Jump to content

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, tresdrole said:

Really? If you look up the tag on Twitter her fans are complaining that she only sings 2 lines and it’s all Madonna lol

I am hearing Madonna in most of the song..

Its the kinda song that gets millions of views on YT

Summer smash!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, robster said:

Okay, beware of spoilers, detailed review of God Control:

The track opens with a continuation of the ending of Dark Ballet, you hear M huffing and puffing and breathing, then a solemn piano with M's vocals. Talking about the state of the nation and how we need to wake up "When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh. They pretend to help, it makes me laugh." She finishes with "They say that we need love, but we need more then this", piano drops away for a bit, then the choir comes in full blast, repeating the line "We lost God Control". Then the track stops, and these disco tinged violins come in, you hear a few gun shots and bullet shells falling to the floor, a stewardess like vocal comes in saying "This is your wake-up call. I'm like your nightmare. I'm here to start your day!" Full on Disco instrumentation kicks in as M starts to sing "This is your wake-up call". Very catchy melody, with violins warbling, clapping, a fun beat, then comes the wordy rappinghood inspired rap section followed by a whispering M "everybody knows the damn truth, wake up" which goes into frantically warbling violins with a repeated and heavily vocodered Wake Up. Then later the violins drop out as the disco beat continues and she sings a new melody line "It's a weird kind of energy", then back into the vocodered wake-up, back to the wordy rappinghood rap. Then the track starts to build to a crescendo with the violins rising and falling, vocodered warbling "wake up, wake up, wake up" again. Instrumental bit with Mirwais' best take on disco. Then the track drops in energy as she screams in a processed voice "A NEW DEMOCRACY", as the music is low in energy she starts whispering the opening monologue again as the music starts to swell, this time with the Choir in the background, heavy chords slammed on the piano as the track grows and grows, untill only the choir remains repeating "We lost god control" untill they drop out as well and M repeats in a whispered voice "wake up wake up wake up" until it fades out!

Love you for doing this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, robster said:

Okay, beware of spoilers, detailed review of God Control:

The track opens with a continuation of the ending of Dark Ballet, you hear M huffing and puffing and breathing, then a solemn piano with M's vocals (she sounds like she has grills in her mouth, but for some reason it fits the tone of the lyrics, as her voice starts to get more and more aggrivated and aggresive as she continues). Talking about the state of the nation and how we need to wake up "When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh. They pretend to help, it makes me laugh." She finishes with "They say that we need love, but we need more then this", piano drops away for a bit, then the choir comes in full blast, repeating the line "We lost God Control". Then the track stops, and these disco tinged violins come in, you hear a few gun shots and bullet shells falling to the floor, a stewardess like vocal comes in saying "This is your wake-up call. I'm like your nightmare. I'm here to start your day!" Full on Disco instrumentation kicks in as M starts to sing "This is your wake-up call". Very catchy melody, with violins warbling, clapping, a fun beat, then comes the wordy rappinghood inspired rap section followed by a whispering M "everybody knows the damn truth, wake up" which goes into frantically warbling violins with a repeated and heavily vocodered Wake Up. Then later the violins drop out as the disco beat continues and she sings a new melody line "It's a weird kind of energy", then back into the vocodered wake-up, back to the wordy rappinghood rap. Then the track starts to build to a crescendo with the violins rising and falling, vocodered warbling "wake up, wake up, wake up" again. Instrumental bit with Mirwais' best take on disco. Then the track drops in energy as she screams in a processed voice "A NEW DEMOCRACY", as the music is low in energy she starts whispering the opening monologue again as the music starts to swell, this time with the Choir in the background, heavy chords slammed on the piano as the track grows and grows, untill only the choir remains repeating "We lost god control" untill they drop out as well and M repeats in a whispered voice "wake up wake up wake up" until it fades out!

:yowza: omg!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, robster said:

Okay, beware of spoilers, detailed review of God Control:

The track opens with a continuation of the ending of Dark Ballet, you hear M huffing and puffing and breathing, then a solemn piano with M's vocals (she sounds like she has grills in her mouth, but for some reason it fits the tone of the lyrics, as her voice starts to get more and more aggrivated and aggresive as she continues). Talking about the state of the nation and how we need to wake up "When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh. They pretend to help, it makes me laugh." She finishes with "They say that we need love, but we need more then this", piano drops away for a bit, then the choir comes in full blast, repeating the line "We lost God Control". Then the track stops, and these disco tinged violins come in, you hear a few gun shots and bullet shells falling to the floor, a stewardess like vocal comes in saying "This is your wake-up call. I'm like your nightmare. I'm here to start your day!" Full on Disco instrumentation kicks in as M starts to sing "This is your wake-up call". Very catchy melody, with violins warbling, clapping, a fun beat, then comes the wordy rappinghood inspired rap section followed by a whispering M "everybody knows the damn truth, wake up" which goes into frantically warbling violins with a repeated and heavily vocodered Wake Up. Then later the violins drop out as the disco beat continues and she sings a new melody line "It's a weird kind of energy", then back into the vocodered wake-up, back to the wordy rappinghood rap. Then the track starts to build to a crescendo with the violins rising and falling, vocodered warbling "wake up, wake up, wake up" again. Instrumental bit with Mirwais' best take on disco. Then the track drops in energy as she screams in a processed voice "A NEW DEMOCRACY", as the music is low in energy she starts whispering the opening monologue again as the music starts to swell, this time with the Choir in the background, heavy chords slammed on the piano as the track grows and grows, untill only the choir remains repeating "We lost god control" untill they drop out as well and M repeats in a whispered voice "wake up wake up wake up" until it fades out!

Is it too odd for a single? It sound really exciting. I only hreard parts here and there. I am looking forward to the video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a hustle, yeah
It’s a hustle
It’s a con
It’s a hustle

It’s a weird kind of energy
A bizarre thing that happens to be
An abnormal fraternity
And I feel more then sympathy

We got to wake up, wake up, wake up
We need to wake up, wake up, wake up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, robster said:

Okay, beware of spoilers, detailed review of God Control:

The track opens with a continuation of the ending of Dark Ballet, you hear M huffing and puffing and breathing, then a solemn piano with M's vocals (she sounds like she has grills in her mouth, but for some reason it fits the tone of the lyrics, as her voice starts to get more and more aggrivated and aggresive as she continues). Talking about the state of the nation and how we need to wake up "When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh. They pretend to help, it makes me laugh." She finishes with "They say that we need love, but we need more then this", piano drops away for a bit, then the choir comes in full blast, repeating the line "We lost God Control". Then the track stops, and these disco tinged violins come in, you hear a few gun shots and bullet shells falling to the floor, a stewardess like vocal comes in saying "This is your wake-up call. I'm like your nightmare. I'm here to start your day!" Full on Disco instrumentation kicks in as M starts to sing "This is your wake-up call". Very catchy melody, with violins warbling, clapping, a fun beat, then comes the wordy rappinghood inspired rap section followed by a whispering M "everybody knows the damn truth, wake up" which goes into frantically warbling violins with a repeated and heavily vocodered Wake Up. Then later the violins drop out as the disco beat continues and she sings a new melody line "It's a weird kind of energy", then back into the vocodered wake-up, back to the wordy rappinghood rap. Then the track starts to build to a crescendo with the violins rising and falling, vocodered warbling "wake up, wake up, wake up" again. Instrumental bit with Mirwais' best take on disco. Then the track drops in energy as she screams in a processed voice "A NEW DEMOCRACY", as the music is low in energy she starts whispering the opening monologue again as the music starts to swell, this time with the Choir in the background, heavy chords slammed on the piano as the track grows and grows, untill only the choir remains repeating "We lost god control" untill they drop out as well and M repeats in a whispered voice "wake up wake up wake up" until it fades out!

OMG! I only heard 2x10 second clips, but the rest of it sounds incredible. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bat-Fan said:

Is it too odd for a single? It sound really exciting. I only hreard parts here and there. I am looking forward to the video

It's not a conventional song by any means, but it KICKS ASS! Only M could make a catchy, disco, dance track which is basically a cry for gun reform and gun control! It's a political statement wrapped in Disco beats, violins and clapping sounds! I can NOT wait to see the video for this one, this is going to be epic, and DAMN controversial. I could see why Eurovision would not want this to be performed on their stage, but if it had been she would have had the world crawling at her feet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm confused...I just listened to a supposed "leak" of God Control on twitter and it was just a piano and a little bit of beat........this wasn't the DISCO strings version snippet i heard elsewhere....am I listening to the wrong song?

 

 

Edited by MLVC82
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Omg but Leo!! No way! And the scenery!! No way the book can do better than Leo’s performance and all the breathtaking scenery... but I’ll have to read it now!! Didn’t know it was based on a book 😁

 It was written by Alex Garland who is now great director.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Andra said:

IDK how I'll resist till friday girls.

We will get there. Forever is a very long time.We can only listen to it for the first time once. Let’s make release day special.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, robster said:

It's not a conventional song by any means, but it KICKS ASS! Only M could make a catchy, disco, dance track which is basically a cry for gun reform and gun control! It's a political statement wrapped in Disco beats, violins and clapping sounds! I can NOT wait to see the video for this one, this is going to be epic, and DAMN controversial. I could see why Eurovision would not want this to be performed on their stage, but if it had been she would have had the world crawling at her feet!

