{Do you like to boogie woogie?
Do you like to boogie woogie?
Do you like my acid rock?}

{Do you like to boogie woogie?
Do you like my acid rock?

I think a lot of fans were concerned when they first read the lyrics to this song especially after the soul-searching lyrics on ROL . "Do you like to boogie woogie?" and "Hey Mr. DJ put a record on" didn't seem very thoughtful or ground-breaking. But then the song premiered and it all somehow made sense and was so instantly pure Madonna pop at its best. The song managed to sound both nostalgic and futuristic at the same time and was like nothing else on the radio at the time. This song is so anthemic and it's not hard to see why it became such a staple in her live shows. The song's message of "Music makes the people come together" is so simple yet so universal and true. Just look around at any concert or music festival and you see music as the universal language bringing people together from all walks of life - magically breaking down boundaries for a couple of hours. It has transcended beyond being a song about partying and having a good time and that is the mark of a true classic.

Favorite Lyric: Touches everything I'm in, Got to have it every day

Favorite Musical Part: The outro

Favorite Vocal Part: The repeated "Music" before the first chorus

Favorite Live Performance: DW Tour

One Word That Sums Up This Song: Unity

I agree. It was a dramatic transition from the ROL era. The lyrics and the title were too simple and it worked! thank God for this timeless gem. It was a wonderful ride with Mirwais on board and everybody loved it. A totally fresh sound with folk and electronica.

Favorite Lyric: Don't think of yesterday and I don't

look at the clock.

Favorite Musical Part: The outro

Favorite Vocal Part: acid rock!

Favorite Live Performance: DWT performance :wow:

One Word That Sums Up This Song: Funky!

I remember first hearing this on the radio after it was initially released. I remember thinking :think: what a kick ass booty shaker after her releasing several mellower lead off singles during the nineties. This was no secret, you'll see, YMLM, or frozen. She was ready to dance again! :yes:

:semifunny: Scrolling down reading the lyrics that was my first thought too, wow, who would have ever thought this would have been a hit.

I love this whole time period. I thought it was perfect to have an album like Music follow the ROL album.

I never, ever hear it on the radio anymore though, does anyone else?

I remember this being released and being so excited. The video was on MTV all the time but they'd only show half because of the strip club in the second half. I bought the single and helped it reach number 1!

Guest Peaches

Amazing song. I remember driving up to college blasting the remixes on repeat. The DWT performance (and that video backdrop!) only make the song that much more iconic.

when a snippet leaked....yes....it happens....i thought...what's that mess???

but then it was released in its full glory....loved from the start!!! epic euphoric song....

best of the many great live performances??? for sure Music Inferno, but how can you resist to the L8 one?

I love this song so much!

My 3rd favorite from M's catalogue.

When i heard it on the radio, it was about 11 a.m and I could not stopo calling the station asking for it to play again. Hopefully, lots of people did it again because for several days it was the most played song on Radio sations in Rio.

Singles are not sold in here so, i had to import mine to listen to it everyday 'till i got my copy of the album!