CONFIRMED: Madonna will perform at the Grammys on Sunday!

Apples388

Just heard the great news..

fqnls.gif

Bitch better perform with someone of substance not one of these vacant pop tarts.

:rotfl:

I love that gif

Whatever she does I am sure she'll surprise everyone yet again

And I can't wait

I'm ok now. I had MDNA on and I lost my mind for a moment there :lol::)

By all means keep going! Your energy is contagious!

I can't believe we're getting a performance in 2 days!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

Disrespect, how dare they put that piece of flint in front :(

Has this been posted already?

BesGqJnCMAAKfxe.jpg

It's because this time she is going to suck out her next prey's career spark from behind

I can't imagine she would be performing with one of the pop acts because of the outfit. 1) It's not a standard pop outfit which would mean 2) the other artists outfit would have to be similar, i.e. B would have been involved in that too and she hasn't said anything about it.

Although B did style four of the Beyoncé videos... but nothing Bey has done involved a guitar. It's also not a very Daft Punk outfit. Macklemore or Lindsey would make most sense to me.

"Katy Perry and I are asking you to be that voice and show us how you define freedom in 2014. This will be a year of monumental changes for human rights, and we want you to be a part of that change. Let us hear from you."

Madonna on Katy Perry guesting her curate Art for Freedom Project

aka…. (knowing how preciously efficiently is she valuing her public appearances in general...and mostly recently)….. madonna is just (professionally) starting her 2014 @grammies...

...It’s in the palm of your hand now baby, It’s a yes or no, no maybe, so just be sure before you give it up to me….Up to me, give it up to me

Edited by justinian

Grammy show delivers diversity: Madonna to Metallica

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/01/24/grammy-show-delivers-diversity-from-madonna-to-metallica/4791569/

1390511873000-METALLICA-58573360.jpg

The Grammy, music's most prestigious honor, gets a 3 1/2-hour showcase to honor the industry's brightest talent. While fans root for their favorites to collect the gold, they don't tune in for endless marches to the podium.

And that's not what they get.

Viewers can expect a marathon musical revue and a trickle of trophies. Between 69 and 71 of the 82 Grammy awards will be dispensed at the pre-telecast. The rest will be sandwiched between performances by the industry's hottest stars

A rundown:

• Yep, the rumors are true. Madonna will perform with one of the nominated acts.
  • Rock band Imagine Dragons and rapper Kendrick Lamar are paired in an organic mashup. "They gravitated toward each other," says executive producer Ken Ehrlich. "Sometimes we force the issue, but they really like each other."

• Pink and fun.'s Nate Ruess are teamed, presumably for their hit Just Give Me A Reason.

• Other pairings include country star Keith Urban with guitar great Gary Clark Jr., Metallica with Chinese concert pianist Lang Lang and Sara Bareilles with Carole King.

• Ringo Starr will perform his 1973 hit Photograph against a montage of photos from his book of the same name. Paul McCartney also is on the bill, and the two sharing the stage remains a possibility.

• Robin Thicke and veteran band Chicago plan a medley.

• Billie Joe Armstrong and Miranda Lambert will salute the late Phil Everly during an In Memoriam segment.

• John Legend will sing All of Me from his Love In the Future album. Also in the solo spotlight are Lorde, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Kacey Musgraves and Hunter Hayes.

• A hard-rock finale brings together Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

The range of talent "is pretty extraordinary this year, from the tried and true to the new," says Neil Portnow, president/CEO of the Recording Academy. "You see a lot of great established artists in the nominations, artists into their sophomore or junior albums who are soaring, and some brand new people who broke out with very different kinds of music. For us, that's the best-case scenario."

The chief challenge this year? The calendar. The Winter Olympics pushed the Grammy show two weeks earlier than usual.

"It's been a sprint to the finish line, but I've got the A team," Portnow says.

Also complicating matters is the simultaneous production of a Beatles all-star tribute, which tapes Monday after several days of rehearsals that overlap with Grammy preparations.

"My staff is going to kill me, and they have every right to," says Ehrlich, producer of both shows.