Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

“Killers Who Are Partying” thread


Recommended Posts

You could read everywhere in the critics how exhausting the lyrics are: „I’ll be Islam if Islam is hated/ I’ll be Israel if they’re incarcerated/I’ll be Native Indian if the Indian has been taken“.

But the song feels surprisingly easy and pleasant. 🥰

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JR! said:

Love the production of this song!

First we didn't know if Killers is the notorious discobanger - its not. But it's so great. You can question the lyrics (and think about it) but it's a really good song. It fits so well to the mood of the album and the message is not exaggerated. It's haunting and something special. My heart for this song. 🥰

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to transcribe the lyrics (Anyone with knowledge of the portuguese language, feel free to add or correct because I did this fully on hearing and not speaking any portuguese!)

Killers Who Are Partying

I will be gay, if the gay are burned
I'll be Africa, if Africa is shut down
I will be poor, if the poor are humiliated
And I'll be a child, if the children are exploited

I know what I am
And I know what I'm not

O mundo, e savage (the world is wild)
O caminho é solitário, (the road is lonely)
e, e, e, e
O mundo, e savage
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e

e, e, e, e,

e, e, e, e

e, e, e, e

I'll be Islam, if Islam is hated
I'll be Israel, if they're incarcerated
I'll be native Indian, If the Indian has been taken
And I'll be a woman, if she's raped and her heart is breaking

I know what I am (God knows what I'm not)
And I know what I'm not (And he knows what I'm not)
Do you know who you are (hmmmm)
Will we know when to stop?

O mundo, e savage
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e
O mundo, e savage
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e

Yo se ....
Yo se ...

e, e, e, e

O mundo,
Wild is the world
Wild is the world
e savage
Wild is the world
e, e, e, e

I know what I am (God knows what I'm not)
And I know what I'm not (And he knows what I'm not)
Do you know who you are (hmmmm)
Will we know when to stop?

.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robster said:

I tried to transcribe the lyrics (Anyone with knowledge of the portuguese language, feel free to add or correct because I did this fully on hearing and not speaking any portuguese!)

Killers Who Are Partying

I will be gay, if the gay are burned
I'll be Africa, if Africa is shut down
I will be poor, if the poor are humiliated
And I'll be a child, if the children are exploited

I know what I am
And I know what I'm not

O mundo, eso vajen
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e
O mundo, eso vajen
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e

e, e, e, e,

e, e, e, e

e, e, e, e

I'll be Islam, if Islam is hated
I'll be Israel, if they're incarcerated
I'll be native Indian, If the Indian has been taken
And I'll be a woman, if she's raped and her heart is breaking

I know what I am (God knows what I'm not)
And I know what I'm not (And he knows what I'm not)
Do you know who you are (hmmmm)
Will we know when to stop?

O mundo, eso vajen
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e
O mundo, eso vajen
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e

Yo se ....
Yo se ...

e, e, e, e

O mundo,
Wild is the world
Wild is the world
eso vajen
Wild is the world
e, e, e, e

I know what I am (God knows what I'm not)
And I know what I'm not (And he knows what I'm not)
Do you know who you are (hmmmm)
Will we know when to stop?

.....

Wow, I haven't listened to the song yet but I am completely impressed with your Portuguese! There seems to be only two small things to be corrected! :kiss2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Wow, I haven't listened to the song yet but I am completely impressed with your Portuguese! There seems to be only two small things to be corrected! :kiss2:

Thanks so much. I don't speak a word of Portuguese, so it's all phonetically done and then run through google translate to get the correct spelling! 🙂

well, at the end where it says "yo se ..." there's an entire line, but I can't make that out, but we'll get it soon enough 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robster said:

Thanks so much. I don't speak a word of Portuguese, so it's all phonetically done and then run through google translate to get the correct spelling! 🙂

well, at the end where it says "yo se ..." there's an entire line, but I can't make that out, but we'll get it soon enough 🙂

Well done 😘

Link to post
Share on other sites

@robster

I think it might be "savajen" as in wild, it feels like she sings the translation later on. I mean that's how I understood it xD I don't speak portuguese either though xD

Si it might be "e savajen" like later on she says "e solitario"

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RoyalMadonna said:

@robster

I think it might be "savajen" as in wild, it feels like she sings the translation later on. I mean that's how I understood it xD I don't speak portuguese either though xD

Si it might be "e savajen" like later on she says "e solitario"

You are right, let me correct that 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

I in Portuguese is Eu, there is no Y (or K, W either) in the Portuguese alphabet. No native words contain those 3 letters. So it has to be Eu sei (I know). 

Selvagem means wild. 

Thank you for transcribing the lyrics! I haven’t heard the song yet. Does it have an accordion? 

For Portuguese people...how is her /ão/ pronunciation? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robster said:

I tried to transcribe the lyrics (Anyone with knowledge of the portuguese language, feel free to add or correct because I did this fully on hearing and not speaking any portuguese!)

Killers Who Are Partying

I will be gay, if the gay are burned
I'll be Africa, if Africa is shut down
I will be poor, if the poor are humiliated
And I'll be a child, if the children are exploited

I know what I am
And I know what I'm not

O mundo, e savage (the world is wild)
O caminho é solitário, (the road is lonely)
e, e, e, e
O mundo, e savage
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e

e, e, e, e,

e, e, e, e

e, e, e, e

I'll be Islam, if Islam is hated
I'll be Israel, if they're incarcerated
I'll be native Indian, If the Indian has been taken
And I'll be a woman, if she's raped and her heart is breaking

I know what I am (God knows what I'm not)
And I know what I'm not (And he knows what I'm not)
Do you know who you are (hmmmm)
Will we know when to stop?

O mundo, e savage
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e
O mundo, e savage
O caminho é solitário,
e, e, e, e

Yo se ....
Yo se ...

e, e, e, e

O mundo,
Wild is the world
Wild is the world
e savage
Wild is the world
e, e, e, e

I know what I am (God knows what I'm not)
And I know what I'm not (And he knows what I'm not)
Do you know who you are (hmmmm)
Will we know when to stop?

.....

Hey Rob! Great job!

Here are the parts in Portuguese:

O mundo é selvagem
O caminho é solitário
e, e, e, e
...
Eu sei o que sou e o que não sou

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I would cringe more with the lyrics but absolutely not. The music first of all is a masterpiece. Her voice is so soothing. It’s a real manifesto of Madame X. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So that's the other track we hear in the Madame X teaser, right ?

I've heard half of the song and I like it ! Very American Life 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definately the worst on this album but the other tracks more than make up for it...cant believe this made it and not Extreme Occident or Looking for Mercy

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Definately the worst on this album but the other tracks more than make up for it...cant believe this made it and not Extreme Occident or Looking for Mercy

Killers is my favorite. It's NOT the worst, this just shows how great of an album this is. The portuguese and brazilian influences on this one are aplenty, and I had chills throughout. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nobelson said:

Killers is my favorite. It's NOT the worst, this just shows how great of an album this is. The portuguese and brazilian influences on this one are aplenty, and I had chills throughout. 

To me its the worst...doesnt go anywhere, trite lyrics...its just there for me. Unfortunate that it has such an awesome title that amounts to very little.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...