Madonna Confirmed To Appear On "The Marriage Ref"!

moe

Guest dicktracy

..cultural provocateur..enveloppe pusher extraordinaire..

Really? This isn't the 80's or early 90's. The days of 'Like A Prayer', 'Justify My Love' and the 'SEX' book are LOOONG gone. When's the last time Madonna pushed the envelope to ANY effect? Madonna is waaaay past that. The only point I'm trying to make is that Madonna would be better off showcasing her best talent to a mainstream audience: PERFORMING. Since radio couldn't care less about Madonna, why doesn't she gon Ellen, Oprah, the late night shows to try and move some units? Everyone else is doing it (new acts as well as established ones). Is her head so far up her ass that she TRULY thinks she's above going on David Letterman and knocking our socks off?

Because she doesn't have to. People talk about Madonna aging gracefully and acting more mature but they only focus on her love life and wardrobe. She's grown and matured enough to realize that she can't be the next big thing forever and that her family and other endeavors (charity work, spirituality, etc...) are more dear to her heart and what really matters in the end. Madonna is never going to do what everybody else is doing. I think it's refreshing that in these times when everyone is starved for attention (youtube, hello?) she's sort of given up on it. She doesn't do anything just for attention anymore, people just will talk about her regardless (adoption, untouched photos, donation).

..cultural provocateur..enveloppe pusher extraordinaire..

Really? This isn't the 80's or early 90's. The days of 'Like A Prayer', 'Justify My Love' and the 'SEX' book are LOOONG gone. When's the last time Madonna pushed the envelope to ANY effect? Madonna is waaaay past that. The only point I'm trying to make is that Madonna would be better off showcasing her best talent to a mainstream audience: PERFORMING. Since radio couldn't care less about Madonna, why doesn't she gon Ellen, Oprah, the late night shows to try and move some units? Everyone else is doing it (new acts as well as established ones). Is her head so far up her ass that she TRULY thinks she's above going on David Letterman and knocking our socks off?

:lmao:

It's her album to sell- do some of you make money off her albums or something??

I agree with Alberto – appearing on a shitty new reality show is ruining her iconic mystique. I hope the next album is so not commercial. She’ll need to be un-commercial to preserve her integrity and my sanity. I’ll always be a fan even if it gets ugly – which I hope to God it never does.

I think she is just doing it as a favor to Jerry Seinfeld's wife. I do kind of wish she wouldn't do it because it seems dumb and tacky, but I don't think in the long run it will do much damage to hear as most likely noone will watch it.

Right now she doesn't have anything to perform until she finishes her new record. So she can't really go on those big shows.

I don't think it will ruin her mystique because Madonna has never been a recluse like person. She has always been pretty accessible and open with the media and on tv all the time, at least up until recently.

I think she is just doing it as a favor to Jerry Seinfeld's wife. I do kind of wish she wouldn't do it because it seems dumb and tacky, but I don't think in the long run it will do much damage to hear as most likely noone will watch it.

Right now she doesn't have anything to perform until she finishes her new record. So she can't really go on those big shows.

I don't think it will ruin her mystique because Madonna has never been a recluse like person. She has always been pretty accessible and open with the media and on tv all the time, at least up until recently.

Mystique isn’t always about being bizarre – withdrawn or aloof – Madonna has a quality about her that’s larger than life – I don’t care if she’s friends with Rosie O’Donnell – she’s still Madonna.

I agree with Alberto – appearing on a shitty new reality show is ruining her iconic mystique. I hope the next album is so not commercial. She’ll need to be un-commercial to preserve her integrity and my sanity. I’ll always be a fan even if it gets ugly – which I hope to God it never does.

If the Gap ad and duet with Britney of 2003 didn't finish her off (not to mention all the bad movies) I don't think a TV show is anything to worry about.

They've been showing commercials for this show during "The Office" and "30 Rock" for a while now -- over a month, it feels like. And the commercials actually made me laugh a little. I don't think it's a problem for her to do this.

Actually, all the headlines I saw today were kind of snarky, saying "twice-divorced Madonna" etc. Which is a bit of a slap at her, and it's kind of rude, because the commercials NOW are showing the first panel of guests include Kelly Ripa ( :inlove: ) and Alec Baldwin. Now, Alec Baldwin is divorced and famously harsh to his daughter in a voicemail rant, so why pick on Madonna as a guest? Maybe the point is to have someone from a (seemingly) successful relationship and someone from a failed marriage and someone who's not married at all, etc. We don't really know the full concept yet in that regard.

