhouse and its not as big as hers

http://www.nme.com/news/madonna/44034

Mayor of All He Surveys

The Times today reports on Michael Bloomberg’s expansive residential needs. He owns an entire 7,500 square foot townhouse on 79th Street (17 E. 79th) less than a block away from Central Park, certainly worth at least $15 million, given its size, location and condition. For Mayor Bloomberg, that’s small potatoes — he’s worth $20 billion.

Bloomberg also owns most of one of the neighboring buildings (19 E. 79th), for a combined worth reportedly in the range of $30 million.

What is section 8? And why does Bloomberg want to send her a bill? Taxes?

I think this is a bad idea .....I mean. first of all she is paying double what its really worth......only to rip the insides apart and pay millions more? What about safety? Someone could easily smash a window or shoot a bullet right into the house because its so close to ground level. What about the fans?....good luck ever looking out a window on the front of the house. Also there seems to be big buildings on both sides of the house....not much privacy for the back yard. At least at harperly hall she was up high.

What is section 8? And why does Bloomberg want to send her a bill? Taxes?

Section 8 is low income housing, people on welfare recieve section 8. Its a voucher given to low income families, for example you could be paying full price for rent say $3,000 a month for a 2 bedroom but the landlord decided to make the apartment next to you section 8, those people have the same apartment and pay maybe $500 a month and the government pays the rest.

I don't think its fair to the regular tenants and it could be unsafe as well.

Bloomberg yea probably meant he wants to tax her.

Section 8 is low income housing, people on welfare recieve section 8. Its a voucher given to low income families, for example you could be paying full price for rent say $3,000 a month for a 2 bedroom but the landlord decided to make the apartment next to you section 8, those people have the same apartment and pay maybe $500 a month and the government pays the rest.

I don't think its fair to the regular tenants and it could be unsafe as well.

Bloomberg yea probably meant he wants to tax her.

thanks for the explanation

I just check out the other offers. None of those seems to have a garage at all and a garden that is as big as the one that belongs to "her" house.

But this one here is pretty: http://www.sothebyshomes.com/nyc/sales/0016255 and comes with a reasonable price.

I just check out the other offers. None of those seems to have a garage at all and a garden that is as big as the one that belongs to "her" house.

But this one here is pretty: http://www.sothebyshomes.com/nyc/sales/0016255 and comes with a reasonable price.

I think the very rare 2-car garage and the unheard of 3,000 sq. ft. garden is what make this property much more valuable than any other property in that area or in the entire Manhattan for that matter. It is really a one of a kind property. Plus it is also unusually wide for a NY city townhouse. The 12,000 sq. ft is spread over 4 floors only while most high-priced NY townhouses with less sq. footage is spread over 5-8 floors. Here are more pictures of the exterior of the house.

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=madonn...amp;version=int

The price is almost the same to the one she bought, though the garden is smaller and it only has 5 bedrooms, while hers has 13.

Seems that she did cut a good deal, as it originally cost $45 million, then dropped to $42 and eventually to $40. I've read that she actually paid $38.5 mill for it. http://madeinbrazil.typepad.com/madeinbraz...as-new-pad.html

INFphoto_951562.jpg

I love how people in here are so concerned with her how much she paid for this place, as if they were here fucking accountants. Madonna is not stupid, and paid exactly what she was willing and able to fork over.

We live about a mile from the house and so I walked by there tonight. It's a beautiful red brick building and I must say I was surprised on how big it is. It is about 3-4x wider than the average Manhattan townhouse. And at least from the exterior, it seems that it is a well maintained building. Even if you didn't know a celebrity lived there, when you pass by it, it will naturally attract your attention cuz it's so rare to find a garage in Manhattan townhouses, much less a 2-car garage. We went around the block and the garden is not at all visible from the street, not from the front or the back. If at all, it is only visible to the townhouses adjacent to it. So I think it is very safe and private.

The New House Of Vadge

houseofvadgenyc.jpg

Many years ago Vadge was licking the taint of a skeezy music producer behind the dumpster in a back alley just so he could listen to her demo and now she's plopping down $40 million for a townhouse. Don't ever let someone tell you that a lot of dick sucking doesn't pay off! :lmao:

IN THIS ECONOMY, some whores aren't hurting and Vadge is one of them. The NY Post says she has signed a contract to buy a four-story 12,000 sq. ft. townhouse at 152 East 81st Street in Manhattan. The original listing price was $45 mill, so Vadge got a deal!

The joint has 13 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, 9 fireplaces, an elevator, a grotto, a two-car garage, a 3,000 sq. ft. garden and a wine cellar. It's still not good enough for Vadge, because she's planning on doing a bunch of renovations before she moves in.

There's room for everyone! A room for Lourdes, a room for David, a room for Rocco, a room for the balls of all of Vadge's exes :rotfl:, a museum of all her former faces and a cellar to house the thousands of children's bones she crushes down into a paste and slathers on her mug every night. The place is perfect.

However, some say there is one slight problem. Someone who has been inside the house, says you can hear the subways below speeding through. I doubt that's going to bother anyone that lives there! The sound of Vadge's throbbing ego will drown that shit out!

Nice Gallery of the insides and outside (backyard, etc) HERE!! It's beautiful. No wonder she fell in love with it. The landscaping is just gorgeous!