Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ursula said:

I have a question. Ppl say we should use a VPN for the streaming services that check the IP, but how can we set up the VPN to change said IP after every streams???

When I use my VPN, the proxy IP remains the same throughout the session.

I think that the VPN IP is undetectable or something so it never knows if it’s the same place/person 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ursula said:

Oh, thank you for the answer. Then there are specific VPNs that we must use? Mine doesn't do that. 

I’m not sure love. I’m also not very tech savvy when it comes to VPN’s and such...🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn’t able to use any of the premium Spotify accounts here so I just bought one. It’s only $9 for 3 months for newbies, enough time for me to stream Madame X 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2019 at 8:28 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I weep for humanity.

Madonna's fanbase is stronger and bigger than Taylor Swift's fanbase. How many will pay 500 pounds to go see Swift? Can Taylor Swift sell out a stadium in Portugal or Columbia? America is not the center of the world. Taylor Swift is a local artist for the most part. This is not to say she does nott do well elsewhere but her power is more localized. Madonna's fanbase just happens to be grown ass folk who do not have the time or dedication to repeatedly do what needs to be done these days to get her to chart. After the few days of Medellin, I eased off. Maybe we don't care enough about the charts or we just do not have the time. For instance Me. I do not go to spotify until I come here and read this thread and think okay go do your bit.

Since the first week I have been listening to my own copies of IRise and Medellin and Crave. I bought it. Why do I have to go listen to it on some other platform? What did I buy it for? That's the mentality of most Madonna fans I think and fans of a certain age which is why the older artists do not chart as much even though they more often than not are making better music. Taylor Swifts ME charted on the hot 100 right? Medellin did not. I Rise did not. Make that make sense. We can't. It's the time we live in. So we just have to accept it and move on.

Hope the album has good physical sales. Stream that when it comes out and see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Madonna's fanbase is stronger and bigger than Taylor Swift's fanbase. How many will pay 500 pounds to go see Swift? Can Taylor Swift sell out a stadium in Portugal or Columbia? America is not the center of the world. Taylor Swift is a local artist for the most part. This is not to say she does nott do well elsewhere but her power is more localized. Madonna's fanbase just happens to be grown ass folk who do not have the time or dedication to repeatedly do what needs to be done these days to get her to chart. After the few days of Medellin, I eased off. Maybe we don't care enough about the charts or we just do not have the time. For instance Me. I do not go to spotify until I come here and read this thread and think okay go do your bit.

Since the first week I have been listening to my own copies of IRise and Medellin and Crave. I bought it. Why do I have to go listen to it on some other platform? What did I buy it for? That's the mentality of most Madonna fans I think and fans of a certain age which is why the older artists do not chart as much even though they more often than not are making better music. Taylor Swifts ME charted on the hot 100 right? Medellin did not. I Rise did not. Make that make sense. We can't. It's the time we live in. So we just have to accept it and move on.

Hope the album has good physical sales. Stream that when it comes out and see what happens.

That s it ...I appreciate the effort of younger fans and what you ve posted is my way too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It pained me but I finally brought myself to delete the purchased Madame X songs from my iTunes library and replaced with the Apple Music versions. The realisation that I’d have to do this with most of my library is... I’ve decided not to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am streaming as much as I can on as many peoples account as I can. I pretty sure my boyfriends and best friends most played songs on spotify at the end of the year will all be Madonna even though they are only casual fans. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
8 hours ago, Jeby said:

Madonna's fanbase is stronger and bigger than Taylor Swift's fanbase. How many will pay 500 pounds to go see Swift? Can Taylor Swift sell out a stadium in Portugal or Columbia? America is not the center of the world. Taylor Swift is a local artist for the most part. This is not to say she does nott do well elsewhere but her power is more localized. Madonna's fanbase just happens to be grown ass folk who do not have the time or dedication to repeatedly do what needs to be done these days to get her to chart. After the few days of Medellin, I eased off. Maybe we don't care enough about the charts or we just do not have the time. For instance Me. I do not go to spotify until I come here and read this thread and think okay go do your bit.

Since the first week I have been listening to my own copies of IRise and Medellin and Crave. I bought it. Why do I have to go listen to it on some other platform? What did I buy it for? That's the mentality of most Madonna fans I think and fans of a certain age which is why the older artists do not chart as much even though they more often than not are making better music. Taylor Swifts ME charted on the hot 100 right? Medellin did not. I Rise did not. Make that make sense. We can't. It's the time we live in. So we just have to accept it and move on.

