20 YEARS OF I'LL REMEMBER

Samo

The month of February marks the 20th anniversary of the I'll Remember single release and video premiere.

I always loved this song, it has such an 80s MOR production and Madonna's vocals are so tender and aching.

I remember seeing the video on MTV and thinking that not only did she look gorgeous but she kinda repeated the Rain video.

This is one of MANY big hits that Madonna seems to forget she ever recorded.

I demand IR on her next tour!

What are your thoughts on this underrated gem?

The orbit mixes are fantastic. Beautiful.

But the video, I'm lost. She's the man and woman? All the same person or 2 different characters?

I listen to this one frequently, too. Never heard of a remix, will look it up.

I absolutely would love to hear this one live. It would've been a good one instead of Masterpiece in the last tour.

I'll Remembet is a great transition a piece. A good way to close the Erotica chapter.

Yes, this song also won over a lot of the public after the Sex backlash.

It spent 4 weeks at #2 on the Hot 100 and went to #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart.

I remember people saying that Madonna was "done" and that she would never have a big hit again before this song came out.

IR is the second of the BIG MADONNA BALLAD TRILOGY OF THE '90S

In between This Used To Be My Playground and Take A Bow, unfortunately, despite being really big hits at the time all 3 songs seem to be forgotten about by radio, casual fans and Madonna herself.

Oh God, I love this song!!! I can't even imagine how many hundreds of times I listened to it in the spring of '94. I was sure it was gonna hit #1, but it just couldn't quite nudge that damn "I Swear" song out of the top spot. It remains one of my top 3 most wished for to be performed live. A really, really touching song with tender, clear vocals. Beautiful.

Guest Sinisin

she could do an acoustic performance of it on her next tour

the writer of the song did but i cant find it anymore and it was perfect

Love this song. I remember first hearing it on the radio and thinking it was quite boring following Erotica. But it ended up being a favorite of mine. The vocal, the lyrics, the production is all beautiful. Pat + M = magic.

The video I can do without. She looks nowhere near as beautiful as she did in "Rain." The hair is creepy, the makeup is too heavy, she looks pale and sickly. And it's boring. Those "backup" singers also bother me.

I just went to go watch the video and is it seriously not available on YouTube without the audio muted? I honestly don't understand why there's no official upload for so many of M's videos. Doesn't she know she could be making money?

A masterpiece , with that song I felt in love so much more with Madonna

this song was nominated for Golden Globequote]

As well as a Grammy for Best Song Written for a Film.

The Oscars, of course, snubbed her.

I'll remember: what a lovely, delicate and calming life buoy in the raging seas and hostile waters of early 1994. Loved the little string part in the middle. First time I saw William Orbit's name in connection with Madonna (i.e. remix).

12511.gif

Madonna's ballads are all beautiful and this one is no exception. I wish she'd sing more ballads live :inlove:

Me too!
I understand that it's not exactly what people are waiting for, they want something energic and fun to dance, but I think her ballads are all forgotten gems.

Love this song. I remember first hearing it on the radio and thinking it was quite boring following Erotica. But it ended up being a favorite of mine. The vocal, the lyrics, the production is all beautiful. Pat + M = magic.

The video I can do without. She looks nowhere near as beautiful as she did in "Rain." The hair is creepy, the makeup is too heavy, she looks pale and sickly. And it's boring. Those "backup" singers also bother me.

No. The video is everythang bitch.