Madge’s Sky 1 Deal

TOUR2008

Is that when they had the Kathy Burke narrated special?

You know, I'm not too sure. My long-term memory has been destroyed by the delights of alcohol.

I remember there was the "There's Only One Madonna" special around that time on BBC ONE. That was the one where they followed four fans as they travelled to Barcelona for the opening night of DWT. Little did three of them know they would have to be sharing a hotel room with the delightful Michelle Budd. I would have complained to the Beeb about cruelty if I was one of them. But that might have well been narrated by Kathy Burke.

The one I'm talking about featured chronological clips and snippets, year by year, in order, interspersed with Madonna's only UK interview at the time, after she initially turned down Parkinson. That definitely had a male voiceover.

You know, I'm not too sure. My long-term memory has been destroyed by the delights of alcohol.

I remember there was the "There's Only One Madonna" special around that time on BBC ONE. That was the one where they followed four fans as they travelled to Barcelona for the opening night of DWT. Little did three of them know they would have to be sharing a hotel room with the delightful Michelle Budd. I would have complained to the Beeb about cruelty if I was one of them. But that might have well been narrated by Kathy Burke.

The one I'm talking about featured chronological clips and snippets, year by year, in order, interspersed with Madonna's only UK interview at the time, after she initially turned down Parkinson. That definitely had a male voiceover.

Sinitta_280_376653a.jpg

'Get into the Groove..No..much higher.'

Interesting, airing it right before the start of the second leg, but, heck, good stuff.

Is "Rain"/"Here Comes the Rain Again" more pointles than "Oh Dear Daddy"? That was several minutes of precious time that could have been used on an actual Madonna-recorded track. Then again, we got to hear Niki Harris attempt a Southern accent.

(Since this thread has been moved from the general forum, it should be merged with the other thread in this forum)

Sinitta_280_376653a.jpg

'Get into the Groove..No..much higher.'

:lmao: :lmao: :thumbsup:

Took me a while to work out what you were referring to but that triggers a lot back actually. Anyone have the video of this great rendition by Sinitta?

Guest Danny86
Is "Rain"/"Here Comes the Rain Again" more pointles than "Oh Dear Daddy"? That was several minutes of precious time that could have been used on an actual Madonna-recorded track. Then again, we got to hear Niki Harris attempt a Southern accent.

I really didn't think the "Rain" interlude was tragic. I absolutely prefer it over the likes of "Confessions" interlude on CT or "Hollywood" on RIT, the music itself was nice and I always thought the "Devil..." performance had the same message as the video, with the rain washing away her sorrow and doing the metamorphosis when taking the cape off, like the caterpillar in the video.

I think "Get Stupid" is a lot more pointless, it's almost interchangeable with the "Sorry" interlude on CT except that Madonna bothered to record new footage of herself. The "Die Another Day" video is cool, but the editing is a bit too fast and the sped-up remix is kinda annoying.

The request section is more or less the new "Oh Dear Daddy" though, just as pointless.

Madonna Night was C4 and the Kathy Burke voiced doc was Madonna: Naked Ambition and covered the early years until Like A Virgin. The other was a nine minute short called Instant Guide To Madonna voiced by a man in a tongue-in cheek style.

C4 are also doing a fast turn around doc on Madonna / Mercy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received Sky's "Sky Mag" and M is on the cover with a shot from one of the GI2M shoots - black fedora hat and navy dress. There's a two page article on the show but basically it's just behind the scenes facts.

Is that when they had the Kathy Burke narrated special?

yeah basically the best madonna documentary ever (along with that rupert everett one in nyc) i would love to see that kathy burke one again, it told her entire story in new york.

The television guides are OUT. All mention the performances Vogue, Ray of Light, Like a Prayer and Don't Cry for Me Argentina. If the reports suggesting a few performances will be cut so people will buy the DVD are true, we'll take it these will definitely be in.

The broadcast runs from 9pm to 11.30pm, so allowing 15 minutes for the pre-show and the standard 14 minutes of commercial per hour block, that leaves 100 minutes of footage running time. Does anyone know the full running length of the Buenos Aires show? Just trying to gauge how much will actually be cut.

The broadcast will be in HD AND subtitled so you can sing along too.

I'll be getting a crate of wine in especially for this broadcast. I have good faith in SKY that they will present this well.

I can't see why they'd cut it - C4 didn't cut DW or CT.

Channel 4 played the NBC version of CT which didn't include a handful of songs. Not very interesting fact - I edited the C4 concert for tv tx, inserting breaks into it, making start and end of part bumpers etc.

I can't see why they'd cut it - C4 didn't cut DW or CT.

I think C4 aired the edited version of the CT(without Lucky Star, Paradise, etc).

Does anyone know the full running length of the Buenos Aires show? Just trying to gauge how much will actually be cut.

The shows lasted approx. an hour and 45 minutes.

The television guides are OUT. All mention the performances Vogue, Ray of Light, Like a Prayer and Don't Cry for Me Argentina. If the reports suggesting a few performances will be cut so people will buy the DVD are true, we'll take it these will definitely be in.

The broadcast runs from 9pm to 11.30pm, so allowing 15 minutes for the pre-show and the standard 14 minutes of commercial per hour block, that leaves 100 minutes of footage running time.

I wonder how they'll do it too. Interesting that it's listed as one programme and not two. A 150 minute slot has a running time of approximately 128 mins.

I cancelled my Sky ages ago in a Murdoch fuelled fit of pique so instead am going to try to blag it off a friend at Sky.

Channel 4 played the NBC version of CT which didn't include a handful of songs. Not very interesting fact - I edited the C4 concert for tv tx, inserting breaks into it, making start and end of part bumpers etc.

Ah - I don't think I stayed up for CT as it post DVD release.

Ah - I don't think I stayed up for CT as it post DVD release.

Hmmm as far as i remember it aired a few months before the dvd release(a few weeks after the NBC broadcast).

has the full audio of the London concert leaked? I thought it was odd to not release the full concert.

Yes, in so far as there's a Confessions DVD rip.

Guest Danny86
The TV ad is on heavy rotation for it, have you seen it? i cant upload and its probably old news on here but its hot!!!

No, it's not old news. I can't find it on YouTube but would really like to see it!!

Fuck i wish i had the technology to upload it, its amazing it shows the car the guitar while shes got the hat on, the skipping the beginning whith the chair, the 'vogue dance' and ends with 'sticky and sweet coming soon'.

Theres 2 versions a short one and a quite long one where they even play sections of the songs. the short version has 4 mins played in the background the longer one you hear the different songs and her shouting 'Argentina!!'