Ciccone or Cicconi ?

Pressston

:rotfl:

Unfortunately, since the beginning, the press in italy has never been so kind with her......a case study of envious and jealousy.....i remember at the beginning they were all saying the same..."she can't sing, she can't dance, she's not beautiful.....so why she's famous....? oh yes....strange outfits and scandal...".....even during her mdna shows in italy some "critics" of some major newspapers were all negative and making stupid and non-sense comparisons with Springsteen (that had dates near the madonna ones on the same venues)

Absolutely :thumbsup:
Such a pity, considering that in Italy, more than in any other place, television, media and the arts world at large are crammed with "the son of this and that" sort of people and if they aren't, they are some of the most pathetic, recommended, unprofessional buffoons and starlets you'll ever meet.
It's amazing how you can't seem to escape a news report or a newspaper article with some stupid anglicism used in place of a perfectly already existing Italian word to express the same concept. Never mind most of them cannot even speak a word of English. Well to be honest, compared to most other nationalities, a vast majority of Italian people cannot speak English. Apparently it's a COOL accessory to some of those precious Italian intellectuals.
In the quintessentially and eternally sexist Italian press a comparison between "talented" Sprinsteen's successful dates and Madonna simply HAS TO be brought up, doesn't it? How couldn't they? Never mind all these other great MALE performers keep doing the same concert forever, a lot of times showing considerable strain in their LIVE voices and last but not least Madonna's box office results were the highest in Italy for the year 2012 among all concert productions, national or international, :thumbsup: as reported by the Italian version of ASCAP. the SIAE company.

Vande and XXL, I always thought that the Italian press loved Madonna. I know the Italian public do as witnessed by her continuing popularity and concert sales in Italy. Seems though that the press in general regarding Madonna is the same worldwide. :mellow: Why are they comparing Madonna to Bruce Springsteen ? Her concerts were huge sellers. Are they implying he is more talented or something like that ? One thing that always is noticeable to me is how when discussing Madonna, her age is constantly bought up and mocked whilst Bruce's age is never even mentioned yet he is 9 years older than Madonna.

Guest Rachelle of London

Why do I vaguely remember M saying they grew up not pronouncing their surname correctly and it wasn't until a relative came back from Italy they realised they'd been getting it wrong.

Vande and XXL, I always thought that the Italian press loved Madonna. I know the Italian public do as witnessed by her continuing popularity and concert sales in Italy. Seems though that the press in general regarding Madonna is the same worldwide. :mellow: Why are they comparing Madonna to Bruce Springsteen ? Her concerts were huge sellers. Are they implying he is more talented or something like that ? One thing that always is noticeable to me is how when discussing Madonna, her age is constantly bought up and mocked whilst Bruce's age is never even mentioned yet he is 9 years older than Madonna.

not saying that i have a little feeling bruce made some little "adjustement", but this is never brought up :laugh:

in this particular case, there was a "special" of the main italian journal's music critic that made a live twitter from the concert in milan....and already the day before the concert he was saying how fantastic bruce's show was and how little expections he had from madonna....then, during the concert he was a constant "it's boring", "lipsynch", "audience is bored" "oh, like a prayer is good" "bruce was another thing".

the funny thing is, trashing her, they almost always put wrong things in they're article....apparently "Isaac" was on mdna setlist...and once i've read a negative review (kind of "chasing the trends") of ROL before the album was out....