How I miss the good videos!

Guest valhum

Sorry to sound like a broken record or state something that has been discussed a lot BUT I am watching Madonna videos on youtube, something I barely do and how i miss the good old days when she would spend more that 20 mins to make a video :( lol. Maybe is my drunkness right now (for some idea my bf thought it would be nice to drink some Tecates at 1 pm, lol) or I dunno but she used to make such good videos.

I hope for her next project we get some real nice videos. And don't say that the media is over, youtube is for that, we all love to see a video, just remember how excited and proud you used to get when a new Madonna video was out, with our smuginess and such, oh the good old days.

Is smuginess even a word....oh i love being drunk :lol:

Some fans will never be happy. I think she's made some cool videos lately. Sure, they aren't up to par with Like A Prayer, Bad Girl, etc., but hey, times are different. Music videos aren't a big deal anymore like they used to be. It cost money to put them together and if you're an artist who isn't getting much attention on radio or MTV (video or not), why waist time and money on a video that isn't going to get played in a major medium?

Anyway, I've liked some of her recent music videos, ex. Jump and Give It 2 Me. I get what you're saying though. But that's just what's happening with music videos. On the music channel I get they barely play music videos at all which is really sad. But it doesn't mean that she won't make bigger ones in the future. Anyway it's not a big deal to me at all. Really with all the works she does/material M gives us I can't complain.

Guest bluejean

I think Madonna will do more great videos in the future, but likely only for the 1st single of each album. We're used to getting 4 or 5 great videos and album, that just doesn't happen anymore.

4 Minutes wasn't very good, but that had nothing to do with budget. Even though I think the video isn't that good I wouldn't say it was a lazy effort.

Celebration doesn't count as a 1st single either. It was thrown together mid tour for a compilation. Frankly I was surprised we even got a video at all.

I dont think its over for her as far as videos goes, yes as of late there not ground breaking.

But I feel with the next real studio album we will get something more than 20 minutes, maybe like 30 but still more than 20!

I dont think its over for her as far as videos goes, yes as of late there not ground breaking.

But I feel with the next real studio album we will get something more than 20 minutes, maybe like 30 but still more than 20!

for last album we got 4 minutes

dum-dum-tshhh

:lol:

Guest Madlover033003

madonnas last great video was for American Life. so sad. she used to whip out great videos. she had such passion and ambition. now its like she doesnt give a shit about videos. and for all those that say that videos dont matter thats stupid. then why are singers like Lady Gaga and for goodness sakes, Kylie Minogue, making such great videos?

The golden age of the music video was late 80s to early to mid 90s in my opinion. Its amazing how we have reverted back to the old days. When I heard a song on the radio a few years ago I would always picture the video in my head because I would always have MTV on, and now I hardly ever see any of the videos to the songs on the radio or even care to look them up on youtube even if I like the song.

I think all of Madonna's videos currently have been just as great as the past. Maybe some fans are just being more picky now days and just always expect more and more from her. It's like she can never do enough for some people. Also, consider that sometimes she's working on other projects (such as touring or working on video backdrops for her tours,etc). She can only do so much.

Guest Madlover033003

I think all of Madonna's videos currently have been just as great as the past. Maybe some fans are just being more picky now days and just always expect more and more from her. It's like she can never do enough for some people. Also, consider that sometimes she's working on other projects (such as touring or working on video backdrops for her tours,etc). She can only do so much.

huh? thats like saying "oh why does madonna need to make a great video for Vogue, shes doing tour rehearsals!" lets be realistic, she makes them because shes probably forced to by her label. the videos are shit. no thought, concept, or production what so ever.

At least i am not alone :D

these people are delusional. prefer disc two to one? :S maybe the first half of disc two thats it. it all came crashing after American Life.

Some fans will never be happy. I think she's made some cool videos lately. Sure, they aren't up to par with Like A Prayer, Bad Girl, etc., but hey, times are different. Music videos aren't a big deal anymore like they used to be. It cost money to put them together and if you're an artist who isn't getting much attention on radio or MTV (video or not), why waist time and money on a video that isn't going to get played in a major medium?

OK, that´s true, music videos are not that bimportant anymore, but what about the artistic value of them? and, she´s rich!!! she can afford two good videos from each album...I was reading a book, "Madonna the nineties", and the effort put in ertotica´s videos for great...and i don´t think Fever´s video was expensive...

Guest bluejean

Those pesky damn fans. She gives them so much and yet theyre never happy. I mean... Jump? Give It 2 Me? Celebration? COME ON YOU INGRATES :electropop:

:lol:

Her recent videos have been in the league of 'Everybody' and 'Lucky Star.'

I mean they're ok, but I think even on a lower budget they could do something great.

Guest bluejean

"Give It 2 Me" = "Cherish" with Pharrell instead of Mermaids.

I know what you're saying, in terms of effort involved its the same.

But Cherish is so beautifully shot and has some sort of concept, it just doesn't compare.

I think 2 good concept videos with a decent budget per album, plus 1 or 2 thrown together ideas is not that much to expect. Do they make much money selling music videos on itunes?

Guest Madlover033003

give it to me and cherish? like really? herb ritts shot a beautiful video. GITM was in front of a wall with like...one light

Other acts still make great videos eventhough they are mostly watched online. There isn't really much of an excuse besides disinterest and/or laziness.

Part of me is hoping that over the last few years she wanted to 'stick it' to WBR, reemerging with some cinematic masterpiece for LN...but chances are slim.

I don't buy the whole thing that videos are not important anymore, I mean, youtube is great for that, you have access to the video any moment you want. It is called not interested in videos I believe from her part.

And it doesn't have to be super expensive, etc, just look at Don't Tell Me, nice small video, green screen and all but she made an effort to learn some cool dance moves :lol:

What really intrigues me is how the Tour videos are always hot, like DAD for S&S.

But Why Is "Give It 2 Me" Shit? :lol:

2iqb9mp.jpg

Madonna Looked Damn Good, to me at least.

Is That Delusion? Should I NOT Love The Video "CUZ IT COULDA BEEN SO MUCH BETTER!?" :rant:

We All Have our Opinions, but taste is subjective. Right? :chuckle:

But Oh Well, We Could Always Shut Down The Forum

Since She's Such a Lazy Bitch Nowadays. :queenbitch:

I don't buy the whole thing that videos are not important anymore, I mean, youtube is great for that, you have access to the video any moment you want. It is called not interested in videos I believe from her part.

And it doesn't have to be super expensive, etc, just look at Don't Tell Me, nice small video, green screen and all but she made an effort to learn some cool dance moves :lol:

What really intrigues me is how the Tour videos are always hot, like DAD for S&S.

That's it right there. I always laugh when people claim she's too lazy or uninspired to make a great video. All one has to do is look at the tour videos since the DWT, to see her creativity is as vibrant as ever. Perhaps she's not interested in spending a million dollars on a video destined for youtube.....and despite what people in here claim, it is not an ideal medium to watch anything longer than 30 seconds.

As far as comparing cherish with Give it 2 me, she probably spent more money on Give it 2 me.

Herb Ritts himself admitted he had no experience making, and had no clue what he was doing. All he had was a cheap camera, and Madonna on the beach. The video is a classic today, but if she made it now, people in here would be whining about how cheap it looked :wacko::lmao: