Why Harvard Needs A Class On Madonna

Raf

With nearly a quarter of new businesses being started by entrepreneurs age 55 or older, retirement is no longer the only next move for baby boomers. But reinventing yourself can be difficult, so an inspiration is important.

How about Madonna?

Career coach Roy Cohen spoke with HuffPost Live's Ricky Camilleri about the best re-inventor, so to speak. When Camilleri jokingly suggested Madonna, Cohen agreed.

"You know what, you’re absolutely right," Cohen said. "I think they should teach Madonna at Harvard Business School, not IBM. We need to figure out who’s doing it right and stays on the cutting edge and that should be our role model."

The video here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/05/reinventing-yourself_n_5453703.html

I mentioned awhile ago how there should be a Pop culture/Madonna class in every school. It should be mandatory to study this amazing one of a kind bitch. :laugh:

There have been plenty of academic courses on Madonna- recall the early 1990s, and the publication of academic analyses on her and her work.

CULTURALLY ENRICHING. :gent:

There have been plenty of academic courses on Madonna- recall the early 1990s, and the publication of academic analyses on her and her work.

:smug:

:clap:

She needs to set up a school for gifted youngsters.

I think of art for freedom could somehow create funding for struggling artists that would be amazing.

:wow: :wow:

I would also love for Harvard Business School to do a case study for Madonna - they've done one for Oprah Winfrey and other incredible successful entertainers as well.

There's an interesting case study from ESMT (the European School of Management and Technology) called Madonna - Strategy on the Dance Floor by Jamie Anderson and Martin Krupp. It's interesting how they break down the history of her career into various lessons business students can learn. CULTURALLY ENRICHING, as HolidayGuy would say :thumbsup: