Time for another one of my THE GIRLIE SHOW amazingness threads

Dr Lecter

And how about this vid of Philadelphia going absolute CRAZy over M and the backups singing Rain?

I NEED this entire reccording

I NEED this entire reccording

There's crystal clear fan footage of "holiday pt II" out there. She was performing while the Philadelphia Phillies were competing for the World Series with the Toronto blue jays in the stadium right next to where M was perfing. She had a blue jays fan come up on stage to do the push-ups and the crowd starts booing. PLUS she sings a different version of her small dick jingle and hints at guitarist Paul Pesco eating her pussy.

This clip use to be on YouTube, but it seems to be gone :(

Guest Rachelle of London

PERFECTION.

Hands down... my favorite Madonna tour of all time.

A pure work of art. In every sense of the word.

What the Confessions tour is to so many fans now, that's what this tour is to me.

And the BEST band and musical direction/arrangement she has EVER had.

While Blond Ambition was iconic and defined her status as a star of the highest magnitude...The Girlie Show defined and solidified her as a TRUE artist.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Brought a seventy dollar ticket off someone for GS during day of show. Remember thinking it cost so much at the time because I was very young and had no money. :chuckle:

The people in my section were AWFUL. No one near my seating showed any enthusiasm or danced for the entire concert. Remember thinking the audience looked so bland and older than me!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the girlie show.. Still one of my top 3

I wish I'd seen it live but most of it would've gone over my head. I didn't appreciate the show until few laters later when I was a bit older and was able to understand all the references, themes, etc. I absolutely love the band from that tour - definitely her most organic show ever musically. Genius!