• Miles Away
    • Celebration
    • Revolver
    • Give Me All Your Luvin
    • Girl Gone Wild
    • Turn Up The Radio
    • Other

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I guess GMAYL, not because it's the worst one in there (Me Against Good Music, I'm looking in your direction), but because as a lead single it had to be much better than it was, thus making it worst single. I actually like the solo Madonna «"demo"» version, without the annoying raps.

I liked most of her singles until Hard Candy, but disliked "Justify My Love" and "You Must Love Me" on first listen.

Her vocal sounds forced on both of them, and like bad demos.

I think song that everyone learned that she could really sing was "Love Don't Live Here Anymore."

I guess GMAYL, not because it's the worst one in there (Me Against Good Music, I'm looking in your direction), but because as a lead single it had to be much better than it was, thus making it worst single. I actually like the solo Madonna «"demo"» version, without the annoying raps.

I totally forgot about the leaked demo. I also thought for some reason it sounded much better than the official version.

I totally forgot about the leaked demo. I also thought for some reason it sounded much better than the official version.

the demo sounded more hyper.. I relistened again some weeks back and i think the demo was better

Either One More Chance or GMAYL. While I consider both of them to be Madonna's worst singles of the 90's and the post-00's, I only think one of them is actually one of her all-time worst songs and that song is GMAYL. It's kind of like Spanish Lesson, enjoyable at times but for Madonna-standards complete utter shit. While SL actually has quite a good production GMAYL fails at that. Eventhough it's lyrics seem to make more sense than SL's, they are drowned in the shittiness of it's production and the hideous cheerleader chant. The rap verses are the best part of the song and that is really sad, considering they are not performed by M.

Another song I consider a bad single choice is Dear Jessie. I love the song, because I remember listening to it when I was younger. I do think, however that it's b-side, Till Death Do Us Part or Spanish Eyes, since it was a christmas release should have been released as a single. I think it really wasn't fair to leave those two songs completely neglected, because they are standouts from LAP imo and should've gotten the exposure and recognition they deserve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AL and GMAYL!

Both dreadful songs.....especially as leads!

She is trying to be something she isn't on both tracks.

AL Completly killed her creadability after a commercial high.....the rap is terrible, YES the video is amazing.....but in my mind it wouldn't of saved the album or the song....

But it was the FIRST (and last so far...) time she had made an amazing memorable video to a bad forgettable song!

GMAYL was cheesy, tacky and sounded like Katy Perry should of been singing it!

The fact she choose to premier it at the Bowl was horrendous.....this was her BIGGEST audience in America....forget radio, EVERYONE was watching, regardless of her age ect. And she chose to run with that? YIKES!

Completely 100% agree

I quite liked 'Turn Up The Radio' actually.

I agree, I think it is a good solid song. My only criticism of it, is I wish it was called "Turn up the music" or Turn up the stereo or something different. The word radio sounds very 20th century to me. I mean yeah I guess people listen to the radio on the way to work or something but radio era is ....i don't know...it just seems old fashioned to me.

but the song is a pretty decent song, like her lyrics and Solveig's production is pretty decent. But it is a very ( pardon the pun , radio* friendly track off MDNA)

* yes, I see the irony of my statement, I stand by what i said.

• 4 months later...

I really like One More Chance, I see why some don't though. It does have this feeling that it should be sung by someone else. Nonetheless I think she carries it off well.

Me too, I love One More Chance. I'd say Revolver is probably her worst single, but I still kinda like it.

I actually love 4 Minutes.

I love you! :smooch:

4 Minutes should not be on this list. How can a WW hit make it onto this list? It worked incredibly well as a single and it gained a lot of interest in the album. The song itself isn't even bad. The only that's annoying imo is that it's a duet and the lyrics aren't too great either. But the lyrics for Music and Hung Up aren't great either so I don't really get the hate for this. Would you guys have preferred Candy Shop as the lead single? Or Give It 2 Me (which would've flopped really hard if released as the lead single)? Also American Pie and Celebration...those were notable hit singles that promoted their respective albums.

The same goes for MATM, apart from the fact that it's not even a Madonna song it did fairly well and it was released shortly after the VMA's which was a really smart move to promote In the Zone.

Give Me All Your Luvin' deserves to be mentioned due to the fact that it was released as the lead single from MDNA and not just a promotional single as it should've been or even just the b-side to the official first single and not even part of the actual album.

Girl Gone Wild would've been a killer lead single! It's generic but it has produced some of Madonna's most iconic visuals and a lot of non-fans seem to genuinely like it. Too bad the underperformance of GMAYL prevented every other single to be at least a bit successful.

Turn Up the Radio completed the trifecta of immaturity that ended being what ppl imagined MDNA to sound like when it was the exact opposite!

Where is Love Don't Live Here Anymore? A cover recorded in 1985, then remixed and released as a single 11 years later, even getting video treatment and ending up being her biggest flop ever until idk...2003?

I think her worst single has got to be One More Chance. Is M even aware that this song has been released as a single? It was a filler on STR and releasing it as a single has got to be the most pointless thing that happened throughout her career single-wise besides releasing LDLHA. Only difference LDLHA is actually really good.

Dear Jessie is a beautiful song but the fact that Till Death Do Us Part never saw a single-release is still making me incredibly mad.

• 2 weeks later...