US Chart Talk: 12/5/09

thebigham

so 3 freaks will lead next week eh? :fag:

that's cool, specially for Susan Boyle, her story is quite remarkable indeed.

I like Lambert's voice, and Gaga, well, she's the flavor of the moment.

I do like Rihanna's Rated R too and would have liked to see her over Gaga's "milk me " renditions. Boyle well, she's a cute freak

so thumbs up for all of them :thumbsup:

Guest nothingfails0603

enjoy Rihanna I do and Rated R is a decent album I think but kicks its ass I think "Fame Monster" does

oh screw it, I can't talk like Yoda, LOL

Guest Topaz Scorpio

enjoy Rihanna I do and Rated R is a decent album I think but kicks its ass I think "Fame Monster" does

oh screw it, I can't talk like Yoda, LOL

:lol:

Guest nothingfails0603

with the so-called "death" of Greatest Hits collections, I think more companies should try gimmicks like with The Immaculate Collection, where they weren't exactly the same versions on the albums so a lot of fans who owned the albums went and got it as well. I remember when I first heard TIC on cassette back in December 1990, even tho I knew every song on it by heart it was exciting to hear the new Q-sound versions, and while TIC became a perennial seller because it became "the" older Madonna album to have for people who jumped on board with ROL and afterwards, when it came out, a lot of people who already owned all the albums bought it because they were new spins making these songs fresh again. I prefer the original versions of the songs, but I think the Q-Sound remixes certainly helped TIC's initial burst on the chart.

Well, Adam is also extremely controversial, especially after the AMA performance. Jesus Freaks and Fox News watchers wish he'd get AIDS already, so he's doing phenomenal considering he's reaching a post-out level of success that George Michael, Pet Shop Boys and many others were denied after coming out.

Oh LOL

Guest nothingfails0603

Oh LOL

you have no idea how scarily conservative some of those people are, I've seen Republicans on message boards say and believe that AIDS was the best thing that ever happened to us because it killed a lot of our kind off :manson:

Guest uwalumni

Artists who sold truckload of GH albums have very broad appeal beyond their core fan base. The core fan base are usually not THAT big.

For new and casual fans, they are not familiar with the whole catalog, and their staring point is usually a GH album or legendary studio albums.

Of course when an artist has multiple GH albums, the one released at the peak of his/her popularity and with the most popular tracks will do

better than the others.

Edited by uwalumni

Artists who sold truckload of GH albums have very broad appeal beyond their core fan base. The core fan base are usually not THAT big.

For new and casual fans, they are not familiar with the whole catalog, and their staring point is usually a GH album or legendary studio albums.

Of course when an artist has multiple GH albums, the one released at the peak of his/her popularity and with the most popular tracks will do

better than the others.

sure, until he /she/or whatever the hell dies...then they'll go for the more comprehensive shit and that's when Celebration will sell 10 copies more :thumbsup::vogue: