Lets have some DEEPER AND DEEPER love

Dr Lecter

I feel its time again....Definitely My Top 3 ever, usually number one, whenever i actually finish one of my countdowns

SO, FAB video - UGh to those who go "oh its so ugly, whats it mean?" - COME ON! It has balloons, Afro wigs, banana eating and MAVERICK LOGO records....

THE GIRLIE SHOW PERFORMANCE - "OOOH YEAH..ILL SOCK IT TO YOU DADDY.....OOOOOOOOOOOOH" *watches Carlton fist Luka on repeat on VHS

and THE SONG

DISCO FABULOUSNESS

SHOW IT SOME LOVE

DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEP

0000049468_350.jpg

deeper_and_deeper-madonna_12_picture_dis

9012lw.jpg

gs_dad01.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker

one of my all time favorite madonna videos. :thumbsup:

did i see something here behind the scenes of deeper and deeper? or on the set of?

Guest dicktracy

"Our idols and demons will pursue us until we learn to let them go." Definitely one of her most intriguing videos. Total Warhol homage, from the Velvet Underground banana to the Joe D'allesandro look alike. I don't quite get the meaning being about homosexuality but I guess the "never gonna hide it again/pretend" part makes sense.

"Your Gonna Bring Your love to me, Im Gonna Get You." :bow:

Great Video, AND WONDERFUL SONG!

From the greatest Madonna Album Ever.

The lyrics really conect with me, not to mention, that beat is fab too! Makes me wanna Dance!

THANK YOU SHEP! I MISS YOU :chuckle:

Oh, Lets Not Forget:

paris035.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker
As far as im concerned it is the BEST song from her most DR LECTER ACCLAIMED album EVER

totally clarisse.

The dude who wrote the GHV2 liner notes joked that it was abouta miner coming to terms with his homosexuality.

D&D is good- one of the better Shep tracks on the Erotica album. And love the "Vogue" quote at song's end- on that note, though, it shows how, despite being a decent track, it's inferior to their ultimate collaboration.

I used to always prefer the Morales mix cause it got rid of the "Vogue" part, which I thought was tired, but this is a song that has grown on me over the years.

A few people compared it to Kylie, which I can sorta see.. does have a "Step Back In Time" kinda feel. Up to that point it was her most retro disco sounding song, till the fabulous Hard Candy of course. :wow:

Guest Not4Pussies

my favorite part....

"...this feeling inside, oh no i cant explain

but my love is alive and im never gonna hide it again"

wish she would write more songs with those type if lyrics

but not bout clocks and wasting of time

Is the reason why I bought the Erotica album back in 93...it gives me life every time I hear it. Love the video, as a teen I loved anything 70s or disco this video was 70s done right...the RIT version was sublime. When u know the notes to sing...

Guest dicktracy
The dude who wrote the GHV2 liner notes joked that it was abouta miner coming to terms with his homosexuality.

D&D is good- one of the better Shep tracks on the Erotica album. And love the "Vogue" quote at song's end- on that note, though, it shows how, despite being a decent track, it's inferior to their ultimate collaboration.

So, what is this song really about? Infatuation? Love? Sexuality? I get the whole idea of discovering some sort of libido but the whole "daddy couldn't be all wrong" part throws me off.

So, what is this song really about? Infatuation? Love? Sexuality? I get the whole idea of discovering some sort of libido but the whole "daddy couldn't be all wrong" part throws me off.

It's always seemed straightforward to me. Sung from the perspective of a person who has either never been in love or who has had a few bad relationships, she was cynical about love and the generic idea of it. As a result she "hid" the feeling.

The verses are cliche' things that her parents said that she lost faith in/didn't believe/didn't understand until she found someone who really loved her...someone who she likely avoided or alienated initially. So, it's her understanding the positive musings her parents instilled in her with regard to love because she's in a relationship that allows her to feel and express those things and she's using their words as a sort of validation/means to override her cynicism.

The bridge explains the entire song: "Someone said that romance was dead, and I believed instead of remembering what my mama told me, let my father mold me, then you try to hold me...you remind me what they said. This feeling inside, I can't explain, but my love is alive and I'm never gonna hide it again."

"Deeper And Deeper" is among my top 10 favorite Madonna songs.

Picture this. Italy (okay, not Italy)... October 20, 1992. An eleven year old boy who did not yet have his own compact disc player (but who had been pining after one and knew it was only a matter of time) convinces his parents to buy the CD pressing of Madonna's new album Erotica to play <i>occasionally</i> on theirs. He sits down and listens to the album for the first time whilst dubbing a cassette copy for repeat listens on his own primitive stereo equipment. Suddenly, the "Vogue" ending of "Deeper And Deeper" kicks in and --all excited-like-- he mindlessly lunges toward the stereo and rewinds, fucking up his cassette recording.

That little boy was me, and that little boy had to listen to a glitched cassette dub of his favorite song from the new album for the better part of a week before he had the opportunity to re-record it, hands restrained. And Santa brought him a CD player two months later. <i>Thank you babyjesus.</i>

deeperremix.png

<b>Deeper And Deeper</b> [David's Radio Edit] | download

This is the promo only radio remix by David Morales which was the dominant radio version where I lived. This concise version features fuller instrumentation than the 12" length David's Klub Mix version (though, oddly, some synth string fills are missing during the middle break.) I like this version as much as (if not slightly more than) the original album version arrangement. The more prominent vocal harmonies sound lovely.

<i>That's why!...</i>

Guest Danny86
Oh, Lets Not Forget:

paris035.jpg

That's the best version! :inlove:

I think the Shep's extended mix is basically a longer album version without the flamenco guitar, no?