Tori Amos covers Frozen in Amsterdam

le smoking

Has Madonna ever commented on Tori Amos?

Once Tori said that she was open to write songs for orther arists, but she said that nobody has ever asked her for a song, hahahaha. It's true that Madonna's voice doesn't fit with some Tori works, but other ones could have been sung by Madonna, like Crucify, Rapsberry or Jaquie's Strenght.

Or the beautiful One Thousand Oceans

My favorite Tori comment on Madonna was when she was asked if she would work with M and she said

"I absolutely respect her but I wouldn't be able to work with her. Two lionesses, different sides of the Serengueti"

I rememeber a quote, something like this:

I can listen to Crazy for You and it can make me smile. But if you want to talk about the music, the MUSIC that changed changed people, you need to talk a lot more about Chrissie Hynde and a lot less about Madonna. She was singing about hole before there was Hole.

Ah, the two great loves of my music life~~~. I remember reading Madonna mentions in a couple of Tori interviews. One time, she said that she'd like to cook a bowl of spaghetti for Madonna. Another time, she talked about an unnamed starlet who complained to Tori about being dissed by Madonna (who said something like "Those shoes are out of fashion now"), and Tori said that you had to let comments like that roll off her back. Kinda random, but I remember them clearly.

I remember Tori saying she liked "Frozen" when it came out. (Tommy Mottola did too - random factoid.) So I'm not surprised she covered it. I do remember the comment about CFY. She said anyone can sing those kinds of songs or something to that effect, but it's obvious she's a fan since I believe she's covered "Live to Tell," "Like a Prayer," and "Oh Father" over the years. It's no surprise that they're all PAT LEONARD songs. And all among her best.

Regarding Madonna singing Tori songs, I've always thought "Girl" sounded a bit like Madonna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSVQaVJtKwQ

And I could imagine M singing "Cornflake Girl" for some reason.