GIVE it 2 ME + Celebration MASHUP added

TRVC

I DON'T LIKE IT... I hope I have in Mexico only one add and that's Holiday, that's all I want from the original set list. Even Like a virgin would work better without Love Spent here.

Guest bluejean

I don't mind it but I'd prefer Celebration on its own for the DVD. It just works better that way.

I also want Holiday and Love Spent included. No more changes necessary.

I read people's comments before watching the video, so I expected it to be bad. I actually really like it. I don't understand why people think it doesn't flow. I think it works well since the majority of the song is still Celebration. It just had hints of Give It 2 Me thrown in.

Even though I like it, I agree that it would have been better to mix it with Holiday instead or just leave it alone.

Guest bluejean

I read people's comments before watching the video, so I expected it to be bad. I actually really like it. I don't understand why people think it doesn't flow. I think it works well since the majority of the song is still Celebration. It just had hints of Give It 2 Me thrown in.

Even though I like it, I agree that it would have been better to mix it with Holiday instead or just leave it alone.

It's not that it doesn't work. It was just already perfect how it was. It's one of the best performances in the show imo. Can't wait to get that shit on DVD.

You don't think She's not me and Candy shop fit? Wow.

No...Candy Shop has nothing in common with the theme of MDNA. In fact, that whole section doesn't fit in with the theme of the album, except HN and LAV/LS. I actually loved Candy Shop from day one, but this tour inclusion, which isn't even as good as M herself thinks it is, nor vocally, nor musically, makes me wanna hate that song. She should've done Erotica, Physical Attraction or whatever other song instead. Actually I'm still not satisfied with the setlist of MDNA and you can hate me as much as you want, but that's just my opinion. I think it's just too much of a rehash of Sticky and Sweet. Too many songs she already did many times! The stage design, the backdrops and everything else is absolutely fantastic and it's definately her best stage ever, but the setlist is not good. And now the inclusion of Give It 2 Me and Holiday, too...my god! Give It 2 Me is my least favourite song on HC and Holiday is so freakin' overdone...It's not even funny!

I DON'T LIKE IT... I hope I have in Mexico only one add and that's Holiday, that's all I want from the original set list. Even Like a virgin would work better without Love Spent here.

Dafuq? You've got to be kidding me! It's already bad enough she left LS out for most of the tour. I wouldn't mind if LAV was replaced completely, her vocals are terrible and that arrangement kills the song and Holiday is waaaay overdone, as I already said.

Guest bluejean

Holiday deserves to be done to death imo. It's an anthem on tour along with Music, Ray of Light, Like a Prayer and Vogue. The only song I think has been overdone is La Isla Bonita, it's a classic but not in the league of the others.

Dafuq? You've got to be kidding me! It's already bad enough she left LS out for most of the tour. I wouldn't mind if LAV was replaced completely, her vocals are terrible and that arrangement kills the song and Holiday is waaaay overdone, as I already said.

Do you actually like something on the tour?

LAV bad vocals? Oh god.

No...Candy Shop has nothing in common with the theme of MDNA. In fact, that whole section doesn't fit in with the theme of the album, except HN and LAV/LS.

I don't know, I see that whole section as being about her sexuality and femininity. She opens with Vogue, which is sexy, classic, people revere "Vogue" madonna as being beautiful and perfect. She immediately follows it with Candy Shop/Erotica. I see her drawing parralels between the criticism she got for her overt sexuality during the Sex period and the criticism she got for even hinting she had a sexuality at 51 during Hard Candy. The use of Human Nature afterwards drives that home, as it was originally a fuck you to the Sex controversy, she makes it a fuck you to the controversy, if you can call it that, of her being sexual and middle aged. Finally, Like a Virgin inverts the original idea of youthful lust and turns it into a mourning of real love. She takes the theme all the way from the massive public eye, right down to her own personal sphere, and illustrates all the emotions implicit in it for her.

Guest bluejean

I don't know, I see that whole section as being about her sexuality and femininity. She opens with Vogue, which is sexy, classic, people revere "Vogue" madonna as being beautiful and perfect. She immediately follows it with Candy Shop/Erotica. I see her drawing parralels between the criticism she got for her overt sexuality during the Sex period and the criticism she got for even hinting she had a sexuality at 51 during Hard Candy. The use of Human Nature afterwards drives that home, as it was originally a fuck you to the Sex controversy, she makes it a fuck you to the controversy, if you can call it that, of her being sexual and middle aged. Finally, Like a Virgin inverts the original idea of youthful lust and turns it into a mourning of real love. She takes the theme all the way from the massive public eye, right down to her own personal sphere, and illustrates all the emotions implicit in it for her.

Interesting analysis.

Also, there's that whole thing with the tightening of the corset. Since corsets are used to make a woman's waist size ideal, like an hour glass figure that whole section to me represents society trying to make her conform and fit her into a mould which virtually strangles her to the point of not being able to breathe. But I also suspect it's also largely about Guy Ritchie having that impact on Madonna as well, which is why she sings such a heartbreaking version of Like a Virgin. Merging it into Love Spent kind of reaffirms that and from what I recall from earlier leaked setlists it was originally going to be Falling Free or Love Spent, then they went with Like a Virgin in the end.

It's truly a highlight of the show, even better with Love Spent included.

No...Candy Shop has nothing in common with the theme of MDNA. In fact, that whole section doesn't fit in with the theme of the album, except HN and LAV/LS. I actually loved Candy Shop from day one, but this tour inclusion, which isn't even as good as M herself thinks it is, nor vocally, nor musically, makes me wanna hate that song. She should've done Erotica, Physical Attraction or whatever other song instead. Actually I'm still not satisfied with the setlist of MDNA and you can hate me as much as you want, but that's just my opinion. I think it's just too much of a rehash of Sticky and Sweet. Too many songs she already did many times! The stage design, the backdrops and everything else is absolutely fantastic and it's definately her best stage ever, but the setlist is not good. And now the inclusion of Give It 2 Me and Holiday, too...my god! Give It 2 Me is my least favourite song on HC and Holiday is so freakin' overdone...It's not even funny!

You clearly don't understand the narrative of this tour...at all. From JML until and including Human nature it's about hedonism and exploration. The tour narrative is THE SIN/THE SEARCH/THE PLEASURE/THE RECONCILIATION. The pleasure is the moment at which you've dealt with your demons and emotions enough to allow you to seek physical pleasure and satisfaction. The relevance of JUSTIFY MY LOVE. Vogue is a song about unashamedly appropriating ones physical beauty for everybody to see. It's a primal mating call. S E X. The Candy shop is a cheesy metaphor for sexual exploration obviously. It's use in the narrative is about a person feeling able to explore their sexuality and choose from the delights at their disposal. It works perfectly. Human nature really needs no explanation.

Oh and just so you know the reconciliation begins with the ending of Like a Virgin. It's a comment on the limitations of physical lust and the inherent need for humans to repress even those that they love. She ends saying that she has peace and understand for herself and 'is a sinner and likes it that way'. Says her prayers and celebrates. You could ask Madonna and she would say its spot on. I can guarantee that.