Post pics of your Madonna cassette maxi-singles here!

Which are your favorites? And which have cassette only tracks on them?

There aren't any. Everything released on cassette that didn't appear on compact disc was also available on vinyl (and sounded far better on that format).

In the US, rarer cassette maxi-single mixes include the dub of "Who's That Girl", Shep and David's respective 'Deeper Dubs' of "Deeper And Deeper" and William Orbit's "Alternative" and "Guerilla Groove" mixes of "I'll Remember". Again, all were simultaneously available on the 12" maxi format.

The only mixes exclusive to cassette in the US commercially were the You Can Dance dubs for "Spotlight" and "Over And Over" which were only issued for purchase on the CS format of that album. However, both appeared on promotional 12" singles as well.

1.jpg5.jpg

There were only 11 CMS releases stateside:

"Who's That Girl" - same as 12" (packaged in unique long box)

"Causing A Commotion" - same as 12" (packaged in unique long box)

*** The entire Like A Prayer era was skipped, including "Keep It Together" which did have a CD maxi release ***

"Vogue" - same as CDM

"Hanky Panky" - same as 12" (same tracks as CDM in different order)

"Justify My Love" - same as CDM
"Rescue Me" - same as 12"

"Erotica" - same as 12"

"Deeper And Deeper" - same as 12"

"Bad Girl/Fever" - same as 12"

"Rain" - same as 12" (same tracks as CDM in different order)

"I'll Remember" - same as 12"

("Vogue" through "I'll Remember" were all packaged like the full length albums in hard plastic cases.)

There aren't any. Everything released on cassette that didn't appear on compact disc was also available on vinyl (and sounded far better on that format).

In the US, rarer cassette maxi-single mixes include the dub of "Who's That Girl", Shep and David's respective 'Deeper Dubs' of "Deeper And Deeper" and William Orbit's "Alternative" and "Guerilla Groove" mixes of "I'll Remember". Again, all were simultaneously available on the 12" maxi format.

The only mixes exclusive to cassette in the US commercially were the You Can Dance dubs for "Spotlight" and "Over And Over" which were only issued for purchase on the CS format of that album. However, both appeared on promotional 12" singles as well.

Over and over dub is only on the official release of you can dance cassette. I believe causing a commotion has exclusive tracks as well?

1.jpg5.jpg

There were only 11 CMS releases stateside:

"Who's That Girl" - same as 12" (packaged in unique long box)

"Causing A Commotion" - same as 12" (packaged in unique long box)

*** The entire Like A Prayer era was skipped, including "Keep It Together" which did have a CD maxi release ***

"Vogue" - same as CDM

"Hanky Panky" - same as 12" (same tracks as CDM in different order)

"Justify My Love" - same as CDM

"Rescue Me" - same as 12"

"Erotica" - same as 12"

"Deeper And Deeper" - same as 12"

"Bad Girl/Fever" - same as 12"

"Rain" - same as 12" (same tracks as CDM in different order)

"I'll Remember" - same as 12"

("Vogue" through "I'll Remember" were all packaged like the full length albums in hard plastic cases.)

I loved that long box. Anyone still have that unopened? Would love to see a pic.

My small cassette collection!

tumblr_n1gpn8zdWv1qldkkco1_500.jpg

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Blond Ambition Tour - Live in Nice, France

Justify My Love

Rescue Me

Rain

Secret
Take a Bow

I do have both wtg and cac long boxes unopened.

The dub of wtg was released on a second U.K. 12" vinyl

There is a very rare U.K.12" cassette single of express yourself and the cac cassette single is quite rare too in the Uk as it was her first one.

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

Rescue Me

Rain

Secret

Take a Bow

Very cool. Love them

The dub of who's that girl was also on us official vinyl release? I don't think so. My vinyl doesn't have that glorious dub.

You may have a non-US pressing unless you're looking at a sealed copy. It's not listed on the sleeve for either US format but is credited on the labels inside and does appear on both the 12" and cassette formats:

4.jpeg

Over and over dub is only on the official release of you can dance cassette. I believe causing a commotion has exclusive tracks as well?

As stated in my first post, the "Spotlight" and "Over And Over" dubs were only released commercially on cassette but were also available made available on promotional 12" singles (as every new You Can Dance remix was):

3.jpeg

3.jpg

The maxi-single of "Causing A Commotion" is available on CD in its entirety as part of the "yelllow disc" reissues from Germany in 1995.

causing-a-commotion-uk-germany-cd-single

causing-a-commotion-uk-germany-cd-single

I do have both wtg and cac long boxes unopened.

The dub of wtg was released on a second U.K. 12" vinyl

There is a very rare U.K.12" cassette single of express yourself and the cac cassette single is quite rare too in the Uk as it was her first one.

Have you ever posted your picture on here? I confused you for Johnnox in the past and my apologies for that. :lol:

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Vogue

Justify My Love

Rescue Me

Rain

Secret

Take a Bow

What an incredible run of singles covers and art direction from Vogue through You'll See. When the photography and layout really started to match the mood of the song. Singles art was really coming into its own around this time.

What an incredible run of singles covers and art direction from Vogue through You'll See. When the photography and layout really started to match the mood of the song. Singles art was really coming into its own around this time.

I agree...

She had some of the best sleeves and they translated well to each format.

I really love the Like A Prayer single covers from '89-'90:

lapcrown_zps33f0bb06.png

lapcassingles_zpsb090160f.png

They kept her brunette on all of the sleeves related to the project.

There's also an alternate logo sleeve for "Express Yourself" (in the style of the Like A Prayer album logo):

$%28KGrHqNHJBUFI27Em9dYBSPZlDliZg~~60_35

I like the original single cover for LAP. Not the Christopher falling P remix cover...

It's kinda reminiscent of the TB cover, due to the coloring, but not that strong.

I love that shot, one of my all time favs.

Don't know why they had to change the back cover of the album for the CD release.

Have you ever posted your picture on here? I confused you for Johnnox in the past and my apologies for that. :lol:

Never.

Cassettes are starting to become collectible as they're now a dead format. The Japanese maxi single versions are really cool but are going for £30 upwards.

I like the original single cover for LAP. Not the Christopher falling P remix cover...

It's kinda reminiscent of the TB cover, due to the coloring, but not that strong.

I love that shot, one of my all time favs.

Don't know why they had to change the back cover of the album for the CD release.

That's always irked me, too. The long box had the original back reconfigured though.

"Like A Prayer" is one of my favorite 12" promos because it features that photo in full 12" glory:

220839751802.jpg

Never.

Cassettes are starting to become collectible as they're now a dead format. The Japanese maxi single versions are really cool but are going for £30 upwards.

Send photo. I wanna know what you look like/who you are.