GGW VIDEO: TEASER ON FRIDAY

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh EFMT, flapping his wrists and queening out over a song that he claims to hate after hearing 15 seconds of it. Embarassing!

Actually, 15 seconds is enough to decide whether someone likes a song or not. It's not like the label's gonna preview the weakest part after all. Hell I've bought 90% of my vinyl dance records dropping the needle for a few seconds. You can't spend all day in the store.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

shut up til youve heard the song and seen the video.

fucking hell.

Oh please . I'm looking forward to it as it's Mert & Marcus . My Fav photographers . I just hope she spends some time on this and makes it

a worth-the-wait effort .

Actually, 15 seconds is enough to decide whether someone likes a song or not. It's not like the label's gonna preview the weakest part after all. Hell I've bought 90% of my vinyl dance records dropping the needle for a few seconds. You can't spend all day in the store.

It's ridiculous to pass judgement on a few seconds of a clip when you have no context of how it's gonna sound like with the rest of the song. There's the instrumental, the verses, the hook, the bridge, the vocals, everything. 3-4 minutes of it, and it all feeds into each other. Songs are meant to be enjoyed in full, especially pop songs. So yeah it's preposterous to panic when you really have n idea what the full thing is going to sound like.

The flip side of this is also claiming you love a song based on a small clip. I'm sure people were pleased when Madonna.com released that clip of the "chorus" (if we can call it that since its only in there twice) of American Life. Then the real thing came out and all hell broke loose.

Arianne just twetted:

Coming to you live from the Girls Gone Wild video set . Are you ready? Madonna at her best. @GB65

Thanks. Am so excited for this ! Bring it On already!

It's ridiculous to pass judgement on a few seconds of a clip when you have no context of how it's gonna sound like with the rest of the song. There's the instrumental, the verses, the hook, the bridge, the vocals, everything. 3-4 minutes of it, and it all feeds into each other. Songs are meant to be enjoyed in full

Well I only listen to dance music, which is often very repetitive so, for me, 15 seconds does the trick. It's subjective at this point — neither of us is wrong or right. I don't mind GGW. I judge things based on remix potential (don't care about album versions, full verses, breakdowns, etc) and this song has good remix potential.. 15 seconds was enough for me to judge. I hear a snippet of a verse and say "hey that would be good looped & manipulated in club remix." I'm very anxious to hear what her remix producers do with this track. Of course, MADONNA herself is very important in all this, and the video. That's what puts it all together for me.. not deep lyrics, album version breakdowns, etc. People just get different things from songs. Again, no one's right or wrong here. Just sayin'.. 15 seconds can plenty enough for some folks.

Filming rapped last night and let's just say you will not be disapointed. Lots of black and white glamour with M holding a cig, plus some bondage chic. U are gonna go crazy over this!

Filming rapped last night and let's just say you will not be disapointed. Lots of black and white glamour with M holding a cig, plus some bondage chic. U are gonna go crazy over this!

I hope you're not shittin' us! Because this sounds great. :inlove:

Yummy, where are you getting this from? How are you btw?

Very well thanks!

Keep the interview shoot as your point of reference.

The spoken word intro with M smoking her cig is a nod to Vogue and it is indeed everything!

Lots of half naked guys in the video as well!

I hope this is true! im so excited!! :wow:

It's ridiculous to pass judgement on a few seconds of a clip when you have no context of how it's gonna sound like with the rest of the song. There's the instrumental, the verses, the hook, the bridge, the vocals, everything. 3-4 minutes of it, and it all feeds into each other. Songs are meant to be enjoyed in full, especially pop songs. So yeah it's preposterous to panic when you really have n idea what the full thing is going to sound like.

The flip side of this is also claiming you love a song based on a small clip. I'm sure people were pleased when Madonna.com released that clip of the "chorus" (if we can call it that since its only in there twice) of American Life. Then the real thing came out and all hell broke loose.

God don't accuse me of being dramatic when you're the one writing a damn thesis on the politics of teasers vs. full songs. My primary gripe was the production of GGW, which can infact be judged based on a short clip. The song itself (lyrically, melodically) could be fine but I don't particularly appreciate the production. I've heard lots of people saying that the preview sounds like a Britney or Kesha reject, and I'm sort of inclined to agree, but who knows..Now I've read that the preview clips were either remixes or alternate/unfinished mixes for the album, so the outcome could be totally different.

Yummy is the whole video b&w, or only the beginning? Cause I don't care as long is good.

And can you tell us also if it's gonna be the album version or a remix on the video.

Edited by Mat.Guy

Some color effects that I can not describe cause I don't want to spoil the mystique and suprise. But TRUST this video will have you bowing at the queen's throne. What a moment...