Good Madonna Books

Shane

The last Madonna book I read was Christopher's book and although it was interesting at the same time I am sure he did overexagerate quite a bit just to make the book even more interesting and for him to squeeze a few more dollars out of it. Like the part where his kimono caught on fire and Madonna showed no care or compassion about it and just told him to put it back on for some sort of event she was hosting at her house or something like that, in the Ray Of Light days. That part to me sounded fake.

I actually liked this one a lot. Unfortunately I have come to accept that almost all music books have a random careless error or two. It's very annoying. But I put the Daryl Easlea book second only to Caroline Sullivan's in terms of great analyses of Madonna's albums.

Ah, and I'm so happy I FINALLY learned why EROTICA's Did You Do It was added to the album. Hah, that was a rather cool fact/story! :)

The last Madonna book I read was Christopher's book and although it was interesting at the same time I am sure he did overexagerate quite a bit just to make the book even more interesting and for him to squeeze a few more dollars out of it. Like the part where his kimono caught on fire and Madonna showed no care or compassion about it and just told him to put it back on for some sort of event she was hosting at her house or something like that, in the Ray Of Light days. That part to me sounded fake.

Is it true that he had to delete some stories because of legal issues? There was a blog a few years ago and it featured some weird stories, allegedely taken from Chris' book.

Guest Madomination

Plus, even if Chris was so underpaid, he still earned several hundred thousand dollars by his own admission.

Most of which I think, he blew away on drugs (oh yeah, doing a key line with Jack Nicholson!) and from the book he wrote, he apparently signed away 100K to some ex-lover. Moron!

51gzTdi5HXL.jpg

The Mammoth Book of Madonna offers a one-of-a-kind look at the Queen of Pop’s phenomenally successful career, just in time for the 30th anniversary of her first major tour, The Virgin Tour. Unlike other biographies, this book will not focus on the scandals about botox and boy toys, but instead include reviews, interviews, commentary, and Madonna’s own reflections that highlight her incredible success. Including a specially designed cover and beautiful, full-color photography throughout, this must-have volume will shed new light on Madonna’s videos, books, tours, fashion, and charity work for her millions of fans around the world.

http://www.amazon.com/Mammoth-Book-Madonna-Michelle-Morgan/dp/0762456213/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1424396666&sr=8-5&keywords=Michelle+Morgan

Great timing w/ this thread bc I've been getting into musical bios lately. Just read ALL The Police autobios and unofficial stuff. Now onto M, who I've only read about maybe 2 books total all my life.

Right now I'm reading, I think it's called, "M." There's a big M on the cover anyway. I think the author is Andrew Morton. It's okay.. it passes the time. It goes into a lot of her movies and marriages/relationships —the absolute least interesting things about Madonna to me. I mean he barely talks about LAP and never even hints that M went through her first drastic career change (reinvention) between LAV and True Blue. I got it used for 7 bucks. Whatever.

I hated Christopher's book. Not out of betrayal, but out of bad writing. His triumphant Thanksgiving moment of putting out the butter is the saddest thing I've ever read.

Lucy O'Brien's "Like An Icon" has some good analysis of the albums and the recording processes.

The Encyclopedia Madonnica is the greatest. I really hope the updated volume happens.

:laugh: I think about that passage every now and then. I always picture M storming off to get the butter wearing her Reinvention tour jacket and black shorts LOL idk why. I liked Christopher's book. Read it in 2 days.

51gzTdi5HXL.jpg

The Mammoth Book of Madonna offers a one-of-a-kind look at the Queen of Pop’s phenomenally successful career, just in time for the 30th anniversary of her first major tour, The Virgin Tour. Unlike other biographies, this book will not focus on the scandals about botox and boy toys, but instead include reviews, interviews, commentary, and Madonna’s own reflections that highlight her incredible success. Including a specially designed cover and beautiful, full-color photography throughout, this must-have volume will shed new light on Madonna’s videos, books, tours, fashion, and charity work for her millions of fans around the world.

http://www.amazon.com/Mammoth-Book-Madonna-Michelle-Morgan/dp/0762456213/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1424396666&sr=8-5&keywords=Michelle+Morgan

mmmmm! this one looks good!!