Hope the album has good physical sales. Stream that when it comes out and see what happens.

I think you underestimate Taylor's fan base.  Whether you like or her not, she does have a broad base of fans that are well into their adult years. I'm from France and she's is well know here by a lot of adults. She did up her game with her RED album and since then she's become quite global.  Certainly, I agree much of her fan base is made up of those who are younger, so she has that advantage when it comes to streaming, etc.  The real question here is if she will last nearly 40 years in the music business as Madonna has.  Madonna may not have the same pull and push she used to, but she still has enough clout and fans to help her always maintain some mainstream exposure.  People are still fascinated with Madonna, whether they hate her or love her.  She's quite polarizing and that's been a key to some of her staying power. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Amelia said:

I think you underestimate Taylor's fan base.  Whether you like or her not, she does have a broad base of fans that are well into their adult years. I'm from France and she's is well know here by a lot of adults. She did up her game with her RED album and since then she's become quite global.  Certainly, I agree much of her fan base is made up of those who are younger, so she has that advantage when it comes to streaming, etc.  The real question here is if she will last nearly 40 years in the music business as Madonna has.  Madonna may not have the same pull and push she used to, but she still has enough clout and fans to help her always maintain some mainstream exposure.  People are still fascinated with Madonna, whether they hate her or love her.  She's quite polarizing and that's been a key to some of her staying power. 

No she won’t last 40 years like M! I only heard her new song this week and can safely say that at 60 years old Madonna can still produce a better/superior 1st Single (Medellin) than Taylor (Hey!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 hours ago, Lolasmommy said:

No she won’t last 40 years like M! I only heard her new song this week and can safely say that at 60 years old Madonna can still produce a better/superior 1st Single (Medellin) than Taylor (Hey!)

Then again, a lot of people didn't think Madonna was going to last, so that goes to show you that anything is possible.  I don't dislike Taylor.  She has a few songs I like.  I do hear she's got a strong business sense about things. I guess that's why some fans get a bit competitive about her and Madonna.  To me, she doesn't have that same "it" factor, Madonna has always had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2019 at 3:57 PM, Amelia said:

Then again, a lot of people didn't think Madonna was going to last, so that goes to show you that anything is possible.  I don't dislike Taylor.  She has a few songs I like.  I do hear she's got a strong business sense about things. I guess that's why some fans get a bit competitive about her and Madonna.  To me, she doesn't have that same "it" factor, Madonna has always had.

Exactly. 

To me Taylor doesn't have the same mass appealing Madonna has had over the years. Don't get me wrong, Taylor is very successful and she might be well known in many countries, but I feel she doesn't have that same shock factor either. Taylor for instance is not that famous in Latin America, some young people know about her existence but others just don't know her that well. I do think that Madonna, however, is known basically everywhere and latinos love her for instance. I think she pretty much dominated all markets including Europe, North America, Asia and Latin America. 

Taylor has never really set trends for me, she doesn't push the envelope like Madonna. Madonna is a true visionary. She's simply unique.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People, we never know how music industry will develop (we didn't expect the streaming era for instance) and so we will never know which mechanisms will be used to promte the artists and push their music (money will always be the key though). Now is streaming extremely important and yes, many artists are profiting from it, others aren't. Many of them (like Taylor) were already successful before the streaming era and are managing to remain successful, others don't. But the point is: no one of the "new" artists generation has the power that Madonna has and they won't cause the impact Madonna caused. Now Madonna seems to many people to be "irrelevant" but it is just a matter of time till it changes and her legacy and relevance gets recognized again. No offense, but I don't believe AT ALL that Taylor, Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Beyonnce and MANY others will remain doing music, beeing creative and pushing boundaries like Madonna for 20, 30, 40 years. They will be remembered but that special thing Madonna has is what makes her a legend and you can't buy it. Now it is difficult for her to be listened by big audiences but it doesn't change the fact that she is the ultimative pop legend.  I am saying that more from a general perspective than as a fan. It is a fact.

