madonna x-static pro=cess

Alpha

Does anyone here own a copy of x-static pro=cess book? I'm not a huge collector but I thinking of buying it as I love The Beast Within. I don't know many people who talk about it much.

Did anyone go to the Exhibt? I didn't so always wondered what people thing of it.

Anyone go and miss out when M left the singing session at Tower Records early and receive a signed copy of the book from her as an apology? I know I would have been really pissed if I was there but getting a copy of the book would have been amazing compensation.

I'd love to know how many copies where actually published, they say 1000 but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more.

If I won the lottery I know I would buy

http://books.simsreed.com/find_books.php?key=madonna

When the SK Secret Project talk started, I always wondered if it would be something similar :mellow:

I think its visually one of the greatest things she has ever done, that RIT opening was INCREDIBLE.

100% agreed. I hope she does more projects like this in the future, not necessarily with Klein, but art projects in general.

I hope she ll finally get in some artistic mood in music, photography, videoinstalations and such. I m bored of mainstreem wanna have a global hit madonna.

She should start to build her new artictic integrity.

I would've received it if I would've known that giving your info at Tower Records after the debacle of the signing, you would receive the book. My friend at the time received it, personalized and signed!

I did go to the exhibit. Amazing. Incredible. I love the entire idea behind this project. It looked effortless, mystifying and flawless.

how much was it when it first came out? shocked I didn't buy one

It was a couple hundred right?

And isn't it printed on paper thin paper, almost like tissue paper?

^ hahahaha. I think that for 4.000 dollars they could have said "free shipping". Oh dear... I recall that at the time many people thought that it was ridiculously expensive, so i don't recall anybody bought that so we didn't discuss it much. Besides, we were too bussy discussing if Clear Channel was boycotting Madonna or not. Oh, and deciding if she said "I got jew under my skin"

Think the book was $350 when it came out.

If $4000 is too much.

The below is bargain for half the price but would so be worth it, if your name in Tony

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Static-Process-X-STaTIC-PRO-CeSS-Madonna-Steven-Klein-/221199484546?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item3380844682

However, Tony is not shipping it for free either. It's funny if you buy something expensive they seem to think they should charge more for shipping. Bit like the booking fee is higher for concert tixs, if you buy more expensive concert tixs.

So did people go the Tower Records instore?

I went to the exhibit, It was really cool. I definitely would love for her to do something similar in the future. The book was around $350. They had one on display. It used onion skin paper. Very thin and fragile. If you bought it there, it came in a cardboard box. This is the version of X-Static Process that was played during the exhibit. I remember being disappointed that this version wasn't on the album. LOL

I was at Tower. Didn't get an autograph. I was pissed. Went back to Tower and gave my name and address. They gave me a 4'x4' lightbox print. I chose the N.

madonnanh.jpg

A few weeks later, I got a package from Boy Toy Inc. It was the X-Static Process book with no cardboard sleeve. It was autographed and personalized. Woo hoo for me!

I was thinking of selling this stuff, but not sure what to charge. I don't want to rip people off, but I also don't want to under sell it. I was going to put the book on Amazon, but none of the ones on there are autographed, so does that mean that mine is worth double?

Guest Rachelle of London

I went to the exhibit, It was really cool. I definitely would love for her to do something similar in the future. The book was around $350. They had one on display. It used onion skin paper. Very thin and fragile. If you bought it there, it came in a cardboard box. This is the version of X-Static Process that was played during the exhibit. I remember being disappointed that this version wasn't on the album. LOL

[media=]

[/media]

I was at Tower. Didn't get an autograph. I was pissed. Went back to Tower and gave my name and address. They gave me a 4'x4' lightbox print. I chose the N.

madonnanh.jpg

A few weeks later, I got a package from Boy Toy Inc. It was the X-Static Process book with no cardboard sleeve. It was autographed and personalized. Woo hoo for me!

I was thinking of selling this stuff, but not sure what to charge. I don't want to rip people off, but I also don't want to under sell it. I was going to put the book on Amazon, but none of the ones on there are autographed, so does that mean that mine is worth double?

this is amazing!!!

[media=]

[/media]

madonnanh.jpg

That version of x:P it think goes with the exhib, must really get to you after a while.

I thought you were going to say, you didn't get an autograph and that Tower Records only gave you that print, not that book. If that book came in the post, I would be thrilled.

They don't come that often but not sure if any have sold for $4000, it seems more like the $2000 odd mark.

If you didn't want to rip people off but sell it, ebay let people bid on it.

The one in my first link is selling for £2000 British Pounds and that has the slipcase and signed by both M and SK.

• 2 years later...

I put my X-Static Process book on eBay if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-X-Static-Process-Book-by-Madonna-Steven-Klein-/281810282546?hash=item419d33a832

I'm still not sure about the price. I put it at 4.5K which is the same as someone else on there. But mine is autographed, so that would make it better deal, no?

It's so weird that someone is selling the exhibit press release for $10. I have that as well, but didn't know that would be worth anything. Maybe I'll bundle it in or something.