Vincent Paterson on Madonna and her work now

XXL

Guest bluejean

He's referring to her dressing sexy and being provocative on stage. He obviously expected her to change as she got older and "mature." It's what a lot of people expected. They obviously don't understand Madonna because Madonna doesn't do what's expected.

Guest Pud Whacker

hes great, hes fabulous but hes stuck like a chris ciccone.

i get hes saying that the BA set a standard however, her dancing in DWT, ReInvention was much more mature and athletic than the BA, same goes for the tours after.

He's great, hes fabulous but hes stuck like a Chris Ciccone. I get hes saying that the BA set a standard. However, her dancing in DWT, ReInvention was much more mature and athletic than the BA, same goes for the tours after.

Exactly what I meant, thanks for conveying it better and making it shorter :gent:

I don't think his comment was that bad, but he seems to do the same thing many of Madonna's criticizers do - on the playful parts of her show and the fact that she wears revealing clothing. Nobody has a problem when someone younger is wearing a leotard, but because Madonna is in her 50's it's suddenly seen and "desperate" and "immature". I disagree on that. I LOVE that she is in her 50's, having fun and being sexy. Just because you reach a certain age doesn't mean you aren't sexual, or that you stop having fun.

We should all embrace that Madonna is a strong woman who continues to do her thing.

His comments are fine. And at times I've thought them myself.I think he's nostalgic but also hinting that if he was choreographing her he'd be doing things differently. Which is also fine, it's his opinion. He clearly cherished the times he worked with her.