4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

_________

actually yes, 4M will have the highest debut in the Pop categories this week in BB

moooriah is number 5 already om itunes usa,,madonna is still nowhere,,whats going on,,can sum1 pls xplain,,im very nervous at this tymmmm...

Mariah was available at iTunes yesterday - Monday.

Madonna was available this morning - Tuesday.

This is the airplay thread, not the iTunes thread.

y was that? i thot march 24 is also the digi release of 4m?y was tmb got first?

I am guessing that the reason the number of stations playing it dropped is because the stations that dropped off only played it because of Open House Party?

I am guessing that the reason the number of stations playing it dropped is because the stations that dropped off only played it because of Open House Party?

nope, if those OPHouse party stations just played it this saturday and stopped playing it since, then they will be taken off the number of stations by next saturday... it's the 7-day thing... like those 3 stations off the POP count are the ones who played it last monday and haven't played it since

nope, if those OPHouse party stations just played it this saturday and stopped playing it since then they will be taken off the number of stations by next saturday... it's the 7-day thing... those 3 stations off the POP count are the ones who played it last monday and haven't played it since

Are you sure? How come it says from yesterdays amount of stations then? Where is Bad Robot to clear this up? :lol:

Guest Bad Robot

Already explained why the number may look like a sudden slow down...

Number of stations, who knows, things fluctuate.

Everyone is way overanalyzing this. Please, just -- take a break. "Catch your fragrant gay breath."

Are you sure? How come it says from yesterdays amount of stations then? Where is Bad Robot to clear this up? :lol:

yeah... let's say station A, B & C played 4M twice last March 17, they will be counted as 3 stations, 6 spins from (March 17-23), then the following day station A stopped playing it while B & C continued doing so until March 24... on March 24 only two stations will be counted because from Mar 18 to 24 only stations B & C played 4M... the counting moves daily in a 7-day period...

128 stations played 4M from Mar 17-23, then from Mar 18-24 the counting is 125 stations... it's just like that...

did it make any sense? :chuckle:

24/3

AC - 3 (+2)

HAC - 193 (-7) :dramatic:

POP - 2691 (+183)

AAA - 2 (+0)

URB - 4 (+1)

RHY - 641 (+35)

Total Spin - 3534 (+214)

AI - 24.657 (+0.129) :dramatic:

*** Latin, RHY AC not included

Guest Bad Robot
Really interesting 3-4 milloin impression gains everday and now only 100? LOL!

We'll see tomorrow if it was to early to celebrate.

Please read my note earlier in this thread explaining how Mediabase works.

The AI number the billboard useing is lower than mediabase,rigth? so if it's 23 in Mediabase,it something like 18 in Billboard numbers?

Guest Bad Robot
The AI number the billboard useing is lower than mediabase,rigth? so if it's 23 in Mediabase,it something like 18 in Billboard numbers?

Historically BDS ran about 85% of what Mediabase numbers were. But recently they seem to be much closer, and occasionally BDS is actually higher (it was for 4M's first two days), so it's hard to determine exactly. I would say that you can consider them roughly equivalent. When you get to really high numbers, like 150million, then BDS seems to be lower.

I'm not sure how this USA Today guy gets the early airplay chart when the airplay tracking period is through Tuesday. Madonna should debut at #60 on Hot 100 Airplay.

Chris

http://blogs.usatoday.com/listenup/2008/03...nterstitialskip

Brown still No. 1, but for how much longer?

Chris Brown's With You is No. 1 for the fifth week on the national radio airplay audience chart, but it could relinquish that position as early as next week. Usher's Love in This Club parlays a big increase in audience into a move from No. 3 to No. 2, and if it continues to grow at its current rate and Brown's decline accelerates, Usher has a shot at No. 1 next week.

Flo Rida's Low drops to No. 3, according to Nielsen BDS, Arbitron and Radio & Records data, and Mariah Carey's Touch My Body holds at 4 but enjoys a substantial increase in audience. Sarah Bareilles (6-5) and Ray J (9-6) are also up strongly, followed by three declining songs, RIhanna's Don't Stop the Music, Timbaland & OneRepublic's Apologize and Alicia Keys' No One. Making its top 10 debut is No Air by Jordin Sparks with Chris Brown.

More detailed analysis follows.

> The annotated top 10:

1-1 last week Chris Brown, With You (down 6.8% in total audience): Took a substantial hit, losing nearly 10 million audience impressions this week.

2-3 Usher, Love in This Club (+15.9%): Gained audience at nearly the same rate as last week, which is remarkable this high on the chart. Added nearly 15 million audience impressions, putting it 27 million behind Brown. So if it can pick up 15 million more and Brown loses 12 million (unlikely but not impossible scenarios), it can take over next week. Probably a shoo-in for the week after, in any case.

3-2 Flo Rida, Low (-3.6%): Rallied a little, cutting its rate of audience evaporation in half, enough to stay ahead of Mariah for one more week.

4-4 Mariah Carey, Touch My Body (+10.7%): Will reach No. 2 shortly (unless Ray J catches it), but chances for a No. 1 seem to be diminishing every week.

5-6 Sara Bareilles, Love Song (+6.4%): Keeps on climbing, but now it's stuck behind Usher and Mariah with Ray J hot on its heels.

6-9 Ray J, Sexy Can I (+20.4%): Massive hit might even catch Mariah, though probably not next week.

7-5 Rihanna, Don't Stop the Music (-2.9%): Still in the slow-decline phase.

8-7 Timbaland & OneRepublic, Apologize (-1.6%): Permanently in the slow-decline phase -- every time it seems to be finally sliding (as during last week, when it dropped 7% in audience), it stabilizes again (as in this week, where it nearly held steady). It may never leave the top 10.

9-8 Alicia Keys, No One (-7.5%): Outlasts its follow-up (Like You'll Never See Me Again fell out of the top 10 this week, dropping to No. 12), but would seem headed out of the top 10 -- except that nothing seems ready to replace it.

10-17 Jordin Sparks, No Air (+15.1%): Exceeding her first hit and turning into a true American Idol airplay triumph (there aren't as many as you might think).

> Next week's top 10 contenders:

Thought about leaving this category blank, because the songs at Nos. 11-16 are all headed downward with substantial audience declines. Then you hit two songs experiencing minimal growth (Buckcherry's Sorry, 19-17, +1.1% in audience; Mario's Crying Out for Me, 20-18, +0.2%), followed by a couple of slow decliners, followed by Miley Cyrus' See You Again, which is up 24-21 but whose rate of audience increase slowed from 22.9% last week to 3.9% this week. Pretty hard to identify a top 10 contender out of that batch.

> This week's hottest songs:

Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love is the leader here, jumping 59-40 on the chart in its third week with a whopping 39.9% audience gain. Flo Rida's follow-up, Elevator, rises 78-58 in its second week with a 28.0% increase. Rascal Flatts' Every Day jumps 83-70 in week No. 2, increasing audience 24.9%. Colby O'Donis' What You Got is up 63-46 in its third week with a 23.7% audience gain. And Rick Ross' The Boss moves 47-35 in its fourth week with a 20.7% gain.

> This week's debuts on the top 100:

Madonna, enlisting Justin Timberlake's assistance for 4 Minutes (wonder what he charges?), achieves the highest debut of the week at an impressive No. 60. Brad Paisley's I'm Still a Guy enters at No. 79, Lil' Wayne's Lollipop comes in at 82, Ashanti returns at 87 with The Way That I Love You, and Michael Buble's Lost enters at No. 100.

I'm not sure how this USA Today guy gets the early airplay chart when the airplay tracking period is through Tuesday. Madonna should debut at #60 on Hot 100 Airplay.

hmm... maybe we're wrong about the Wednesday to Tuesday thing? :shy:

Guest Bad Robot

The USA Today guy is not getting what Billboard uses. He's getting stats for a different tracking period. For example, on his list, I think Kanye West never hit #1 with Stronger on airplay, but on Billboard he did, because the tracking period is different.

His info is a good preview but I think it's one day off.

I heard 4 MIN on SoJo 104.9 todayl Thats a big station and the first time I heard it on there. I have yet to hear it on Q102 but someone here reported that they heard it.

Also before it came on Z100 this afternoon a female DJ said that Madonna has another thing to add to her Grammy and being inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame from this year, and she went on to say that her album "Hard Candy" is still a month away, but that presales are through the roof. :clap:

I heard 4 MIN on SoJo 104.9 todayl Thats a big station and the first time I heard it on there. I have yet to hear it on Q102 but someone here reported that they heard it.

Also before it came on Z100 this afternoon a female DJ said that Madonna has another thing to add to her Grammy and being inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame from this year, and she went on to say that her album "Hard Candy" is still a month away, but that presales are through the roof. :clap:

im really nervous,,wats happening,,it seems moriah is number 1 everywhere...omg...pls calm me down

q102 has been playing it, surprisingly

so has 94.5

great that sojo is hopping on it

they've been playing it since its been out

q102 has been playing it, surprisingly

so has 94.5

great that sojo is hopping on it

they've been playing it since its been out

MORE GOOD NEWS PLEASE....PLEASE LOG ON TO DROWNEDMADONNA.COM,THEY HAVE LOTS OF INFO BOUT HOW TO REQUEST 4M,,WE NEED TO HELP HER MADGESTY FROM THE STUNG OH MOORIAH...INFORM EVERYONE ABOUT THE NEW SONG....REQUESTS, REQUESTS...

Guest jamesshot
24/3

AC - 3 (+2)

HAC - 193 (-7) :dramatic:

POP - 2691 (+183)

AAA - 2 (+0)

URB - 4 (+1)

RHY - 641 (+35)

Total Spin - 3534 (+214)

AI - 24.657 (+0.129) :dramatic:

*** Latin, RHY AC not included

wrists are slit and all available plates smashed!

wrists are slit and all available plates smashed!

LETS HELP THE MAGESTY PLEASE...EVERYONE........IM NERVOUS

MORE GOOD NEWS PLEASE....PLEASE LOG ON TO DROWNEDMADONNA.COM,THEY HAVE LOTS OF INFO BOUT HOW TO REQUEST 4M,,WE NEED TO HELP HER MADGESTY FROM THE STUNG OH MOORIAH...INFORM EVERYONE ABOUT THE NEW SONG....REQUESTS, REQUESTS...

NO!!

requests ruin its chances