People who refer to Madonna as a "has been"

Samo

It makes no sense, considering that she was the highest paid celebrity in the entire entertainment industry last year.

But I hear it a lot lately

A "has been" is someone who was once commercially successful and a big deal and who lives in the past with nostalgia and hoping to have some big success again

Madonna IS THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THAT.

She sets touring records, with tours where she barely performs old songs (6 at the most), hell Beyonce does more classic songs than Madonna does in concert.

And she sells more albums than any other over 40 act worldwide.

Mariah Carey fits the "has been" description to a T (reality show judging, diet ads, pretending like it's 1994 again with that damn Christmas album).

But Madonna?

Acknowledging those opinions somehow validates them. Just ignore it.

I say close / delete / merge ;)

what people are you talking about all the time??

I hear it a lot between friends and accquantasies and work friends.

When you hit back at them with statistical facts, I get the old "but she's old" response.

WTF?

Cher or Elton John don't get that kind of treatment that Madonna does and they're older and much less successful than Madonna(career wise and currently ). It's weird

It's like people are desperate for Madonna to finally fail

Seriously bro, this topic is tired :)

I was at a Mexican restaurant last night and in the next booth a group of middle aged people were talking about the Oscars and Madonna's Oscar party, where one of the ladies said "Who would wanna go to her party she needs to take care of her kids and give it up ".

Then some guy chimed in that she's "old and desperate for relevancy and a has been"

I got up and very nicely introduced myself and hit them with FACTS, they had nothing else to say but one of the women said "If she's making that much money she should just raise her kids and retire then".

Guest Rachelle of London

Those are the coolest people if they knew that Madonna has an Oscar party. I know some Madonna fans that don't even know she has Oscar parties!

Those are the coolest people if they knew that Madonna has an Oscar party. I know some Madonna fans that don't even know she has Oscar parties!

There are flat screen TVs at the restaurant that had a report on the Oscar aftetparties and talked about Madonna's briefly

Merlose sweet pie, you are always reporting random negative opinions of M from random people.

honestly: who cares?

you obviously do and believe in what you want and it is in your right to post anything you want, but this is becoming a bit boring. enjoy being a M's fan and don't let other people spoil your vision of her legacy and her persona

:chuckle:

True, I was just surprised at the discussion in the restaurant last night, it was very random.

I'm gonna concentrate on more positive Madonna experiences

Sweet Jesus, you need to stop with all this.

Are you a new fan? This is old, OLD news for anyone that's been a Madonna fan for more than 1 era.

I survived the 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's without giving up on her, so my advice is just enjoy her output. Giving any kind of shit about what others say is pointless. If they want to live their life Keeping up with the Kardashians or Real Housewives, or pop tarts then feel pity for them. They don't know what they're missing, and it's their loss.

Where do you work, by the way? It sounds oppressive.

Madonna has been a "has been" for longer that any other artist on this earth. She was considered by the press and public to be a "has been" in the 80's, 90's, 00's and now 10's. Elton and Cher are not considered "has beens" because nobody has a clue what they're up too, if they're still alive, let alone have a new album out!!

The fact is that Madonna is one of the greatest musical legends of all time and nothing is going to take that away. She already earned that status 100x over.

Edited by luluthecat

Guest Rachelle of London

The best mexican restaurant I've been to was this place in Birmingham, I cant remember the name though!

OMG the food was amazing