Madonna - Wonderful news as school in Pakistan is opened.

Jazzy Jan

Madonna’s ‘revolution of love’ builds Dream School for girls in Pakistan

A YEAR after pledging to build a school for girls in Pakistan, Madonna has seen her dream realised, with the pop icon taking to Instagram to announce the opening.

“The Revolution of Love continues in Pakistan! The Dream School is finally finished. 1200 kids attending. Knowledge is Power! #rayoflight #livingforlove,” reads her enthusiastic caption.

Madonna, who also raises funds for girls’ education in Malawi, and wants to do something similar in Afghanistan, has long spoken about her admiration for Humaira Bachal, a Pakistani woman who has campaigned for better education for young girl

Speaking at the Chime For Change event in London last year, Madonna said, “Let’s help Humaira build a bigger school in Pakistan! How ‘bout this? You build the first floor, I’ll build the rest of the school. Let’s do this together!”
1484143_10152752394169402_45758591804643

“Let’s do more than ring the chimes for change,” Madonna said. “Let’s bang the gong for a revolution where we support one another regardless of race, religion or gender, OK? A revolution that promotes peace and demands equality! I invite you all to join my revolution of love. Are you ready?

“The revolution of love starts here. The revolution is on. Are you with me?”

998874_10152752326604402_217738313667918

Amazing!! Now let's hope the medias won't use this against Madonna in a way or another (like they always do).

"We support one another regardless of gender"...She opens up a girls only school, how sexist!

Ugh that is exactly what they're going to criticize her for. Please don't jinx it.

Australian sarcasm :) I think it's a wonderful gift and very generous of her to open schools in underprivileged communities. She just now needs to open up a hard candy gym in Afghanstan.