Listening to HARD CANDY tonight. It's SOOOOO Good

boy skeffington

:thumbsup: that's a cool video

there's a documentry that was on tv a while ago called "man crushers" and there's a fetish where men spend months building these amazing minature cities (like the one in her video) only for a giantess to come and crush and destroy the city in moments (while the guy gets off) Interesting.

I'm sorry your friend passed away

Wow that sounds so cool, I will have to check it out

I see you are from Australia too, maybe u might have heard of Jabe.. she was quite well known in Sydney especially in fetish community, she worked at Salon Kitty for years. She is very sadly missed so thanks for your support.

jabebabe2.jpg

jabebabe1.jpg

Jabe Babe

Edited by mnation09

Haven't listened to it in a while- nothing wrong with it, it's commercial and has some catchy tunes. But M is capable of stronger material- hopefully with the next album, she works with under-the-radar collaborators, or reunites with Patrick Leonard, something like that

Guest Alejandro ~dro~
^ I agree that the album cover is very tacky & was a mistake. In fact, I'm not crazy about the album title "Hard Candy".

I really wish they had went with the boxing/champion theme for the cover and insert. They should have gave it a TRIUMPHANT theme. Last album with Warners, getting inducted into the R&RHOF, etc.

But the album itself is great.

Hcm2.jpg

madonnahard2th1.png

Made by me:

Pq7XnC9.jpg

Guest ursaminorjim
Hcm2.jpg

Okay, defintely on to something here. Ditch the 80s font and angled text, lose the "shadow" effect on her, and this would've worked.

Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna
Wow. I'm listening to this tonight in full on my Itouch and it is so good. Doesn't feel almost a year old. I really only think DEVIL will be dated in a few years, the rest is pretty timeless.

GIVE IT 2 ME, HEARTBEAT and MILES AWAY

as well as

SHE'S NOT ME, INCREDIBLE and BEAT GOES ON -

These are both 3 of the strongest triples song stretches in her entire career.

If you haven't listened to it in awhile, give it a spin and rediscover it. I'm loving 4 MINUTES again.

this is soooooooooooooooooooo an exaggeration.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The album hasn't held up as much as it did a year ago, but i still enjoy it when i'm in the mood. I played the whole thing in full just yesterday [minus Candy Shop] and i still like pretty much all of it.

Wow. I'm listening to this tonight in full on my Itouch and it is so good. Doesn't feel almost a year old. I really only think DEVIL will be dated in a few years, the rest is pretty timeless.

GIVE IT 2 ME, HEARTBEAT and MILES AWAY

as well as

SHE'S NOT ME, INCREDIBLE and BEAT GOES ON -

These are both 3 of the strongest triples song stretches in her entire career.

If you haven't listened to it in awhile, give it a spin and rediscover it. I'm loving 4 MINUTES again.

Candy Shop, Incredible and maybe Miles Away are my highlights. I can't believe it's almost a year old.

• 2 months later...

My only problem with Hard Candy is the Justin Timberlake sound, when it gets reminiscent of What Goes Around and such, like on Devil. It all sounds great and I love these songs, but I wish they were stripped of that quality. The very signature Timbaland sound on Dance 2night doesn't bother me, it's just what sounds distinctively Timberlake.

I actually love the cover now, but I would have loved something along the lines of the tour book and with better typography. Songs like Give It 2 Me, Heartbeat, Beat Goes On, they're truly fabulous. I think it's such a shame she didn't put out more singles with proper videos because there was so much potential.

I'm excited to hear her new work on the GH and even more excited for her next project, because I'm hankering for something different and artistic now.

Music is still my favorite album of the decade.

Music is my all time favourite Madonna album, absolutely love every one of those songs!

Hard Candy i adore too, play it all the time! Give it 2 Me is definately a highlight for me :)

1. Give it 2 Me

2. Beat Goes On.............should've been a single earlier this year!!

3. Heartbeat

4. Shes not Me

5. Miles Away

The album hasn't held up as much as it did a year ago, but i still enjoy it when i'm in the mood. I played the whole thing in full just yesterday [minus Candy Shop] and i still like pretty much all of it.

I agree.

I like HC more than Music.

Guest Johnkm

Hard Candy is brilliant.

I too prefer it to Music, though it is my least fave of all her albums.

Top 5:

Give It 2 Me

She's Not Me (would ahve referred the s+s version on the album though)

Heartbeat

Beat Goes On

Spanish Lesson/Devil Wouldn't Recognize You