PHILLY SEPT. 24th

Stephen

Is anyone else going to this show concerned about getting there with the whole Pope vist going on? So much talk about closed roads, bridges, and tons of people is stressing me about. I know he's not in the city until Saturday but the news is saying this stuff will be going on before Saturday. I was/am hoping that a concert on Thursday would still be ok. Ugh, I've waited so long for this show I hope I get there with no trouble. I live 15 minutes from the venue but I'm in NJ so I have to take one of the bridges to get there. I think the one I normally take will not be closing so that's good.

Is anyone else going to this show concerned about getting there with the whole Pope vist going on? So much talk about closed roads, bridges, and tons of people is stressing me about. I know he's not in the city until Saturday but the news is saying this stuff will be going on before Saturday. I was/am hoping that a concert on Thursday would still be ok. Ugh, I've waited so long for this show I hope I get there with no trouble. I live 15 minutes from the venue but I'm in NJ so I have to take one of the bridges to get there. I think the one I normally take will not be closing so that's good.

There shouldn't be any worries. The stadiums are in south philly, away from center city, I doubt there will be any road closures in that area. Are you taking Walt Whitman? That's prob your best bet as it's the closest to the arena.

There shouldn't be any worries. The stadiums are in south philly, away from center city, I doubt there will be any road closures in that area. Are you taking Walt Whitman? That's prob your best bet as it's the closest to the arena.

Yeah, I'm taking the Walt Whitman - I always take that one for concerts. I'm about 10 minutes from the bridge (not even) and I plan on leaving right after work (around 5) - even if I do have to wait for hours before Madonna comes on, at least I'll be there!

They are creating a "box" over the city, and schools are closed beginning Wed. Who does the pope think he is? Madonna, or something!

I know, right?!

Schools are closed on Wednesday? wow! I'm going to have anxiety over this until i'm pulling into the parking lot at the Wells Fargo Center!

Found this article outlining the 'Security Zone' Only the Ben Franklin Bridge is being closed. Stick to 76 or 95, and you should be good. I'd tack on extra travel time though.

http://6abc.com/religion/city-residents-react-to-security-zones-for-papal-visit/930202/

thanks for posting the article. I mean, they have to realize that there are events going on so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue. I definitley will be getting there early.

Well I hope Madonna is staying somewhere near the airport and not in center city! She'd be late as fuck with all the traffic coming from the city.

^

Well I hope Madonna is staying somewhere near the airport and not in center city! She'd be late as fuck with all the traffic coming from the city.

Not if she chips in, too, and rents a helicopter with us! We'll get her there on time.

PS there's no way she's staying in Philly. She'll fly in from NY

^Not if she chips in, too, and rents a helicopter with us! We'll get her there on time.

PS there's no way she's staying in Philly. She'll fly in from NY

Yeah let's hope she knows about the pope and builds in extra travel time.

I'm going. I have 3 tickets for this concert. I cannot wait!!