Icon Message

Flip The Switch

Hello suckers,

Another year, another £10 billion banked.

Thanks to everyone who bought Celebration. It was a great way of making royalties from some of the 80s stuff I recorded that people stopped buying two decades ago.

A lot of effort went into the remastering of these tracks - my thanks go to the National Association Of The Deaf for their contribution.

Likewise, remastering the videos worked so well. The videos turned out so grainy, they made my face back then look like it does now.

It was brilliant taking Sticky And Sweet back on the road. Part two enabled us to visit so many countries I haven't been to, for people who were previously unable to witness first time round what a steaming pile of shit the 2008 gigs were.

I loved making the video for Celebration. It was the most fun I'd had in 20 minutes since I made the Jump video.

I've decided not to make a video for my next single, the Frida Kahlo and Maya Angelou inspired Revolver. With such deep, pure and kaballah-esque lyrics like 'I shoot em bang bang' I don't believe any video could do the poetry of these words justice. Besides, my directors of choice, The Cheeky Girls, were not available.

I made a great friend in lady GaGa this year. Her success, ear for a good melody and gift of self promotion has inspired me to put my ear to the ground and work some of the most cutting edge yet unknown producers available. So I have pencilled in studio time with Jam and Lewis, Jermaine DuPri, Red One and George Martin for the new year.

I can't wait for 2010. I have my eye on a spastic in Kenya, a dwarf in Istanbul and a syphillis-ridden ladyboy in Thailand I'm planning on buying to complete my Benneton family.

Love to you all (who spend your money on me)

M.

That's not even funny at all. Anybody that TRULY feels that way and is still here IS pathetic sorry. Whoever wrote that DOES NOT hold her in high regard at all, maybe they once did but that was OBVIOUSLY a long time ago. Seriously why even be a fan of somebody you you have no admiration or respect for currently.

That's not even funny at all. Anybody that TRULY feels that way and is still here IS pathetic sorry. Whoever wrote that DOES NOT hold her in high regard at all, maybe they once did but that was OBVIOUSLY a long time ago. Seriously why even be a fan of somebody you you have no admiration or respect for currently.

admiration comes and goes. who knows, maybe her next project will be something of her best. looking at the latest project though... well I don't see it happen. bitch needs to take a break and get real.

by the way that's how I feel. I am allowed to. I don't have to categorically love Madonna just to be here. fair play to me, eh?

Jesus Christ, its a joke. Grow a sense of humour.

The original letter is sweet.

admiration comes and goes. who knows, maybe her next project will be something of her best. looking at the latest project though... well I don't see it happen. bitch needs to take a break and get real.

by the way that's how I feel. I am allowed to. I don't have to categorically love Madonna just to be here. fair play to me, eh?

That letter would've been better suited for the Flea Dip board than a board that people who LIKE her come to visit. YOU need to take a break and get real or just get off altogether. Obviously you aren't feeling her so again other than annoying her fans, why would you possibly want to spend time here currently. You've just admitted you don't like anything she's done recently, in your eyes her future looks bleak and you think she needs to take a break. You can hate Madonna all you want and be here, I understand that. The question though is....why would you want to??

Jesus Christ, its a joke. Grow a sense of humour.

The original letter is sweet.

Funny how you don't mind constantly "joking" about Madonna but as soon as someone wants to have a laugh on Britney or Gaga the claws come out and the vitriolic responses flow freely.

Guest Danny86

This excuse comes up more often the "threatened by Gaga" shit. Nobody is here to categorically love Madonna and NOBODY LOVES EVERYTHING SHE DOES. But what you did was outright bashing and like it was said already, it does not belong to a forum like this. And yes, there are several people here who let us know every single day that they are not feeling Madonna and repeat the "take a break and get inspired" stuff till no end, it's their right to do that because it's not breaking any rules, but they do deserve the same reaction you got for this, so don't play the victim because you asked for it.

This excuse comes up more often the "threatened by Gaga" shit. Nobody is here to categorically love Madonna and NOBODY LOVES EVERYTHING SHE DOES. But what you did was outright bashing and like it was said already, it does not belong to a forum like this. And yes, there are several people here who let us know every single day that they are not feeling Madonna and repeat the "take a break and get inspired" stuff till no end, it's their right to do that because it's not breaking any rules, but they do deserve the same reaction you got for this, so don't play the victim because you asked for it.

And THAT IS what it IS. Say whatever you want sure, but be prepared for people to respond however THEY want.

Hello suckers,

Thanks to everyone who bought Celebration. It was a great way of making royalties from some of the 80s stuff I recorded that people stopped buying two decades ago.

A lot of effort went into the remastering of these tracks - my thanks go to the National Association Of The Deaf for their contribution.

Likewise, remastering the videos worked so well. The videos turned out so grainy, they made my face back then look like it does now.

It was brilliant taking Sticky And Sweet back on the road. Part two enabled us to visit so many countries I haven't been to, for people who were previously unable to witness first time round what a steaming pile of shit the 2008 gigs were.

I loved making the video for Celebration. It was the most fun I'd had in 20 minutes since I made the Jump video.

I've decided not to make a video for my next single, the Frida Kahlo and Maya Angelou inspired Revolver. With such deep, pure and kaballah-esque lyrics like 'I shoot em bang bang' I don't believe any video could do the poetry of these words justice. Besides, my directors of choice, The Cheeky Girls, were not available.

I made a great friend in lady GaGa this year. Her success, ear for a good melody and gift of self promotion has inspired me to put my ear to the ground and work some of the most cutting edge yet unknown producers available. So I have pencilled in studio time with Jam and Lewis, Jermaine DuPri, Red One and George Martin for the new year.

I can't wait for 2010. I have my eye on a spastic in Kenya, a dwarf in Istanbul and a syphillis-ridden ladyboy in Thailand I'm planning on buying to complete my Benneton family.

M.

:rotfl::lmao:

I’ve just finished a script for a film that I hope to make next year. Its working title is W.E. It’s two love stories intertwined together. One is about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and the other is a fictional story of a woman searching for love. That’s all I am going to reveal at the moment. Stay tuned for further info on this.

Sounds like a cut-price French Lieutenant's Woman

Hello suckers,

M.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: So wrong yet funny as hell.

I think its interesting that all the conflict in this board is created by the same tiny group of 3 or 4 people that either go into the Pop Princesses part of the board to trash them all because theyre NO MADONNA or get up in arms in this part of the board over every minute statement that they perceive as cricital of Madonna. If anyone should be banned, its them. THOUGHTS?

Mats, the letter was funny, and while I see no reason to freakout over it (Kurt420 I'm looking at you)... I personally am starting to crack down on people who are here to mess around and give the fans here hell. I just suspended Waiting for being a troll in the Madonna sections. Not once have I seen you post anything irritating about Madonna, so this isn't a warning or post targeting you at all... just a general reminder to ANYONE who are feeling "eh" with Madonna and want to scream it at the top of their lungs. The minute "discussion" becomes "badgering," there will be DISCIPLINE. So if Madonna is boring you at the moment, that's TOTALLY cool, just don't emphasize it in every post. Because once it becomes constant, it starts to become an issue of making trouble, rather than having normal discussion.

And Kurt/Danny, your reaction to his post was a little over the top. You can tell from the first line that he was just making a dirty joke. Calm down guys, if there's a problem, the moderators WILL take care of it. Mats is not Waiting. So calm yourselves.

I think its interesting that all the conflict in this board is created by the same tiny group of 3 or 4 people that either go into the Pop Princesses part of the board to trash them all because theyre NO MADONNA or get up in arms in this part of the board over every minute statement that they perceive as cricital of Madonna. If anyone should be banned, its them. THOUGHTS?

The conflict on this board is caused by people like yourself who do things just to spite fans like myself. I find it odd (maybe a little sad) that is "normal" to want to constantly bash the person who this forum is dedicated to. Legitimate discussion and constructive criticism are fine and healthy and should be encouraged because how boring would it be to come here and have people gushing over every move she makes. But it's gotten out of hand, even mods are starting to note it. I've been here since this place has been open dear and I don't think I've even gotten an official warning about ANYTHING I've said in that 6 year time. YOU and others on the other hand are CONSTANTLY being warned and suspended temporarily. So WHO is causing CONFLICT and WHO should be banned again?

Guest Hot Revolver

Mats, the letter was funny, and while I see no reason to freakout over it (Kurt420 I'm looking at you)... I personally am starting to crack down on people who are here to mess around and give the fans here hell. I just suspended Waiting for being a troll in the Madonna sections. Not once have I seen you post anything irritating about Madonna, so this isn't a warning or post targeting you at all... just a general reminder to ANYONE who are feeling "eh" with Madonna and want to scream it at the top of their lungs. The minute "discussion" becomes "badgering," there will be DISCIPLINE. So if Madonna is boring you at the moment, that's TOTALLY cool, just don't emphasize it in every post. Because once it becomes constant, it starts to become an issue of making trouble, rather than having normal discussion.

And Kurt/Danny, your reaction to his post was a little over the top. You can tell from the first line that he was just making a dirty joke. Calm down guys, if there's a problem, the moderators WILL take care of it. Mats is not Waiting. So calm yourselves.

Great, now sticky this so everyone sees it

What is badgering? What is constant complaining? Who draws the line? So if people dont like something they cant say it now? Is this ICON? Everyone said this is a DISCUSSION board and not an APPRECIATION board. Why the change of heart? I mean lets be honest. Would anyone really want a board full of Kurts and Dannys?

What is badgering? What is constant complaining? Who draws the line? So if people dont like something they cant say it now? Is this ICON? Everyone said this is a DISCUSSION board and not an APPRECIATION board. Why the change of heart? I mean lets be honest. Would anyone really want a board full of Kurts and Dannys?

Well I hate to keep bringing up Waiting but there's your example. Every post he made was an attempt to rile people up. His opinions weren't really opinions, they were just opportunities for him to sit back and enjoy a mess of defensive Madonna fans.

The road goes both ways. Danny and Kurt know how they come across, and I've swooped in COUNTLESS times and told them to shut it. But what about those who come into threads and say shit like "WELL IT APPEARS THAT MADONNA HAS TRULY HIT THE NADIR NOW, IT IS TIME FOR THE QUEEN GAGA TO REIGN SUPREME" ... I mean really, what is that? It's not even humorous or cheeky. It's fucking irritating.

And really, while you tend to get into it with a lot of people here, you're not one of them, so you have no reason to worry. I am not becoming a nazi mod. There are two sides to the coin, and I posted that to let people know that the more they abuse their privileges here, the more likely they're going to get punished for it. Personally I enjoy the increased activity that the ridiculous Gaga phenomenon has caused, but I'm not going to allow people to run around like idiots just so that they can get an ego boost because they STUCK IT TO THE LOONS. And vice versa, btw.

IT SHOULD BE A DISCUSSION BOARD. I DON'T THINK ANYBODY IS DISPUTING THAT. But OVERWHELMINGLY the discussion about Madonna has turned into constant nitpicking and flat out dissing by certain members and I assume those are the ones 12:51 is talking about. You may get on my damn nerves half the time, but I KNOW you love Madonna and I wouldn't want you banned or anything like that. YOU and others have to understand though, this IS a Madonna DISCUSSION board. MORE THAN LIKELY you are GOING to run into fans who don't DO NOT LIKE people CONSTANTLY attacking her in her own forum. Some people here say absolutely NOTHING positive about her unless it's a backhanded compliment. Perhaps they are fans and they like to show their fandom in a more sarcastic way....great....that's what the Other Shore is for. Everybody over there seems to take pleasure in tearing M to shreds no matter what she does and that's fine, they built that community up and everybody there is "in on it" it seems. I choose not to post there very much because I don't like discussing Madonna in that manner. No disrespect, there are some very cool people over there but it's just not for me. MadonnaNation has never been THAT kind of Madonna forum which is why I tend to stick around and I wouldn't want to see it turn that way, but that is what is gradually happening.

Perhaps many of the people here that seem to take pleasure in constantly bashing M or who may love her but not feel her now and wish to voice that constantly aren't aware of that forum. It's perfect for the type of fan who likes to give M a hard time all the time constantly.

I'm with Kurt all the way!! All the Madonna bashing and joking like it's funny is really getting old. You would swear sometimes we are posting in an "I hate Madonna" forum. :thumbsdown:

I certainly would. Danny is a GREAT poster

I agree^^. I'd take a forum full of "Kurts and Dannys" anyday versus "I hate Madonna" fans and trouble makers. I'm for free speech all the way. But, some people are here to only get a rile out of Madonna fans and be disrespectful.

oh I don't like anything she's done post-Hard Candy (yet I like everything before that). how disrespectful am I :manson:

That's not what anyone is saying and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Although that is a pretty dramatic comment considering she hasn't had an array of projects post HC.

I HONESTLY cannot think of a single person on this board that posts out of anything than love for Madonna. Yes some people seem to be discontent (that word is thrown around a lot) but we are all FANS. Actually since most of us take the time to talk about her daily I would call all of us LOONS. People just approach fandom in different ways and I dont think thats a reason to shut a particular group out to coddle the other.