Edited by Geiger83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shocked there’s only been 2 mixes of Medellin. It’s still the most played song in uk on radio 2 , it’s still a great bop. They really could have done more with selling the song . The optimism , video launch etc was largely positive. Few dance mixes would keep it going as again disappointingly Crave is becoming the new ghosttown 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Shocked there’s only been 2 mixes of Medellin. It’s still the most played song in uk on radio 2 , it’s still a great bop. They really could have done more with selling the song . The optimism , video launch etc was largely positive. Few dance mixes would keep it going as again disappointingly Crave is becoming the new ghosttown 

yea they gave up on it way too soon

it could have been a hit here if it received just a bare minimum of promotion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I stream from apple music, but turn my phone volume all the way down, does it still count?

I figure it's like streaming on youtube (not muted) but turning my laptop device volume all the way down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Logan said:

If I stream from apple music, but turn my phone volume all the way down, does it still count?

I figure it's like streaming on youtube (not muted) but turning my laptop device volume all the way down.

it count only if not muted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2019 at 11:30 AM, Eyeslikethedesert said:

Medellin moved up from #16 to #7 on the Billboard dance chart... will she make it to #1?

Most likely Yes. The club DJs are very fond of her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, Jeby said:

Madonna's fanbase is stronger and bigger than Taylor Swift's fanbase. How many will pay 500 pounds to go see Swift? Can Taylor Swift sell out a stadium in Portugal or Columbia? America is not the center of the world. Taylor Swift is a local artist for the most part. This is not to say she does nott do well elsewhere but her power is more localized. Madonna's fanbase just happens to be grown ass folk who do not have the time or dedication to repeatedly do what needs to be done these days to get her to chart. After the few days of Medellin, I eased off. Maybe we don't care enough about the charts or we just do not have the time. For instance Me. I do not go to spotify until I come here and read this thread and think okay go do your bit.

Since the first week I have been listening to my own copies of IRise and Medellin and Crave. I bought it. Why do I have to go listen to it on some other platform? What did I buy it for? That's the mentality of most Madonna fans I think and fans of a certain age which is why the older artists do not chart as much even though they more often than not are making better music. Taylor Swifts ME charted on the hot 100 right? Medellin did not. I Rise did not. Make that make sense. We can't. It's the time we live in. So we just have to accept it and move on.

Hope the album has good physical sales. Stream that when it comes out and see what happens.

It is because MADONNA's team are so dumb when it comes to chart strategies. Either they are dumb or simply don't. 

Can you imagine if Medellín was released as one song first and not part of any pre orders? It was able to reach #7 in the US for a time, and that is excluding purchases made through pre orders. We can only guess how many Madonna fans immediately pre ordered it and did not realize their purchase didn't count for the song for it is part of the pre order. Releasing it song by song first is a strategy that can give it a big boost for a Hot 100 placing. 

Fans will buy the whole album anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over 19 million streams on Spotify now. It has been her most streamed song since release㊗️㊗️㊗️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2019 at 6:15 AM, lautert said:

Medellín is at #1 in italian charts combined, such a pity it won't chart higher on the singles chart due to streaming 

I heard about Streaming.   its all about streaming. 

im very frustrated no single ever enter to Top Hot 100 ? im mean really ? or too early to tell ?

the only hope we are waiting for is her album Madame X to hit no 1 spot and I will be okay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rekha said:

Over 19 million streams on Spotify now. It has been her most streamed song since release㊗️㊗️㊗️

im very frustrated no single ever enter to Top Hot 100 ?  im really hoping for CRAVE single will chart  . but.....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mtzlplk said:

It is because MADONNA's team are so dumb when it comes to chart strategies. Either they are dumb or simply don't. 

Can you imagine if Medellín was released as one song first and not part of any pre orders? It was able to reach #7 in the US for a time, and that is excluding purchases made through pre orders. We can only guess how many Madonna fans immediately pre ordered it and did not realize their purchase didn't count for the song for it is part of the pre order. Releasing it song by song first is a strategy that can give it a big boost for a Hot 100 placing. 

Fans will buy the whole album anyway. 

Madonna fan base is bigger and stronger than Taylor Swift ?  you think so?  but why the Taylor's music video got 2 millions views within 24 hours and enters Hot 100 and landed in top10 so fast.  i dont get it ,  i just dont get it .

Edited by Bradie80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are Medellin remixes available for sale on ITunes? 

Are Medellin remixes also available on Spotify, Apple or other streaming providers? 

Edited by metalissimo
Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...