Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1678456/madonna-super-bowl-top-mtv-performances.jhtml

Madonna Super Bowl Preview: Her Top Five MTV Performances

Days before her big halftime show, MTV News counts down the Queen of Pop's most-iconic moments on our stage.

By John Mitchell

America will be the first audience for the Queen of Pop in over two years when Madonna takes the stage at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis as the halftime act for Super Bowl XLVI. If her history with MTV is any indicator, she's likely to blow the roof off the joint.

Madonna is known for her over-the-top live performances and will most assuredly have her game face on with the world watching this Sunday. Not that she ever slacks in the live performance department: Her most recent tour, Sticky & Sweet, was the highest-grossing tour ever by a solo artist and the fourth-biggest tour of all time. From Live Aid in 1985 to Live 8, 20 years later, she's headlined some of the biggest musical events of the past quarter century.

Some of her best and most-iconic performances, though, have taken place on MTV. Her relationship with the channel has been a symbiotic one: We gave her a nice big platform early in her career and she ran with it, writhing onstage to "Like a Virgin" at the 1984 Video Music Awards, earning heaps of press for herself and our first big show while helping to establish the VMAs as the performance event they are today. She's since thanked us by returning again and again to tear up the stage with some of her biggest hits.

As we gear up for Madonna's big gig at the Super Bowl, we take a look back with a countdown of her biggest and best MTV performances.

5. "Hung Up," 2005 MTV EMAs Less than three months after a fall from a horse broke her collarbone, hand and three ribs, Madonna opened the 2005 MTV Europe Music Awards with a performance of the lead single from her Grammy-winning Confessions on a Dance Floor. Wearing a purple leotard and matching leather boots, Madonna emerged from a massive disco ball looking and sounding as strong as ever to perform the Stuart Price co-produced track, which went on to become her 36th top 10 hit in America and topped the charts in 41 countries. Madonna's dancing and energy here proved what we've long suspected — that she is a real-life "X-Men" character with superhuman regeneration powers. How else do you explain the then-47-year-old's ability to put on a show-stopping performance after a fall that would have sidelined far-younger performers for much longer?

4. "Like a Virgin/Hollywood," 2003 VMAs

Yeah, you knew it was coming. It was the kiss heard 'round the world. The performance opened as a tribute to Madonna's iconic 1984 VMA take on "Like a Virgin" (more on that below) with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera trading vocals before segueing into a performance of "Hollywood" from American Life. The audience rose to its feet as Her Madgesty descended from atop a wedding cake, dressed in a feminized tuxedo, to dance, sing and, yes, smooch, Spears and Aguilera. The kiss caused a firestorm of controversy and remains one of the biggest pop-culture moments of the past decade.

3. "Like a Virgin," 1984 VMAs

There she was: Then an up-and-coming singer with a few hits ("Holiday," "Lucky Star") under her trademark "Boy Toy" belt, wearing a wedding gown and shimmying her way down a wedding cake at the first-ever MTV Video Music Awards. It remains arguably one of the most landmark live musical performances in history and was a fitting national introduction to Madonna. Oh, and her famous roll-on-the-floor dance move, you know the one — M rolling around onstage with her dress up over her head — well, Madonna didn't mean for that to happen. As she told Jay Leno earlier this week, she lost her shoe as she was descending the wedding cake set piece and, in an effort to dive for it without being obvious, she rolled across the stage. After she came offstage, her then-manager Freddy DeMann told her that she'd gone too far and her career was over. What do you think about that now, Freddy?

2. "Express Yourself," 1989 VMAs

It might not be as iconic as her VMA debut or as controversial as "The Kiss," but Madonna's simple, full-voiced performance of "Express Yourself" at the 1989 VMAs is one of her best and serves as a roundup of everything we loved about '80s Madonna (that hair, those baggy pants!) and a preview of what was to come in the '90s. Unlike many of her performances, this take on "Express Yourself" feels very stripped down — just Madonna, two backup singers (longtime touring collaborators Niki Haris and Donna DeLory) and a light-up staircase. The choreography and staging largely foreshadowed how Madge tackled her tune as the opening number for her legendary 1990 Blonde Ambition World Tour, but late in the performance, she gives the audience their first taste of voguing months before "Vogue" actually hit radio in 1990. We also get a pre-cone-bra look at Madonna in a Jean Paul Gaultier bustier, a look she would rock well into the new decade. Perhaps best of all, as she walks offstage knowing she just nailed it, we get a glimpse of that signature Madonna confidence when the pop superstar high-fives Haris and DeLory and simply proclaims "Yeah!" as she disappears offstage.

1. "Vogue," 1990 VMAs

A year later, Madonna returned to the Video Music Awards to present what could be the most-influential pop performance in the awards' history. With the stage ornately decorated to resemble an 18th century French parlor and her dancers in period grab, Madonna took the stage dressed, massive powdered wig and all, like Marie Antoinette to launch a full-on performance-art spectacle set to her #1 hit "Vogue." Backed by her Blonde Ambition dancers as well as Haris and DeLory, Madonna lip-synched and fan-danced her way through the elaborate, sexy and innovative act with so much superstar swagger that it practically radiated from the TV. And 21 years later, you can see the impact of this performance — and more broadly, this period of Madonna's career — everywhere, from Lady Gaga's VMA performance of "Paparazzi" in 2009 to just about every tour any female pop star has launched since. Madonna didn't just give her peers license to put on theatrical concerts and over-the-top TV performances, she made it a pop necessity.

Aren't you excited for a new vogue coreography? I hope it's something more enthusiastic like S&S not so slow like the GMAYL coreo.

I wonder if she will use a headset for this :D

I think a lot of the GMAYL video elements will be incorporated into the live performance - including the choreography, which is quite topical. I can also see the 'pyramid' happening with footballers taking her up on their shoulders.. and the cheerleaders with anime masks... and the lighting footballer helmet things.. they would look amazing.

I wonder if she will use a headset for this :D

I'm really wondering this too and what that would mean. People would think she's lip-syncing...and whether or not she WILL be lip-syncing. I hope not.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

So when is her Superbowl slot CET? Sunday night at 02.00H?

I know BBC starts the broadcast at 23.55H CET...

Thanx

Game starts at 6:30pm ET, which would be 12:30am where you are. Game usually takes about 3.5 hours including about a half hour for half-time, so estimate her start time around 8pm ET, or 2am your time.

Game starts at 6:30pm ET, which would be 12:30am where you are. Game usually takes about 3.5 hours including about a half hour for half-time, so estimate her start time around 8pm ET, or 2am your time.

So that's around 1am UK time. That's not too bad at all. I wonder if the half time show will be repeated in the UK, it needs maximum exposure everywhere.

Guest groovyguy

http://axestaticprocess.com/2012/02/04/mdna-hits-1-on-itunes-super-bowl-news/

MDNA hits #1 on iTunes & Super Bowl News!

4 02 2012

Madonna did it again! In less than 24 hours her new video clip “Give Me All Your Luvin’” got more than 2.800.000 hits on her Official YouTube Channel and her album MDNA (which will be released on March 26th) hit the #1 spot on pretty much every iTunes Store! Incredible, even for the Queen of Pop, who is no stranger to huge success!

For the Super Bowl Halftime, Madonna will have her amazing dancers (including Jason Young, Sofia Boutella, Valeree Pohl, Nicole Winhoffer and choreographers Rich & Tone) and Kevin Antunes as the Musical Director/Keyboards, Monte Pittman on guitar (with his brand new Jarrell MPS signature model) and Brian Frasier-Moore on drums (with his awesome Drum Craft kit)!

Madonna will sing “Give Me All Your Luvin’” with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. and 3 songs from her previous albums.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=what-i-m-most-excited-for-this-super-bowl-sunday-madonna-s-arms&t=fb

What I’m Most Excited For This Super Bowl Sunday: Madonna’s Arms

22 hours ago by Deborah Dunham

With over 100 million viewers expected to tune into the Super Bowl this Sunday, all eyes will be on…Madonna‘s arms. Well, at least mine will. I mean, have you seen her lately? For 53 years old, she looks fantastic–”bulging biceps” and all, as the Daily Mail has pointed out. Of course, they’re not the first to get up in arms over Madonna’s arms (and other female celebs with toned physiques): Plenty of headlines have criticized her for looking “too buff” or like she’s putting in too much time at the gym. But isn’t it time we stop giving women heat for looking strong?They’re just strong and healthy role models, who happen to have strong a kick-ass, rock-hard body—all things that I aspire to myself.

Earlier this week, when talking about Madonna’s upcoming half-time performance (which will be awesome, by the way without any wardrobe malfunctions, she promises), the Daily Mail wrote:

Bulging biceps and tiny waist: Gym junkie Madonna is back on form… and with those muscles could be competing in the Super Bowl herself.

They went on to say:

Madge sported a pinstriped outfit for the occasion, with her waistcoat revealing her bulging biceps which have made her synonymous with the gym junkie culture.

In prior reports, the media has condemned the Material Girl for her strong arms, saying she looked “unhealthy” and even “grotesque” with “protruding veins”. Good Morning America ran a segment a few months ago debating the merits of women who have defined biceps, washboard abs and sculpted legs, wondering if it’s a “bad look” for us to be “too toned.” Madonna was one of the women whose muscular bod sparked that controversy, with some wondering if such a physique can still be considered feminine and sexy.

Hell, yeah!

And while Madonna admits that she used to hit the gym pretty hard, in an interview this week with Anderson Cooper, she claims to have cut back. When asked is she worked out obsessively, she replied:

Mania? There is that rumor. I don’t work out as much as I used to to tell you the truth, it’s been widdled down to an hour and a half five days a week. I have four kids, I have five jobs.

Personally, I think Madonna and any other fit, strong, muscular women are beautiful, and provide much-needed role models of health and fitness. It just irks me that women are called-out for being buff–after all, no one writes about men who are “too buff” with “bulging biceps”. Our society has come a long way at accepting women of all shapes, sizes and weights. So in the name of being body positive, let’s start including those who choose to rock buff bodies, too.

Go, Madonna! I’ll be watching you–and your awesome arms–on Sunday!

Guest groovyguy

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/550-update-super-bowl-for-italian-fans-on-sportitalia-2.html

Update: Super Bowl for Italian Fans on Sportitalia 2

As we already reported, Italian Madonna's fans can watch the Super Bowl live on Sportitalia. But the latest news is that the big event will be broadcast by Sportitalia 2 (digitale terrestre - channel 61).

We remind you that you can also watch the Super Bowl live on ESPN America (satellite - in chiaro, pacchetto SKY).

The live coverage start at midnight (Italian local time).

http://boston.sbnation.com/new-england-patriots/2012/2/4/2770805/super-bowl-2012-patriots-vs-giants-bill-belichick-prepares-for

Super Bowl 2012, Patriots Vs. Giants: Bill Belichick Prepares For Madonna's Halftime Show

Feb

10:51a

by Jay King

Read More: New England Patriots, New York Giants

Through the years, Bill Belichick has earned a reputation as a meticulous coach who prepares for any situations. After Tom Brady used a quick-kick punt in the AFC Divisional Round against the Denver Broncos, for example, Brady noted that it was about time the Patriots used the play: he'd been practicing it for five years.

So it's no surprise that Belichick scripted practice this week with Madonna's Super Bowl Halftime Show in mind. (via WEEI)

"Normally our halftime is 12 minutes and this halftime will be closer to 30," Belichick said during Friday's press conference. "It gets into a whole restarting mentality. It's not like taking a break and coming out in the second half. It's like starting the game all over again. It's like playing a game, stopping, and then playing a second game, a doubleheader in baseball if you will. I think that makes it a little bit different.

"We tried to simulate that in practice on Wednesday. We had the players go through that process of restarting. You can have a meeting about it, you can talk about this is what it's going to be like. I just felt that it was beneficial for our team, this year, to actually put them through that-go out there and warm up, practice, take a break, shut it down for a half hour, go into the locker room, simulate what a halftime would be, in terms of corrections, adjustments, and re-starting our bodies both mentally and physically to restart the game."

so tonight is your last chance of getting it right, of rehearsing it for the very last time, to make it even more perfect. i know ur nervous and okay it's a big deal. but just feel all the L U V from your fans and everything will be alright. you never lett us down, u won't do this time. just enjoy your performance and it will shine through. we will enjoy it. welcum back dear.

ur fans.

so tonight is your last chance of getting it right, of rehearsing it for the very last time, to make it even more perfect. i know ur nervous and okay it's a big deal. but just feel all the L U V from your fans and everything will be alright. you never lett us down, u won't do this time. just enjoy your performance and it will shine through. we will enjoy it. welcum back dear.

ur fans.

:thumbsup:

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

ur fans.

Retard.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

ur fans.

You know she isn't reading this, right?

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

Dear Madonna,

I hope you fuck up tomorrow. I hope your lipsync track fails and your crow voice deafens America. I hope your old lady tits pop out and blind America. I hope your stage collapses.

Love,

Fuct

P.S. Just kidding. Reductive.

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

actually you are more retarded :clap:

Don't talk to royalty that way, you reductive moldy penis. May the light burn a hole in your rectum.