New studio album: updates, rumours and discussion [new thread]

Yeah,this time I think I'm gonna resist any leaks or "previews" of the tracks.I wanna be surprised when I listen to the album the very first time

+ 1

I'd like midtempo and short! That way you could have something for the radio and then do longer more intense club remixes of it. A midtempo song is more flexible. And it's been awhile since she's had a great midtempo song. It would be different and fresh. People tend to associate Madonna with either dance tracks or ballads so a midtempo jam would be something fresh and different.

I agree. But while I know you're probably thinking of something like "Secret" or "Frozen" as "midtempo," I think it's notable that that the only time she has EVER released an all-out uptempo dance song (I'm talking straight dance/disco, house, or 4/4 EDM) as a lead single is "Hung Up" and "Everybody" (I would count "Vogue" but I know many like omit IB from her studio albums). Think about it:

Gimme All Your Luvin' (uptempo, but definitely leans more pop than EDM)

4 Minutes (again, uptempo, but more urban than "dance")

Hung Up

American Life (not even sure how to describe this, but definitely not uptempo/dance)

Music (definitely uptempo/dance, but like 4M, the beat is more urban/funk than straight-up 4/4 dance)

Frozen (midtempo, almost a ballad)

Secret (midtempo R&B)

Erotica (uptempo but slower and more R&B than straight house tracks like D&D or "Fever")

Like a Prayer (midtempo)

Live to Tell (ballad)

Like a Virgin (midtempo)

Everybody (uptempo dance)

As I've said in the past, I think her reputation as a "dance artist" is way overstated.

I'm hoping her first single with Avicci will be mid tempo with lyrics with a universal message. A strong melody and I hope she uses her ROL vocals. An infectious usual Avicci instrumental with strings and horns would top it off. I'm ready.

Oh yes ! that sounds great !

I would consider Frozen and Secret ballads. I'm using dance in a loose way to mean uptempo songs that get you moving not necessarily dance in its current club EDM definition. To me a classic midtempo Madonna song is Don't Tell Me.

I would consider Frozen and Secret ballads. I'm using dance in a loose way to mean uptempo songs that get you moving not necessarily dance in its current club EDM definition. To me a classic midtempo Madonna song is Don't Tell Me.

Exactly the same for me.

She played a different version of GGW and the regular version of GMAYL at her apartment and someone recorded snippets from outside.

She also played some unidentified music.

Thank you Reality!

The clip of Girl Gone Wild from outside her house is incredible. I can't find the original video but this is a looped version of the audio

Imagine even if it was just a remix

I don't see the big deal w/ leaks. You're gonna listen to the song anyway. The sooner I get M in my life the better.

Although I also miss the days where you didn't even know she had a record coming out and then, BOOM, she's in your face. It is quite a sensation.

Interesting how people see things differently. I never have considered Frozen or Secret to be ballads,

The clip of Girl Gone Wild from outside her house is incredible. I can't find the original video but this is a looped version of the audio

I do love this.

I miss her. Where is she?!?!?!

Oooh thank you!

Did we ever clear up if this was a demo or a cover?

It's most definitely the original demo that was submitted to Madonna, who then added the "Act of Contrition" intro and made some minor changes to the lyrics (particularly noticeable in the second verse).

The top melody and the lyrics were written by Jenson Vaughan based on an instrumental produced by the Benassis (source: Patrick Moxey), and since Rosette is a frequent collaborator of Jenson Vaughan, it's obvious to me that this is the original vocal demo.

I'd like midtempo and short! That way you could have something for the radio and then do longer more intense club remixes of it. A midtempo song is more flexible. And it's been awhile since she's had a great midtempo song. It would be different and fresh. People tend to associate Madonna with either dance tracks or ballads so a midtempo jam would be something fresh and different.

I agree :)

But i would really like a midtempo during the summer (maybe as an Itunes promo single just to build hype for the album), then a KILLER uptempo with some high profile performances for the lead single. Then she could release a ballad, i think people would welcome a GREAT Madonna ballad as a single. :)

A "great" ballad from M is is way overdue. Why Masterpiece was not released to iTunes and radio right after it won the Golden Globe, with tons of automatic publicity, is a shame.

This is so different to the one we have. If this ever leaks, I will DIE.

I want some really heavy beat and heavy base in Madonna's music, with her voice sounding very Diva - like, mature, confident and sophisticated. I want my house to shake with loud upbeat tempo when I play her next album. Hard Candy totally missed out on that. Those candy popping sounds and her thin, girly vocals were not cool. MDNA kinda hit the right note but the music felt like it was dragging (I'm Addicted, Turn Up The Radio, Superstar, I Don't Give A).The production in the first two singles was cheap. Girl Gone Wild had such a potential of being a groundbreaking hit. She did a great remix of it on the tour. This is how it should have been, minus the "material" part. Anyway, I still enjoy Hard Candy (Give It To Me, Beat Goes On, Dance Tonight) and MDNA (Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, Some Girls, Love Spent). But this is just my opinion and I'm not trying to force it on anyone. Just really want some floor shuttering music from her. Although like I said before, Ray of Light and American Life are my two most favorite albums.

A "great" ballad from M is is way overdue. Why Masterpiece was not released to iTunes and radio right after it won the Golden Globe, with tons of automatic publicity, is a shame.

I agree 100% that a good ballad would be nice. The two ballads by Madonna with great videos were Take a Bow and You'll See. However, I'm glad Masterpiece wasn't a single. I love the lyrics, but cheap production, no emotion in her voice, killed it. I sometimes listen to it but it just feels like a demo to me. So yeah, it would be nice to have an amazing ballad from Madonna as a single but with great production and high budget video.

Edited by Katypatra

Funny. This clip is miles better than the GGW song. Don't know why she didn't pick this melody.

Interesting how people see things differently. I never have considered Frozen or Secret to be ballads,

I can see how "Frozen" might be considered a ballad. If you remove the drums, you can see that it was clearly written to be a ballad. But "Secret"? I don't see that as a ballad at all.