Furthermore... I think it was actually a good thing Madonna did not perform at this Grammy Awards. She was not heavily nominated and there was no way she was going to win against "Pokerface" this year. With Pink's standout performance and Gaga's debacle high-profile perfomance with Elton -- there was no way Madonna was really even going to be talked about this year, unless she really wowed the crowd somehow. But I really don't see that happening with a track like "Celebration" or a medley of her 80s hits. (And with Lil Wayne's legal drama, I don't think "Revolver" would have been a smart selection either.) She was smart to sit it out a year, if it really was her choice to avoid the proceedings (and not a programming choice by producers).

If the Gap ad and duet with Britney of 2003 didn't finish her off (not to mention all the bad movies) I don't think a TV show is anything to worry about.

Add the weight of being over 50 – with questionable facial surgery. A previous album that’s commercial appeal is two years too late – it sold because it’s Madonna.

Being the tour goddess she is – and debuting at number one for all four studio albums of the last decade – is keeping her afloat – God I’ve turned into one of them – those fans that bitch – this is why I haven’t posted here in a while – there’s no real news about a new album or anything else I can about – so we find things to bitch about while we wait – until new things come and we bitch about those – tearing at everything – just because.

Madonna will take on a new profession - marriage referee - when she makes a rare television appearance on an upcoming show from comedian Jerry Seinfeld about feuding couples.

Madonna will be one of a panel of celebrities on "The Marriage Ref" who will decide which spouse should be declared "winner" of a domestic spat filmed in their own homes.

She is listed along with British comedian Ricky Gervais and American Larry David in an episode to be filmed in New York before a studio audience next week.

Actors Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, and "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria are also among those expected to make up the rotating celebrity panel on "The Marriage Ref", which debuts on NBC on Feb 28.

"The Marriage Ref" sees the return to TV of the creative talents of the popular star of 1990s U.S. comedy series "Seinfeld".

The light-hearted show is one of the centerpieces of NBC's efforts to revamp its prime-time line-up following the axing of its five nights a week "Jay Leno Show" after just five months.

From an article from Reuters.

I can't wait to see it. I'll take Madonna anyway she wants to entertain us. Don't see the big deal why some must criticize or dissect this to death? I'm just going to enjoy it. AS IT SHOULD BE!!

I don't see the big deal why you should point out that others shouldn't criticize or dissect things in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MISERABLE POST of yours :manson:

Stop trying to STIFLE discussion here, you prudish NAZI

They've been showing commercials for this show during "The Office" and "30 Rock" for a while now -- over a month, it feels like. And the commercials actually made me laugh a little. I don't think it's a problem for her to do this.

Actually, all the headlines I saw today were kind of snarky, saying "twice-divorced Madonna" etc. Which is a bit of a slap at her, and it's kind of rude, because the commercials NOW are showing the first panel of guests include Kelly Ripa ( :inlove: ) and Alec Baldwin. Now, Alec Baldwin is divorced and famously harsh to his daughter in a voicemail rant, so why pick on Madonna as a guest? Maybe the point is to have someone from a (seemingly) successful relationship and someone from a failed marriage and someone who's not married at all, etc. We don't really know the full concept yet in that regard.

Yeah I know! I heard about it on the news too and it kinda sounded like they were taking little digs at her. Plus they used one of the crappiest pictures they could have used from RRHOF.

The Marriage Ref,' with or without Madonna: Are you looking forward to this?

by Ken Tucker

Categories: Game shows, Love & Marriage, News, Odd Couples, Olympics, Television

You can’t miss the promotion NBC is giving The Marriage Ref during the Olympics broadcast. This game show produced by Jerry Seinfeld — “Thursdays, after the Olympics!” – recently announced that one of its guest “referees” will be Madonna, making a rare non-music-related, non-talk-show TV appearance.

My guess is that Madonna is probably friendly with Seinfeld and thought this would be an amusing thing to do. And who knows, it may well prove to be, though I have a hard time imagining Madonna can become invested in adjudicating marital problems about a stuffed dead dog. Horse, maybe; but not a dog.

