The Sun really hates Madonna

cosmic_system

Guest SuperPop

this week's UK Airplay Chart where 'Celebration' soars to no9 from no25 makes this whole trash article completely null & void :fag:

This article is ridiculous.They're trying to make it seem that Madonna is over,saying she should retire,blah blah blah.But they always forget to mention that "4 Minutes" became one of the biggest hit singles of her career,and Sticky and Sweet tour became the most successful tour ever by a female artist.And oh yeah,she was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I wonder why they never mention these things? :)

So what if she has the occasional single that doesn't do well? It never stops her from having successful tours and albums that reach Number One in numerous countries.Why would anyone retire when their tours routinely gross over $200 million?

Gordon Smart is a Kylie loon.

As for Celebration - Radio 1 are hardly going to playlist what sounds like a Venga Boys outtake now are they - the sound of tomorrow :lmao:

She really has become quite MEDIOCRE - it's hardly wonder she's been relegated to pop's periphery in her two biggest markets. Her career in the US is OVER and OUT and the UK ain't that far behind.

BTW it seems all the rags over there have been a lot nastier to her since she:

A. worked with Americans on her last album and sort of put aside her "Euro sound" for a minute....OH NO!

B. Divorced Guy

I guess they (maybe some of the fans there too?) feel like "Lady Of The Manor" Madonna was IT. That WAS going to be her life from now on. She was going to grow old that way in England with Guy. She was "one of them". She embraced their people and their musical style....how flattering. So now she's hanging out in NYC more often, fucking a Brazilian model and really seems as concerned with the UK and it's culture these days as the shit on the bottom of her shoe. The lashing out of the press and fans over there is akin to a child not getting enough attention, it's almost like their feelings are hurt that "mommy" has "abandoned" them.

or maybe they just think her latest single is outdated shit. which it is

Guest sanctuary

As for Celebration - Radio 1 are hardly going to playlist what sounds like a Venga Boys outtake now are they - the sound of tomorrow :lmao:

She really has become quite MEDIOCRE - it's hardly wonder she's been relegated to pop's periphery in her two biggest markets. Her career in the US is OVER and OUT and the UK ain't that far behind.

Hard candy debuted at n. 1 in USA, in 2008 her tour was the most succesfull of the year in the United States.

In UK 75000 people went to see her at Wembley and 4M was one of her biggest hit.

The S&S is not only the most succesfull tour for a solo artist, but it's in the top five of the most succesfull tour of every time.

You're right she's OVER and OUT.

Oh and in UK Celebration is at number 9 of the airplay chart, without Radio 1.

In UK 75000 people went to see her at Wembley and 4M was one of her biggest hit.

They planned two nights at Wembley but had trouble shifting tickets for the first. They had to cancel a Manchester show due to lack of interest. :lmao:

A caller to Radio 1 recently referred to 4M as Timbaland ft Justin Timberlake :lmao:

Hard candy debuted at n. 1 in USA, in 2008 her tour was the most succesfull of the year in the United States.

The S&S is not only the most succesfull tour for a solo artist, but it's in the top five of the most succesfull tour of every time.

You're right she's OVER and OUT.

Oh and in UK Celebration is at number 9 of the airplay chart, without Radio 1.

Queen Bitch is just a Gaga Loon, so who cares.

OH DEAR - Aled from the Chris Moyles show is on Radio 1's playlist committee and here's what he had to say on the matter.

Viv, I think you're too close to Madonna to be able to rationally decide whether Celebration is a good Madonna song or not!

I LOVE Madonna. I'm one of her biggest fans and now that Michael Jackson has passed away there is no-one that comes close to her for me.

I agree though with the playlist's decision. She's a heritage artist who we should all respect but that doesn't mean she should get automatic rights to Radio 1 and it's playlist. If the young audience Radio 1 is supposed to serve don't care for a Madonna project then we shouldn't be putting it on. This is a greatest Hits album afterall, not a new album.

When I DJ'd in Southampton at the Under 18's club I played Madonna's Hung Up. That was the only song that actually made the entire floor stop dancing. I had to cut it short and go on.

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?t=12748&page=5#44

or maybe they just think her latest single is outdated shit. which it is

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Latest comments from Aled from the Chris Moyles show

I have to be so careful what I write here for fear it will look like it's a statement from the playlist - and none of this is, these are all my opinions, but a lot of what is being written here is just wrong and it's hard to watch it all said without defending it.

All I'll say is that the premise of the article is wrong. Madonna hasn't been binned by Radio 1, it's coming back for discussion in this week's playlist.

And Cool Sue, new music and new artists are two different things. No-one is against playlisting anything that resonates with our audience (and by that I mean ALL of it, not just the older audience). Beyonce and Sugababes definitely do that well.

As for something being high on radio airplay isn't enough of a reason because a lot of commercial radio in the UK aims at an older audience than Radio 1 does e.g. Capital, Heart networks and Radio 2, so if they all played it (for their older audience) it will ride high on the airplay chart.

Aled's comments about the Radio 1 playlist would be fair enough - except you look at the playlist and it has U2's latest single on there. I'd love to know what under-18s listen to U2.

Hell, they still have the last Arctic Monkeys single on the A List despite the fact that it absolutely tanked and has been and gone from the Top 40.

Radio 1's playlist has sod all to do with what 'young people' actually listen to and everything to do with what it's predominantly over 30 and white staff think they do/should listen to.

all this is so dire

lets just put her in the casket and move on

maybe everyone will be happy then

Wow. Dire is right. Sad... I hope I'm just in the middle of another one of her periods where the whole world is saying "she's over" -- only for her to come out the other side reborn and renewed, proving everyone wrong.

It's odd that the DJ would criticize "Hung Up" -- a lot of casual/non fans that I know told me (because they always feel the need to comment on Madonna to me, of course) that they thought "Hung Up" was one of the best songs Madonna had released in a long time. I think it tends to go over well with the non-fan crowd, and it was just played at a wedding I went to last month. It's catchy and highly dance-able. But I suppose if he's saying it cleared the floor... well, then, perhaps we really are getting old. Not just Madonna.

Wow. Dire is right. Sad... I hope I'm just in the middle of another one of her periods where the whole world is saying "she's over" -- only for her to come out the other side reborn and renewed, proving everyone wrong.

Except the whole world isn’t saying that, and the single is already a smash in many places. In the UK it’s already top ten in airplay, was just added to Radio 2’s playlist (radio 2 has a bigger audience than radio 1) and the video isn’t even out yet. People are going a bit overboard with what one crappy journalist and dj think.

Except the whole world isn’t saying that, and the single is already a smash in many places. In the UK it’s already top ten in airplay, was just added to Radio 2’s playlist (radio 2 has a bigger audience than radio 1) and the video isn’t even out yet. People are going a bit overboard with what one crappy journalist and dj think.

except you look at the playlist and it has U2's latest single on there. I'd love to know what under-18s listen to U2.

That makes me think it *is* an ageist thing - how many other acts 50+ does Radio 1 playlist, it rarely happens. They did it with Believe because it was an innovative sound but they just don't give airtime to retro, heritage acts unless it's a bank holiday.

It's always been her biggest market per capita.

Where at least she's still big on the dance charts :chuckle:

You're DELUSIONAL...but we all knew that.

Her biggest market has always been the U.S.....where she was created, and it all started.

Please don't get her mixed up with one of your local acts like Kylie...or one of those UK only "superstars". :lmao:

ZZZZZ.. you were amusing a few months ago but it's like a broken record now.

Guest MimiDiva

I don't understand why they hate her cuz she is one of the many celebs they get paid to write about! Okay so her song didn't make it on the Billboard chart but still a dance hit.

I don't understand why they hate her cuz she is one of the many celebs they get paid to write about! Okay so her song didn't make it on the Billboard chart but still a dance hit.

Because she divorced Guy... or maybe not. :crazy: