Herb Ritts - A Celebration

cosmic_system

It's interesting, her non-greatest hits compilations used photos from advertisements

YCD=Mistubishi

STR=Versace

R&R=Gap

There was a Ritts exhibition at the Getty Center last year, and the True Blue cover was one of the displays. It really stood up as a tremendous work of art, and my aunt, who had never seen it (she lives overseas), said that it was one of her favorite pieces. In the video room, they also played videos Ritts directed, like "Cherish" and Janet Jackson's "Love Will Never Do (Without You)." It was all quite something.

the TB photo shoot is the crown jewel of all his M photo shoots.

THE FACE! THE FACE! THE FACE!

true-blue-pro-photo_004.jpg

this photo always reminds me of Andy Warhol's Blow Job

van197a.jpg

van197c.jpg

When where those pictures taken? It's often cited as being from 1997, but I always think she looks so different in comparison to the other looks she had at that time (Evita, Golden Globe). It's also very weird to think that was immediately before the ROL era started.

When where those pictures taken? It's often cited as being from 1997, but I always think she looks so different in comparison to the other looks she had at that time (Evita, Golden Globe). It's also very weird to think that was immediately before the ROL era started.

What magazine were they originally printed in? The only cover I saw was for a French TV guide! But yes, I checked it's 1997.

hritts_%284%29.jpghritts_%283%29.jpg

normal_hritts_%282%29.jpg

Guest xela

yes, these pictures were taken in 1997 and published in the Vanity Fair Hollywood issue of the same year...

uhl.png