Madonna in The War of Art

I just stumbled upon a Madonna mention in The War of Art by Steven Pressfield.

“A PROFESSIONAL

DISTANCES HERSELF
FROM HER INSTRUMENT
The pro stands at one remove from her instrument— meaning her person, her body, her voice, her talent; the physical, mental, emotional, and psychological being she uses in her work. She does not identify with this instrument. It is simply what God gave her, what she has to work with. She assesses it coolly, impersonally, objectively.
The professional identifies with her consciousness and her will, not with the matter that her consciousness and will manipulate to serve her art. Does Madonna walk around the house in cone bras and come-fuck-me bustiers? She’s too busy planning D-Day. Madonna does not identify with “Madonna.” Madonna employs “Madonna.”
Excerpt From: Steven Pressfield. “The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle.” iBooks.

Interesting. Hm.. I'm not sure, perhaps to some extent but I don't see Madonna as completely "detached" in this way. It reminds me somehow of the autonomy of art debacle in art historical theory.

I can picture her absolutely detached, and even tired and bored of her public persona. I guess that's why she reinvents herself so many times, and why sometimes she says that she "hates" certain songs.

I agree. Part of Madonna's mental sanity, as compared to, say Michael Jackson, is her detachment from Madonna the popstar, IMO.

When it comes to the superstardom - The Being Madonna I guess can be a bit Being John Malcovic and I think her kids have grounded her more than anything. But when it comes to her music I always feel it comes from herself, not removed one step from her core.