Love Spent preview

Supernatural

Guest Fluorine

Another winner for me, and I can't wait to hear the full song in HQ. The lyrics are simple but cool, and that crashing beat that comes in at the end of the clip is niiiice. :inlove:

I think I'm really going to like this album --- GMAYL is the only thing that left me a little cold, and even that's starting to grow on me more.

Guest Xanthium

OH MY GOD THIS SONG IS AMAZING! I think I just died and came back as a GAY ZOMBIE!

Why were songs like this and I'm Addicted not released as singles?!?!?!?!

FUCKING CHOONS!

I don't think this would be a strong single, honestly. As much as I'm loving it, it's like a #10,#11 album track before closing the album. It does sound great and beautiful but it's not single worthy IMHO

Guest bluejean

I fear this is going to be another era of "If blah blah was released as the single the album would have been huge" :lol:

American Life part 2

Yes, I think if that was released as a single things would ve been different now :)

Of course! Something must have happened. There must be a reason for this.

Could be this the rumored strategy to make the album last? Remember there were rumors about Interscope wanting to make MDNA last till 2013. Are they intentionally saving the best songs for future singles releases to give MDNA extra gas? :think:

Guest bluejean

I don't think this would be a strong single, honestly. As much as I'm loving it, it's like a #10,#11 album track before closing the album. It does sound great and beautiful but it's not single worthy IMHO

Agreed. It's growing on me though. I sort of hate hearing these snippets in a way. It's not until you hear the whole thing that you can really appreciate a song.

No way, neither of these two new songs would make good singles. I can't hear radio being interested in either of them. MAYBE "I'm Addicted" but I'd have to hear the whole thing.

Could be this the rumored strategy to make the album last? Remember there were rumors about Interscope wanting to make MDNA last till 2013. Are they intentionally saving the best songs for future singles releases to give MDNA extra gas? :think:

This wouldn't be a good strategy though. Radio would never give third or fourth singles from a Madonna album a chance.

Guest Xanthium

Well whether it would be successful as a single is debatable I guess but I'm seriously fucking blown away by this song. Madonna hasn't been this melodic in YEARS. I'm talking FUCKING YEARS. Bless you William Orbit BLESS YOU!

Well whether it would be successful as a single is debatable I guess but I'm seriously fucking blown away by this song. Madonna hasn't been this melodic in YEARS. I'm talking FUCKING YEARS. Bless you William Orbit BLESS YOU!

I agree with you on that! It might be a little repetitive but it sounds beautiful and cer reminiscent of ray of light and it leaves me wanting MORE!

Yes! This is the obvious difference between a producer and a second handed DJ! She needs those real musicians like Orbit!

I agree!!! We are in desperate need of some good melodies and this has them! I hope there is a LOT more to come.

Guest bluejean

I doubt it. I recall a similar hope from Kylie fans over Aphrodite.

I suspect that the best songs on this album don't have hit potential. I'm not convinced 'Love Spent' would be racing up the charts any quicker than GAYL or GGW. I am glad that there will be something here for fans that don't like GGW though. Songs with substance. Imo we should all just enjoy the music and forget about what is a hit or interscopes strategy.

Guest Xanthium

I suspect that the best songs on this album don't have hit potential. I'm not convinced 'Love Spent' would be racing up the charts any quicker than GAYL or GGW. I am glad that there will be something here for fans that don't like GGW though. Songs with substance. Imo we should all just enjoy the music and forget about what is a hit or interscopes strategy.

When I say single I'm talking about song quality not hit potential. If Madonna's days of hit songs (at least in the US) are most likely over, wouldn't it be better to release a single that is melodic, powerful, and heartfelt (Love Spent) rather than something that is generic, vapid, and soulless (Girl Gone WIld)? Because if the singles are going to end up doing the same chart-wise (i.e. they're IGNORED) then why not pick the one that would garner praise and respect? Because with Love Spent she would still be respected as an artist and with GGW she ends up looking desperate.

Yes..

There is even one review saying that the album doesn't have obvious hits but it's great anyway, so maybe that's the case.

Guest bluejean

When I say single I'm talking about song quality not hit potential. If Madonna's days of hit songs (at least in the US) are most likely over, wouldn't it be better to release a single that is melodic, powerful, and heartfelt (Love Spent) rather than something that is generic, vapid, and soulless (Girl Gone WIld)? Because if the singles are going to end up doing the same chart-wise (i.e. they're IGNORED) then why not pick the one that would garner praise and respect? Because with Love Spent she would still be respected as an artist and with GGW she ends up looking desperate.

I do agree with what you're saying but in order for that to happen Madonna and her team would first have to realise and accept that the days of "hits" are over. The success of '4 Minutes' and even 'Give Me All Your Luvin' (probably regarded a success to them) doesn't really lead them to that point. I'm sure that day will come though, pretty quickly at this rate :lol:

Guest Xanthium

4M was a hit, they are trying to find her a hit this album, they can't predict that it won't happen.

4M was a hit because of Timbaland/Justin Timberlake. All I'm saying is that if Madonna & Co. are creating songs designed to have hit potential (GMAYL/GGW) and they are FAILING to become hits, then why not go with the strongest material, regardless of "hit potential", in the first place? I mean, how many people on this board go on and on about how radio is ignoring Madonna because they are ageist? Well if that is indeed true then go with the best SONG.

Guest Xanthium

I do agree with what you're saying but in order for that to happen Madonna and her team would first have to realise and accept that the days of "hits" are over. The success of '4 Minutes' and even 'Give Me All Your Luvin' (probably regarded a success to them) doesn't really lead them to that point. I'm sure that day will come though, pretty quickly at this rate :lol:

Yes they are learning VERY quick :lol:

I knew it. Another snippet, another killer track. The part where she sings in a high key is incredible, when was the last time she did that? I don't know if there will be a big hit from MDNA but I'm sure that the album itself will be a smash.