MADONNA AT PARIS OLYMPIA: DIRECTORS CUT COMING SOON

zerbion

Which will have 2 views by the time they upload it since there's millions of Olympia videos on youtube since the date.

Which who gives a fuck how many views it achieves since we should just be happy we get to watch an alternate/improved cut of a fantastic performance by Madonna.

Thanks for the update zerbion. :asian:

Which who gives a fuck how many views it achieves since we should just be happy we get to watch an alternate/improved cut of a fantastic performance by Madonna.

:asian:

Imagine if they've tweaked all the vocals a la Sticky and Sweet :lmao:

My oh my.. All the bottles I'd had to throw at my tv..

:dead:

They did not play with vocals which I like very much. The edit of Vogue is :headbang: superb

The edit of Vogue left me a bit of :(

They cut off some very cool scenes from the original (like the black dancer slipping the hat and the dress) and replaced with a random open view of the stage, there still no closeups and they missed the first "strike a pose". Oh well what can you do. :|

thats the most frightening thing for me...to mess up DVD of MDNA....now when i know each move of her and dancers and videos from behind...the most scary thing is to be wrong edited. i ll get pissed for sure :/

ok...deep breath and i m gonna watch it now...here i come olympia !

They did a good job editing TUTR and Beautiful Killer :thumbsup: for the rest of the performances I think like the original streaming better... but I'm glad they didn't mess with her vocals too much.

Whoever made ​​this edition has no clue. :manson:

It's a shame that this is the version that will officially represent this show...

:dazed:

Haven't seen the show yet. (Don't have tickets until NOVEMBER. Gargh.) Have stayed away from all bits of news when possible -- reviews, YouTube, etc....

But I had to watch this. Holy F. Gorgeous.

Now, I've gone to take a peek at the setlist -- "Beautiful Killer" was only performed here? You must be kidding me. It was brilliant. Simply, straight-up brilliant. And "Je T'aime?" To. Die. For.

I can understand "Je T'aime" being Paris only... But please tell me she performs "Like a Virgin" like this. Slow. Desperate. Sexy. Tying someone up. Killing him. I can see the song fitting the "Je T'aime" performance very nicely in non-French shows.

(Also, apparently I've missed some sort of controversy about this show being only 45 minutes -- and costing the same as the regular show? Frankly, I'd have gone crazy. I'm surprised they didn't riot. I paid damn good money for those tickets. Come November, I want a two-hour show.)

Also, apparently I've missed some sort of controversy about this show being only 45 minutes -- and costing the same as the regular show?

No, it didn't cost the same as the full tour. 2700 tickets were sold, 2000 of those were for fanclub members, the other 700 were for everyone else, and prices were around $100-200 if I remember correctly.

I can understand "Je T'aime" being Paris only... But please tell me she performs "Like a Virgin" like this. Slow. Desperate. Sexy. Tying someone up. Killing him. I can see the song fitting the "Je T'aime" performance very nicely in non-French shows.

(Also, apparently I've missed some sort of controversy about this show being only 45 minutes -- and costing the same as the regular show? Frankly, I'd have gone crazy. I'm surprised they didn't riot. I paid damn good money for those tickets. Come November, I want a two-hour show.)

"Like a Virgin" in its MDNA Tour is a very slow waltz, which would have been totally unrecognizable if it hadn't been for the lyrics. And the performance makes M look very vulnerable. You could say it's the reverse of "Je t'aime... moi non plus".

(oh, and some people did riot, as in throwing bottles onto the stage after the show, yelling nasty stuff and demanding a refund)

Not sure what the value-add is of this director's cut... whatevs. the audio is a bit more balanced, particularly during Turn Up the Radio (could she not hear herself? better to just no sing if you're gonna do it like that!).

I'm happy to have seen the "raw" version a couple of weeks ago - it was fantastic

No, it didn't cost the same as the full tour. 2700 tickets were sold, 2000 of those were for fanclub members, the other 700 were for everyone else, and prices were around $100-200 if I remember correctly.

Floor tickets (standing, fanclub-only) cost €89 ($110), while the 700 seats on the balcony cost €166-276 ($205-342).

The most expensive tickets cost the same as my Early Entry ticket for the Copenhagen show.

Anyway, I haven't seen the DC yet. Keeps 'crashing' on me.

Floor tickets (standing, fanclub-only) cost €89 ($110), while the 700 seats on the balcony cost €166-276 ($205-342).

The most expensive tickets cost the same as my Early Entry ticket for the Copenhagen show.

Ah, I was going by Rosenberg's statement.

Honestly, I'm not surprised she charged that much. It's Madonna in a THEATER. The whole controversy was anything but. The French FBI (can't remember the name) said it was started by Marine Le Pen loons anyway. So things aren't always as they seem.

Guest pedrohdi

Not sure what the value-add is of this director's cut... whatevs. the audio is a bit more balanced, particularly during Turn Up the Radio (could she not hear herself? better to just no sing if you're gonna do it like that!).

I'm happy to have seen the "raw" version a couple of weeks ago - it was fantastic

There are better angles, so we can enjoy more some of the performances. I think that the audio in TUTR is a little better. Overall it's a better view of the show, although like you, i'm happy to have seen the live version too!