Appreciate The Songs its OK to Hate On

Guest Pud Whacker

I love PUSH. Madonna's confession to herself.

And, I love all songs mentioned in this thread.

I love MADONNA!!!

Actually i don't hate any Madonna song :rotfl:

Neither do I. Some tracks take a little more time to grow on me because they either sounded underwhelming at first listen or I was perhaps not in a good or ready mood at that point of hearing it. I love some more than others, but appreciate all of it. Her astounding output over her career is truly the evidence of her brilliance. I just can't hate on any of her songs.

It's funny to me when fans say, "Oh that's so not a Madonna song" or "It's out of character for her". That's crazy because haven't they already realized that she has always been diverse in her composition, sonic and vocal delivery choices? Her ability to integrate these choices in pared-down form, or with a slow burn or mid-tempo or fast groove, or just plain fun pieces is why she is unparalleled.

GMAYL, Jimmy Jimmy, Shoo-Be-Doo, Superstar, Birthday Song, Hey You. :inlove:

:D So happy Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round are getting some love, they are such fun tracks. And White Heat... True Blue is just a perfect record to me.

Revolver too - it's so sexy!

Some others I don't think were mentioned... I'd Rather Be Your Lover; Dear Father (demo) - love this one so much

I love MADONNA!!!

+1!

David, I appreciate your participation but nobody hates those. So what are you talking about?

I've never seen heaps of people hating on Stay 81! :lol:

in that case I would say Can't stop

madonna-whos-that-girl.jpg

Everyone seems to think this is a piece of shit:

I think it's sexy, confident declaration about herself! UGH! I LOVE IT.

I don't. It's always been one of my favorites from MDNA.

Some of the "duds" are my favourites!

In This Life, I'd Rather Be Your Lover, I'm So Stupid, Push, Incredible, Spanish Lesson, Celebration, Revolver and Turn Up the Radio are fucking DIVINE.

Stay, Pretender, Love Song, Runaway Lover, Amazing, I Love NY, Hey You, Dance 2Night, Girl Gone Wild, Give Me All Your Luvin, Superstar, Best Friend are all fabulous!

I also find nothing wrong with Shoo-Bee-Doo, White Heat, Jimmy Jimmy, Love Makes the World Go Round, Don't Stop, Voices, Some Girls, B-Day Song, Auto-Tune Baby.

I love to perform Cry Baby and I'm Going Bananas at home.

I'm Breathless, Music and Hard Candy are flawless. NOT SORRY!

Honestly, almost all M songs are pretty good! M discography is incredibly consistent and diverse, especially when compared to the embarrassing s**t her peers have released over the years. It's also a SIN she does not receive more credit for her music besides the obvious hits. :mad:

I love MADONNA!!!

I love push too!

That chorus when you hear only backing vocals. 'every race I win......' etc :inlove:

Oh, I love most of these songs!

I love love I'd Rather Be Your Lover (that's right!)

I love love Candy Shop

I love love Turn Up The Radio

I love Think of Me

I love Shoo-Be-Doo

I love Jimmy Jimmy

I love Love Makes the World Go Round (chick chick-ahh)

I love Can't Stop

I love Love Song

I love Don't Stop

I love Incredible

I love Celebration

I love (ohh la la) Superstar

I like Me Against The Music

I like I Love New York

I like Push

I like 4 Minutes

I like Spanish Lesson

I like Revolver

I like GMAYL

I like B-Day Song

I've learned to appreciate In This Life, however, even though I've tried, Some Girls always leaves me cold...

I don't consider Did You Do It a Madonna song so... whatever.

And I won't name that poo-stastic turd that Esther dumped on us last decade.

American Pie. Never understood all the hate for that one. I know it's almost sacreligious for me to say this as an American, but I much prefer Madonna's version than the tedious 8+ minute original from Don McLean.

Oh, another one, Give Me All Your Luvin. It's amazing. Why do people hate it? WHY?!?!

because it kind of flopped.

it seems it's more ok to hate when it flops.

a dedicated appreciation thread should be made about this perfection of a pop song

https://youtu.be/GkF7zzvek6M

and still on this forum 90% hates it....but by now i know well the tastes here.... :chuckle:

I love that song!!! Definitely one of my favorites from LAP.