Appreciate The Girlie Show

Lymon

That would be hot...on you. ^

What do you like about this tour Lymon?

I really like the overall theme of the tour, kind of circus-ey, and the clown was a great addition. Just by her face you can tell she had a blast doing Fever. Rain is amazing with the Just My Imagination exerpts, and I love the dance segment after it. It also contains my favorite La Isla Bonita performances after S&S Tour. She also looks great with the short blonde hair.

You can call me Nick by the way. :p

Okay Nick.

I like the beginning.

When she descends you don't know whether shes coming to fuck you or fuck you up. I like that.

She looks very mysterious in the beginning with that mask. Very slinky performance, almost an "f-you" to the people bashing her sexual attitude at the time, saying "I'm still going at it". Well maybe not exactly that, but it's a nice way of looking at it. :lol:

OMG do I fucking love this show!! The best Madonna show ever nothing will top it. That disco segment with the orgy that ends with the sadness of In This Life, that is fucking amazing Madonna will never ever top this show! Other favs are Fever, La Isla Bonita, Justify and Holiday. Im so glad I got to see this show live fucking brilliant.

Amazing tour, it's layered, clever, grown up, and very vaudeville. Some may find her look dykey here but I love it, there are some really beautiful shots of her from this tour.

It also holds a special place in my heart as it's the only tour I've seen on opening night (and pre-internet that was really something).

A very well planned and thought-out tour, all the songs flow together beautifully.

And YES, the band was off the mother fucking hook. If you though the WTG Tour band was amazing, wait till you hear the GST.

I agree Blond Ambition, as great as it was in "some" segments is very overrated. It was hardly the peak of Madonna's stage career.

But we can't possibly overrate BA!.. Yeah, GS may be an improvement as a show and more so with its specific performances or segments, but BA is legendary more because of its great, even epochal, impact. BA was "paradigm shifting", to use a cliche. BA also was at a time when Madonna was AT THE VERY PEAK of her hegemonic powers!

But, yeah, I LOVE Girlie Show!

Fever, Deeper and Deeper, La Isla Bonita, Justify Your Love are EVERYTHING! :wow::inlove:

Guest bedtimestorynyc

Best!!!!!

PERIOD!!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Justify My Love is the shit

Fever is the shit

Bye-Bye Baby is the shit

La Isla is the shit

Deeper and Deeper is the shit