Not having seen a full episode of The Marriage Ref, I’m not writing a review of the show here. I like the host, Tom Papa, from his stand-up-comic work. Judging from the commercials alone, folks as amusing as Alec Baldwin and as peppy as Kelly Ripa deliver lines that sound a bit scripted to me. Which wouldn’t be anything new or bad in game shows. If you think the celebs on Hollywood Squares and The Match Game were improvising 100% of the time, you also probably think everyone involved in The Bachelor is really looking for true love. But even if the judges are fed punchlines, that still doesn’t necessarily mean The Marriage Ref won’t be funny. I’m keeping an open mind.

Part of me thinks seeing Madonna in ultra-haughty mode will fun to watch. But at other times, I think I’d just as soon see Lady Gaga give marriage advice than Madonna. Or even Sean Penn. At least with Penn, there’s always the chance he might take a spontaneous swing at someone on the panel…

Are you looking forward to The Marriage Ref?

Yeah I know! I heard about it on the news too and it kinda sounded like they were taking little digs at her. Plus they used one of the crappiest pictures they could have used from RRHOF.

Yeah, but who cares. As long as she has fun, right?? I suspect she's going to do more television when she gets the chance since her days on the big screen are probably up. But it won't stop her from directing and doing other things surrounding films.

I never heard of the show. Probably will never watch it after Madonna appears, but being a huge fan for nearly 30 years of Madonna, I can't wait.

Is American Life commercial?

American Life is probably one of her less commercial album BUT it's commercial after all. Hollywood, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Mother and Father, Die Another Day are all pretty commercial songs.

And American Life is just ONE album. Confessions is one of her most commercial album ever, and the same goes for Ray Of Light and Music etc. And what about the 80s?

Just because it's electronic music and not urban music doesn't mean it' not commercial.

Get real, we are not talking about Kate Bush working with Timbaland and Timberlake.

Is American Life commercial?

Compared to something like Janet Jackson or Mariah Carey it's not commercial, but overall I don't think it's as daring as people make it out to be. And in the end a lot of the tracks don't work.

Anyway, when Erotica flopped Madonna spent a long time being commercial in order to fix things, from the lite R&B album to drifting dangerously close to Celine Dion music, so it's just that again with the last two albums.

American Life is probably one of her less commercial album BUT it's commercial after all. Hollywood, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Mother and Father, Die Another Day are all pretty commercial songs.

And American Life is just ONE album. Confessions is one of her most commercial album ever, and the same goes for Ray Of Light and Music etc. And what about the 80s?

Just because it's electronic music and not urban music doesn't mean it' not commercial.

Get real, we are not talking about Kate Bush working with Timbaland and Timberlake.

Madonna is a commercial artist – I’m not naïve to that fact. However her move into electronic music for me has made her a stronger/more consistent recording artist. American Life – if it were release by anyone other than Madonna – would’ve been praised for being so damn daring but because it was her people just said she failed at being avant-garde – everything just sounded wrong.

Compared to something like Janet Jackson or Mariah Carey it's not commercial, but overall I don't think it's as daring as people make it out to be. And in the end a lot of the tracks don't work.

Anyway, when Erotica flopped Madonna spent a long time being commercial in order to fix things, from the lite R&B album to drifting dangerously close to Celine Dion music, so it's just that again with the last two albums.

I know Madonna plays it safe after she fails commercially with an album that’s going left – but I want her to go left again – soon – the suspense is killing me.

Madonna has always been more daring and even un-commercial compared to the bullshit Mariah and Janet records.

I know Madonna plays it safe after she fails commercially with an album that's going left – but I want her to go left again – soon – the suspense is killing me.

I suspect she's going to play it safe again. I think she was trying to do that with Hard Candy by appealing to the current music scene. It just didn't work. I suspect she may go back to more dancy/electronic stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. It's Madonna.

I suspect she's going to play it safe again. I think she was trying to do that with Hard Candy by appealing to the current music scene. It just didn't work. I suspect she may go back to more dancy/electronic stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. It's Madonna.

I don't why she would play it safe -- Live Nation will make the most money from her tour. She's over 50, she has every right to go left and un-commercial for the sake of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pud Whacker

THE MOST INFUENTIAL FUCKING FEMALE SINGER OF ALL TIME..cultural provocateur..enveloppe pusher extraordinaire..

25 plus years in2 her career, the legend at age 52 in an era where MTV & physical records have become obsolete..um Okay.

VMA AMA GRAMMY Britney Gaga Beyonce BEP chlamydia Gonorrhea.

Don't make me get Cher 2 tell u 2 snap out of it.. :americanlife:

:rotfl: