Madonna lays school's foundation stone in Malawi

Bitch

The Daily Mail really are BEYOND PATHETIC - the same paper runs scare stories about how our hospitals are full of germs because staff don't wash their hands etc.

Even the good shops in this country have hand sanitizers by the check outs these days - not that I use cash myself but I suppose there are those who do - needs must an all. :queenbitch:

Daily mail is nothing but a piece of shit.

BTW, why girl school? What about the boys?

That's because girls don't have the same opportunities that boys do in Malawi and don't get to study all the scientific studies that boys study. Thus she opens an academy for girls that emphasizes scientific studies.

She talks about in her blog message in HP that Danny posted in the previous page and it's also mentioned here:

"Mtila-Opponyo said the curriculum will emphasize science and mathematics.

"Madonna did not accept that Malawian women would not study science to become doctors," she said.

The singer told some 1,000 gathered villagers she was inspired by the strength of Malawian girls and women.

"In all my travels, investigations and conversations the most recurring thing is how amazing Malawian women are, both young and old, how industrious they are and how much they deserve to be educated," she said.

Madonna's Raising Malawi, a charity founded in 2006 when she first visited the country, helps feed, educate and provide medical care for some of Malawi's orphans.

http://news.yahoo.co...eople_madonna_2

"The academy seeks to provide a model of relevant and effective education in Malawi while advancing gender equality and women's empowerment," said an official who requested anonymity.

The school on the outskirts of the administrative capital Lilongwe will prepare girls from poor backgrounds for careers in medicine, education or law, the official said.

"Madonna believes that given opportunities, these girls will becomescientists, lawyers and doctors. She believes in them. Having someonebelieve in you is important to a girl," Oponyo said.http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091023/en_afp/entertainmentmalawiusmusicpeoplemadonna_20091023184647

Guest chatty kathy

MADONNA PROMISES LIGHT FOR MALAWIAN VILLAGE

MPHANDULA, Malawi — Madonna has promised electricity to a village in Malawi, the impoverished southern African country where she runs a charity organization and from which she has adopted two children.

Speaking in Mphandula, some 50 kilometers (30 miles) from Malawi’s capital, Lilongwe, the singer said Thursday: “I know you work in darkness. I will bring you electricity.”

Madonna’s Raising Malawi charity already has donated $500,000 for a child care center in the village that feeds and educates 3,000 orphaned children.

Madonna arrived in Malawi on Sunday accompanied by her four children. On Monday she broke ground for her $15-million Raising Malawi Academy for Girls.

About 500,000 children in this nation of 12 million have lost a parent to AIDS.

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hNNReug171QM_2Y8sk1J8__6lt2QD9BKULV82

:thumbsup: What a fucking Goddess! I'd love to see her buy Malawi, fix it up, and flip it.

Or just make it the offical country of Kabballah!

She's beyond generous!

I'd really like to see Mr. Rodger Friedman re-evaluate her "charitable donations". Sadly some how he'll miss this news.

im predicting david to be a future gay

That phrasing "A Gay" sounds like something my 85 year old grandma would say! :electropop:

Its so old fashioned. LOL

Guest chatty kathy

That phrasing "A Gay" sounds like something my 85 year old grandma would say! :electropop:

Its so old fashioned. LOL

OK. From someone else who uses that phrase, what is the newest, coolest way to basicly say the same thing?

I'm curious and I want to be current and up to date!

Thank you!

OK. From someone else who uses that phrase, what is the newest, coolest way to basicly say the same thing?

Thank you!

Wooaaahhh...chill out, homegirl. I'm only joking around. No need to get all defensive! All meant in good fun.

"A GAY" makes the person sound like some special, separate entity from all others...lol. Sorry, I just always found the phrase strange/somewhat demeaning.

Thank you!

"Lover of buttsex"

Guest chatty kathy

Wooaaahhh...chill out, homegirl. I'm only joking around. No need to get all defensive! All meant in good fun.

"A GAY" makes the person sound like some special, separate entity from all others...lol. Sorry, I just always found the phrase strange/somewhat demeaning.

:lmao: Sorry, didn't mean it to come across tht way. But seriously what phrase do you use?

What do you think sounds more appropriate or more pc?

I'm not angry, I just want to know!

Guest chatty kathy

MADONNA’S CHARITY FOR THE UNDERPRIVILEGED

r3502728200.jpg?x=221&y=345&q=85&sig=2H15G1Q2XTsRKTFmxV7nbQ--

Women have the potential to achieve whatever they desire in life, provided they are educated. But we find young girls deprived off even this basic necessacity in underdeveloped countries. On her visit to Malawi, Madonna realized the importance of all the facilities she had enjoyed as a child and the happiness she had derived from it.

On meeting the young girls there, she felt the dire need for a proper institution where these girls could be educated so that they could serve their people and their nation in future. She wanted to give them opportunities; she had the faith that if given a chance they can become successful leaders, doctors, scientists and lawyers in future. She believed in them.

It was this belief in them that she decided to build an Academy for the underprivileged girls in Malawi. The foundation stone for ‘The Raising Malawi Academy for Girls,’ was laid down in a small ceremony attended by her children, including her adopted children, 4 year old David and Mercy aged 3 years. The Academy which will supposedly cost $15m, will take around 2 years to be completed.

She always wanted to do something for the underprivileged girls. In her words, “I realized how much they deserve to be educated and so for me the best thing I could do was to build a school, a unique school that will create future female leaders, scientists, lawyers and doctors. If this school is successful it will be used as a model to replicate it in other countries.”

By this charitable institution, she aims to provide free accommodation, education, food, clothes and all the basic essentials of life, to all the underprivileged children and orphans of Malawi. The school which is on the outskirts of Lilongwe, their capital, will accommodate 500 girls from the 28 districts of southern Africa.

The Head of the institution will be Anjimile Mtila Oponyo, an academician from Malawi.

Her trip included a meeting with President Bingu wa Mutharika, and a visit to the orphanages supported by her.

Source: http://www.beviga.com/1538/madonnas-charity-underprivi/

:lmao: Sorry, didn't mean it to come across tht way. But seriously what phrase do you use?

What do you think sounds more appropriate or more pc?

I'm not angry, I just want to know!

a monkey in the bush

David has a cool murse (men's purse). :D

Small video of M touring the village with her 4 kids: http://www.dailymail...ren-Malawi.html

Mercy is just a adorable.

If David ends up gay, I wonder how that would fly in Malawi? I wonder if they would blame Madonna?

BTW, I would TOTALLY FUCK Nathan Rissman.

Houston, our bitch has left Africa...

Madonna leaves Malawi after week's charity tour

(AP) – 1 hour ago

LILONGWE, Malawi — Madonna has left Malawi after a nearly weeklong visit with her family, airport and charity officials said Saturday.

Officials said Madonna flew out of the southern African country on Friday. The 51-year-old celebrity arrived in the impoverished country on Sunday accompanied by her four children — daughters Lourdes and Mercy, and sons Rocco and David. Mercy and David were adopted from Malawi.

I wonder if she flew back to London or NYC?

Houston, our bitch has left Africa...

Madonna leaves Malawi after week's charity tour

(AP) – 1 hour ago

LILONGWE, Malawi — Madonna has left Malawi after a nearly weeklong visit with her family, airport and charity officials said Saturday.

Officials said Madonna flew out of the southern African country on Friday. The 51-year-old celebrity arrived in the impoverished country on Sunday accompanied by her four children — daughters Lourdes and Mercy, and sons Rocco and David. Mercy and David were adopted from Malawi.

I wonder if she flew back to London or NYC?

She's probably back in NY by now, as the kids should be in school Monday. I heard the kids had a 2 weeks break at the Lycée school they attend.

Jesus also flew from Rio back to NY on Friday.