S&S DVD release

tatimadge

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna
ICON announced something?? Highly unlikely, are you sure they didn't just announce they were going to announce something :lmao:

Why do you keep posting this over and over? I don't appreciate that.

Well,it's March.Where's the DVD?? ;)

There is NO DVD. There was NO official announcement and the only source claimed such a DVD would be released was through MadonnaONLINE and their source. Anyone who gets upset over this, just set themselves for disappointment since no one from Madonna's camp even squeezed a fart about releasing this DVD.

I hope it comes in blu-ray format.

It needs to! Beyonce & Shakira have their tours out on Blu-Ray. If they can, M can also. Concerts look alot better on blu-ray because the sound and colors look amazing in HD.

There is NO DVD. There was NO official announcement and the only source claimed such a DVD would be released was through MadonnaONLINE and their source. Anyone who gets upset over this, just set themselves for disappointment since no one from Madonna's camp even squeezed a fart about releasing this DVD.

Didn't they take HD cameras to film one of the shows? They wouldn't waste tons of money to film it in HD and then not release the DVD. Its pretty obvious when its a DVD taping. If they where taping the shows for a DVD, the audience would know. Usually they announce to the audience that its a TV taping, and usually there's a few obsessed fans at the show that notice the setup/cameras are a bit different and that a DVD taping is going on. Did this happen at any of the shows? Or do we just have rumors?

Didn't they take HD cameras to film one of the shows? They wouldn't waste tons of money to film it in HD and then not release the DVD. Its pretty obvious when its a DVD taping. If they where taping the shows for a DVD, the audience would know. Usually they announce to the audience that its a TV taping, and usually there's a few obsessed fans at the show that notice the setup/cameras are a bit different and that a DVD taping is going on. Did this happen at any of the shows? Or do we just have rumors?

I believe they did announce it in Argentina (that they were taping it).

I feel pretty confident that we WILL get the DVD, it just won't be until fall or Christmas when the tour extension is over. I'm fine, I can wait. I just want it to be GOOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZaOf56NKQ

I believe they did announce it in Argentina (that they were taping it).

I feel pretty confident that we WILL get the DVD, it just won't be until fall or Christmas when the tour extension is over. I'm fine, I can wait. I just want it to be GOOD.

K, thanks. Well, as long as we get a DVD, I'm fine with waiting :)

Some of the Pro shots from Argentina on youtube are somewhat different from other proshots from other cities. At least I noticed her voice was much stronger, more smiling at the audience and even her dancers during beat goes on smile an awful lot at the Buenos Aires show. Just my observation. It makes me almost 100 percent that those were recorded for the DVD. Just like the forced smiles for CT London. Does anyone know the real reason RIT hasn't been released on DVD? It figures that her "greatest hits" type of tour doesn't air on TV or we get a DVD.

Some of the Pro shots from Argentina on youtube are somewhat different from other proshots from other cities. At least I noticed her voice was much stronger, more smiling at the audience and even her dancers during beat goes on smile an awful lot at the Buenos Aires show. Just my observation. It makes me almost 100 percent that those were recorded for the DVD. Just like the forced smiles for CT London. Does anyone know the real reason RIT hasn't been released on DVD? It figures that her "greatest hits" type of tour doesn't air on TV or we get a DVD.

Not sure if this is the 'real' reason or not -- but my understanding is that there were legal issues and contract requirements. I recall when the IGTTYAS documentary was being released, Madonna made mention in an interview of the fact that there would have to be a certain period of time between the release of the documentary and the release of a full-concert DVD.

The TV airing supposedly didn't happen because Madonna and CBS couldn't agree on terms (commercial-free vs. with commercials -- and most likely some content issues, too --- hello, American Life).

Hamish Hamilton was to have directed the DVD, and he filmed in Lisbon, Portugal. He also scouted out multiple shows in the U.S. and Europe before actually filming in Lisbon. Later, after it became clear that there was some feet-dragging going on, Hamish Hamilton and his production company sued Madonna for non-payment for the services they'd already provided (scouting out earlier shows, filming the Lisbon shows). Of course, I think the original line from the Madonna camp was that 'no DVD had as of yet been delivered' -- but I don't know if that would have held up legally.

Most of the concert footage in IGTTYAS is from Paris, which was shot by Jonas Akerlund.

So, with the drama with Hamish (who helmed the DWT DVD and the tour DVDs of many other big name artists, like U2, etc.), who knows whether we'll see Lisbon on DVD eventually or if we'll get the Paris show(s). [The corset color in the opening section is the big difference.]

That's what I assume is really holding things up. At one point, Caresse had confirmed there would be a tour DVD -- which, I suppose is still a valid promise; she just failed to mention just how patient we'd all have to be. :thumbsdown: At one point, some media company in France even offered downloads of "Burning Up" and "Die Another Day" live videos through a mobile phone promotion or something -- all to hype the forthcoming release, which never eventuated. (Bizarre! Those HQ vids used to be on YouTube and at some fansites, too, if you've never seen them.)

All of which doesn't make me 100% confident we'll see the S&S DVD when it's promised. I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be excited when it's in my hot little hands and playing in my DVD player.

[Also... I've read rumors that Madonna didn't like the way she looked in the filming of RIT, but I don't know if I buy that entirely. How much footage ended up in IGTTYAS and she didn't seem to mind that... and I'm sure it could all be retouched to her satisfaction, anyway.]

I've heard she wasn't happy with her voice in Lisbon, and that's the big reason we are still waiting.They tried to put the Paris audio on the Lisnon show but it didn't work out.

There isn't a full Paris show, as far as I know only certain songs were filmed and I remember cameras not rolling for the whole last show in Paris (one of the two that were filmed).

Some of the Pro shots from Argentina on youtube are somewhat different from other proshots from other cities. At least I noticed her voice was much stronger, more smiling at the audience and even her dancers during beat goes on smile an awful lot at the Buenos Aires show. Just my observation. It makes me almost 100 percent that those were recorded for the DVD. Just like the forced smiles for CT London.

:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure the engineers ran her voice through filters for the RIT recordings. Just like CT which sounded like a dub off of the CD. S&S will probably be filtered too. I just hope we get steady shots and not a million quick cuts like for the Confessions DVD. It was hard to concentrate along with the slow motion and screen savers thrown over her. What happened to the 'Live" experience? Do u think there may be a possibility they may film one of the shows from the summer extension? Remember WTG, we got 3 shows spliced together for the dvd recording. Tokyo, Turino and Florence. I remember the unedited version that would air on MTV during Madonna marathons in the early 90's. Anyway, I hope we get one show but if the extension is better then release a recording from the extension. :thumbsup:

Not sure if this is the 'real' reason or not -- but my understanding is that there were legal issues and contract requirements. I recall when the IGTTYAS documentary was being released, Madonna made mention in an interview of the fact that there would have to be a certain period of time between the release of the documentary and the release of a full-concert DVD.

The TV airing supposedly didn't happen because Madonna and CBS couldn't agree on terms (commercial-free vs. with commercials -- and most likely some content issues, too --- hello, American Life).

Hamish Hamilton was to have directed the DVD, and he filmed in Lisbon, Portugal. He also scouted out multiple shows in the U.S. and Europe before actually filming in Lisbon. Later, after it became clear that there was some feet-dragging going on, Hamish Hamilton and his production company sued Madonna for non-payment for the services they'd already provided (scouting out earlier shows, filming the Lisbon shows). Of course, I think the original line from the Madonna camp was that 'no DVD had as of yet been delivered' -- but I don't know if that would have held up legally.

Most of the concert footage in IGTTYAS is from Paris, which was shot by Jonas Akerlund.

So, with the drama with Hamish (who helmed the DWT DVD and the tour DVDs of many other big name artists, like U2, etc.), who knows whether we'll see Lisbon on DVD eventually or if we'll get the Paris show(s). [The corset color in the opening section is the big difference.]

That's what I assume is really holding things up. At one point, Caresse had confirmed there would be a tour DVD -- which, I suppose is still a valid promise; she just failed to mention just how patient we'd all have to be. :thumbsdown: At one point, some media company in France even offered downloads of "Burning Up" and "Die Another Day" live videos through a mobile phone promotion or something -- all to hype the forthcoming release, which never eventuated. (Bizarre! Those HQ vids used to be on YouTube and at some fansites, too, if you've never seen them.)

All of which doesn't make me 100% confident we'll see the S&S DVD when it's promised. I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll be excited when it's in my hot little hands and playing in my DVD player.

[Also... I've read rumors that Madonna didn't like the way she looked in the filming of RIT, but I don't know if I buy that entirely. How much footage ended up in IGTTYAS and she didn't seem to mind that... and I'm sure it could all be retouched to her satisfaction, anyway.]

She had alot of upclose shots in IGTTYAS and she didn't look bad. Her face seemed fuller than it is now and she has had some sort of cheek enhancement. Did she loose weight? :vanitybonet: