Her backing vocals in This Used to be my Playground

karbatal

One of my fav Madonna songs is TUTBMP, not only because of the lyrics and the beautiful melody, but because of the backing vocals. Love it when she does her own vocals, like in Secret or You'll See.

The beautiful Mattress has posted a instrumental of Secret with all the backing vocals. Do you guys know if there's an instrumental with all the backing vocals of TUTBMP? I would be so happy...

Meanwhile, let's enjoy this SONG (with capitals), and this incredibly beautiful orgy of beauty that is Madonna's face in the video

http://youtu.be/EZuiAVTmJoQ

One of my fav Madonna songs is TUTBMP, not only because of the lyrics and the beautiful melody, but because of the backing vocals. Love it when she does her own vocals, like in Secret or You'll See.

The beautiful Mattress has posted a instrumental of Secret with all the backing vocals. Do you guys know if there's an instrumental with all the backing vocals of TUTBMP? I would be so happy...

Meanwhile, let's enjoy this SONG (with capitals), and this incredibly beautiful orgy of beauty that is Madonna's face in the video

By the way, can you repost Secret instrumental with the backing vocals?

I always thought it sounded like a combination of Madonna, Donna & Niki singing background vocals on this song, but it's hard to tell. Do you guys think it's just Madonna doing all of the harmonies like in Rain? I know Donna & Niki aren't credited anywhere but they did do background vocals for the Erotica sessions and this song was recorded during the same sessions. Thoughts?

I always thought it sounded like a combination of Madonna, Donna & Niki singing background vocals on this song, but it's hard to tell. Do you guys think it's just Madonna doing all of the harmonies like in Rain? I know Donna & Niki aren't credited anywhere but they did do background vocals for the Erotica sessions and this song was recorded during the same sessions. Thoughts?

I thought the same but I guess it was all M work. Hard to tell when Donna has pretty much the same voice. ;)

I thought the same but I guess it was all M work. Hard to tell when Donna has pretty much the same voice. ;)

True! I suppose it's still possible that they did do vocals and simply weren't credited...since it never appeared on one of her studio albums the full credits for the song aren't really listed anywhere. The single only lists Madonna & Shep Pettibone as writers/producers and Jeremy Lubbock as string arranger. Like all Pettibone productions, I'm sure there were more people involved in the track than that...it doesn't even mention which orchestra was used. Never bought Barcelona Gold so I don't know if it contains the full list of credits, but seeing as it's a compilation I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have any additional information either.