It sounds awesome. I am wondering why she is holding off releasing the much talked about video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Detailed review of "I Don't Search I Find":

The song flat out opens with M singing "Finally enough love" in a very commanding voice. In the background you hear a very highpitched synth changing one tone to another, which is looped through most of the track, including finger snaps. Very slow and long intro. Some deep housey chords through out, then M's dreamy vocals come in "I don't search, I find" repeated a few times, at one point she sings the I Don't Seeaaaaaarch, and her voice is extended and pitched up higher and higher. Then the beat kicks in, full on 90's instrumentation, four to the floor. But in a very dreamy, laidback kind of way. Where God Control is high octane energy dancefloor stuff, this is more an after party kind of track. "I found love, I found something new. I found you, yeah I found you. Platinum gold, inside your soul". Her voice is really dreamy and searching over this soundscape of the best 90's house. Then the tracks goes off into these distorted warbles for a bit as if there is static on the track. Then the track stops with the exception of the two note synth loop, remniscent of Vogue's opening, finger snaps are added. In comes M with an Erotica like vocal, spoken word: "It's our gypsy blood. We life between life and death, waiting to move on. And in the end, we accept it. We shake hands with our fate and we walk past, there's no rest for us in this world, finally enough love!" As the beat is dropped over those vocals. After that the track slows down for a bit for some repeated vocals, beat comes back, now with added backing vocals by M, repeating the lyrics in backings. The song swells, as she repeats "Finally enough love" a few times this time with the most gorgeous backing vocal melody responding the lyrics back to her as the song gradually swells to the climax when she proclaims "finally enough love" as the pulsating synth fades us out...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ashtangi74 said:

Is God control the song from the instagram disco strings snippet she posted last year?

Yes! Imagine that looped bit I made back then, but then 200.000 times more energy and disco flavor!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

I'm confused...I just listened to a supposed "leak" of God Control on twitter and it was just a piano and a little bit of beat........this wasn't the DISCO strings version snippet i heard elsewhere....am I listening to the wrong song?

 

 

That is an unreleased Rebel Heart era demo, titled "God is Love", not related to God Control in any way!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't resist and listened to 1:30 of the song. 😭😭😭😭😭 Madonna I'm a sinner, but it's just PERFECT, I don't know another word to describe this and only listened to 1:30 of 6 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, robster said:

the choir comes in full blast, repeating the line "We lost God Control". Then the track stops, and these disco tinged violins come in, you hear a few gun shots and bullet shells falling to the floor

This part is soooooooo GOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, robster said:

Detailed review of "I Don't Search I Find":

The song flat out opens with M singing "Finally enough love" in a very commanding voice. In the background you hear a very highpitched synth changing one tone to another, which is looped through most of the track, including finger snaps. Very slow and long intro. Some deep housey chords through out, then M's dreamy vocals come in "I don't search, I find" repeated a few times, at one point she sings the I Don't Seeaaaaaarch, and her voice is extended and pitched up higher and higher. Then the beat kicks in, full on 90's instrumentation, four to the floor. But in a very dreamy, laidback kind of way. Where God Control is high octane energy dancefloor stuff, this is more an after party kind of track. "I found love, I found something new. I found you, yeah I found you. Platinum gold, inside your soul". Her voice is really dreamy and searching over this soundscape of the best 90's house. Then the tracks goes off into these distorted warbles for a bit as if there is static on the track. Then the track stops with the exception of the two note synth loop, remniscent of Vogue's opening, finger snaps are added. In comes M with an Erotica like vocal, spoken word: "It's our gypsy blood. We life between life and death, waiting to move on. And in the end, we accept it. We shake hands with our fate and we walk past, there's no rest for us in this world, finally enough love!" As the beat is dropped over those vocals. After that the track slows down for a bit for some repeated vocals, beat comes back, now with added backing vocals by M, repeating the lyrics in backings. The song swells, as she repeats "Finally enough love" a few times this time with the most gorgeous backing vocal melody responding the lyrics back to her as the song gradually swells to the climax when she proclaims "finally enough love" as the pulsating synth fades us out...

OMG!  🤯🤯🤯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I Don't Search I Find sounds like the perfect child between Erotica and Confessions. It's been a long time since a song made me feel really nostalgic. This will be magic in the clubs.

Faz Gostoso is extremely fun. The second part of the song (which is really different from the original) is amazing. Madonna actually sings a lot in portuguese.

Really looking foward to the whole album but I can't wait to hear God Control and Bitch I'm Loca.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, robster said:

Yes! Imagine that looped bit I made back then, but then 200.000 times more energy and disco flavor!

you should change the pic in your profile from resist to god control and it is the perfect single cover for God Control

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...